Chapter 50 Farewell
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun set in the west and night fell, Lu Yunshan and Tian Hua stood there until darkness enveloped them. Lu Yunshan looked up at the sky and said, "Tian Hua, it's dark now. Let's go back."

Tian Hua nodded, and the two descended from the city wall, heading towards the "Dragon Mansion."

The next afternoon, Lu Yunshan was discussing matters with others in the hall. Tian Hua peeked in from the outside, contemplating whether to enter. After a moment of thought, he turned and left. Seeing this, Lu Yunshan hurriedly came out and asked, "Tian Hua, why aren't you coming in?"

"Yunshan, I just wanted to tell you: I need to go to Mountain City Town for a while. Since you're busy with discussions inside, I thought it wouldn't be convenient to disturb you. So, I'm preparing to leave and have someone convey the message to you later," Tian Hua explained.

"Tian Hua, are you leaving?" Lu Yunshan asked in surprise.

"No, Yunshan. I just want to visit someone in Mountain City Town before I leave. Don't worry; I'll inform you before I go," Tian Hua smiled.

Lu Yunshan looked at Tian Hua and said, "Alright, Tian Hua! Do you want to send someone with you?"

"No need; I can go alone. Well then, you go inside and attend to your matters. I'll leave now," Tian Hua said. With that, he turned and walked away.

"Tian Hua, take care on the road!" Lu Yunshan shouted as he watched Tian Hua's departing figure.

Tian Hua nodded, turned back, and smiled before continuing on his way.

Tian Hua exited and instructed someone to bring a horse. Soon, a person led a horse to Tian Hua. Taking the reins, Tian Hua mounted the horse, cracked the whip, and the steed neighed loudly, kicking up dust as they disappeared into the distance.

By the time Tian Hua arrived at Mountain City Town, night had fallen, and the city gate was about to close. Seeing this, Tian Hua hurriedly rode forward, calling out, "Wait!"

The gatekeeper, upon hearing Tian Hua's call, loudly asked, "The closing time has arrived. Who are you? What business do you have entering the town at this hour?"

"I am Tian Hua, just arrived from Sunset City. I didn't expect to be late. Please, make an exception and let me in," Tian Hua dismounted, walking up to the gatekeeper.

Upon hearing "Tian Hua," the gatekeeper was astonished. He had guarded this gate during Tian Hua's attack on Mountain City Town, so he recognized Tian Hua's face. Approaching, he confirmed it was indeed Tian Hua and hastily knelt, saying, "I didn't know it was Lord Tian. I hope you can forgive me!"

Tian Hua helped the gatekeeper up and said, "Please don't be like this. I'm just an ordinary person. I've come tonight to trouble you, and I hope you can accommodate me."

The gatekeeper, assisted by Tian Hua, opened the partially closed gate and led him inside. Once Tian Hua was in, a few people closed the gate, and Tian Hua handed the reins of his horse to a stable hand, saying, "I have matters to attend to in the town. Please take care of this horse for me. Thank you!"

The stable hand accepted the reins and said, "Lord Tian, rest assured; I'll take good care of it!" With that, he led the horse away.

Tian Hua glanced at him, shook his head helplessly, then turned and walked towards the darkness.

Before long, Tian Hua arrived at a tavern. Observing the lively scene inside, he was surprised. "Tianxiang Tower" had reopened. Puzzled, he looked at the lively atmosphere inside and the constant stream of customers outside. Standing at the entrance, a man approached him, smiling, "Guest, come inside!"

Tian Hua nodded and followed him in. After entering, he found a seat. Absorbed in the interior view, a waiter approached to take his order. Tian Hua, after some thought, smiled and said, "I want to ask you, is Murong Feiyan still here?"

"Yes, Miss Murong is still here," the waiter replied.

"Oh, can you please ask her to come down for a moment?" Tian Hua asked.

The waiter looked at Tian Hua and then replied with a hint of disdain, "Miss Murong is entertaining the new town lord upstairs, so I'm afraid she doesn't have time to attend to you!"

Tian Hua looked at him, inwardly amused, thinking, "New town lord!" Then he smiled and said, "Since she can't come down, I'll go up to find her!" With that, he stood up and headed upstairs.

The waiter hurriedly tried to stop him, saying, "Disturbing the town lord is not something anyone can afford!"

However, no one could stop Tian Hua. When he reached the top floor and arrived at a room, the waiter rushed over, saying, "Who are you? How dare you be so unruly here?"

Tian Hua extended his hand and gently pushed the waiter, who felt a tremendous force pushing him. The room door was forcibly opened, and the waiter was pushed into the room, stopping only at the table.

As people at the nearby tables heard the door being opened and a person colliding with a table, one person stood up, about to exclaim, "Who dares to..." When he saw Tian Hua, he couldn't continue and awkwardly said, "Tian Hua, why are you here?"

As these words were uttered, everyone at the table was astonished. The waiter, upon hearing "

Tian Hua," stared with his mouth wide open, not closing it for quite some time. Tian Hua glanced at the crowd and then spoke, "Mr. Cheng, it seems I've interrupted you?"

"Come, Tian Hua, have a seat!" Cheng Kong, now flustered, hurriedly smiled and approached to pull Tian Hua into a seat. Once Tian Hua sat down, Cheng Kong said, "Since I took over Mountain City Town, I've been handling affairs in the mansion. Suddenly, I received an invitation from Murong Feiyan, the proprietress of 'Tianxiang Tower,' inviting me to the reopening tonight. Since I had nothing to do this evening, I invited a few people to come along. Oh, by the way, let me introduce you. This is Murong Feiyan, the owner of 'Tianxiang Tower'!" Cheng Kong pointed to Murong Feiyan.

At this moment, Murong Feiyan was looking at Tian Hua with tenderness. Since the moment the door was pushed open, she recognized Tian Hua; that familiar feeling made her memories vivid. Now, Tian Hua was sitting across from her, but she didn't know what to say. Tian Hua looked at Murong Feiyan without uttering a word. Cheng Kong, seeing the two like this, was puzzled. After looking at them for a while, he was about to say something when Tian Hua spoke, "Mr. Cheng, it seems I've disturbed you?"

"Tian Hua, come, sit!" Cheng Kong hastily smiled, pulling Tian Hua to a seat. Once Tian Hua was seated, Cheng Kong said, "Since I took over Mountain City Town, I've been handling matters in the mansion. Suddenly, I received an invitation from Murong Feiyan, the owner of 'Tianxiang Tower,' to attend the reopening tonight. Since I had nothing to do, I invited a few people to come along. Oh, by the way, let me introduce you. This is Murong Feiyan, the owner of 'Tianxiang Tower'!" Cheng Kong pointed to Murong Feiyan.

Murong Feiyan, at this point, was looking at Tian Hua affectionately. From the moment the door was pushed open, she knew it was Tian Hua. The familiar feeling made her memories vivid. Now, Tian Hua was sitting in front of her, and she didn't know what to say. Tian Hua also looked at Murong Feiyan without saying a word. Cheng Kong, observing the two, felt puzzled. After a while, he was about to say something when Tian Hua spoke, "Mr. Cheng, it seems I've disturbed you?"

"Tian Hua, old friends reuniting have much to say. It's inconvenient for us to stay here," Cheng Kong said with a smile. After that, he glanced at the waiter who had been dumbfounded by Tian Hua's appearance and thought for a moment before saying, "You immediately have someone clear this table of wine and replace it with a new one!" Hearing this, the waiter hurriedly agreed and ran downstairs.

Once Cheng Kong and the others left, the table was replaced with a new one. Tian Hua and Murong Feiyan faced each other. Murong Feiyan poured wine into Tian Hua's cup and her own, saying, "Tian Hua, I'll drink to you." After a gulp, Tian Hua raised his cup, and they both finished their drinks. Murong Feiyan refilled the cups, then sat beside Tian Hua.

"Tian Hua, why did you come to see me tonight?" Murong Feiyan asked.

"In a few days, I'll be leaving this place and returning to my hometown. I don't know why, but I wanted to see you once more before I leave," Tian Hua said.

Upon hearing this, joy unexpectedly surged within Murong Feiyan. She looked at Tian Hua affectionately, opened her mouth to say something, but found herself unable to speak. For a long time, she gazed at Tian Hua, then softly asked, "Tian Hua, can I leave with you?"

Tian Hua, taken aback, looked at her. Full of regret, he said, "I'm sorry, Feiyan. I can't take you back with me."

"Tian Hua, have you not forgiven me in your heart?" Murong Feiyan asked sadly.

"Things have passed, and dwelling on them is no longer helpful. I can't take you back because there's someone waiting for me in my hometown," Tian Hua explained.

"I understand. Tian Hua, I'll drink to you!" Murong Feiyan raised her cup, and Tian Hua raised his. The two glasses clinked, and Murong Feiyan, head held high, finished her drink. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

Putting down the cup, Murong Feiyan looked at Tian Hua, a bit at a loss. Tian Hua, looking at her, said with a hint of helplessness, "Feiyan, you..."

Murong Feiyan wiped her tears with her hand, smiled, and said, "Tian Hua, it's been a long time since I sang a song for you. Tonight, I'll sing for you again!" Rising from her seat, she left the table, standing in an empty space. Her long sleeves fluttered as she danced gracefully, her red lips gently parted, and suddenly, a myriad of birds surrounded her, their song enchanting, touching the hearts of those who listened. Murong Feiyan sang the song from that night:

In the distance, green mountains and rivers abound,
Birds in the woods cheerfully sing,
Fish in the water frolic freely,
The one I love,
Is working diligently there.

Above the fields,
Herds of horses, cows, and sheep roam,
Joyful children,
Still happily singing.

But I left my hometown early,
To this unfamiliar place I came,
Seeking joy here,
Who knew I would find troubles and heartache.

The beautiful images in my heart,
Have now become illusions,
Wandering on the road of life,
I've forgotten the appearance of my village.

Fortunately, I met you,
You pointed me in the right direction.

In the distance, green mountains and rivers abound,
Birds in the woods cheerfully sing,
Fish in the water frolic freely,
Have I returned to my hometown?

Tian Hua watched as Murong Feiyan danced gracefully. As he watched, his eyes gradually blurred...

Tian Hua gazed at the graceful dance of Murong Feiyan, and as he continued watching, his eyes gradually blurred...

In the splendid hall below, the music was enchanting, the dancers' figures were captivating, and people were mingling with laughter and toasts. The moon hung silently in the sky, while the wind whispered softly past the door.

Having stayed at the tavern for two days, Tian Hua bid farewell to Murong Feiyan.

Tian Hua entered the "Lord's Mansion" and had a casual chat with Cheng Kong. After a while, he took his leave. Before departing, Tian Hua handed Cheng Kong a letter, saying, "Mr. Cheng, could you please deliver this letter to Lu Yunshan in Sunset City when you get the chance?"

0