Meet the Donut
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The large Airships land at Beacon's airpads. The door opens up and Vomit Boy runs our first and pukes in the nearest trash bin.

Asher, Ruby and Yang walk out with the rest of the students.  They reach the courtyard and look up in awe at the large school. "Wowwwwwww...."

'This school is so big.' Asher smiles as he stares up at the school.

Yang crosses her arms . "The view from Vale's got nothing on this!"

'We did it mom, I hope you're proud.' Asher says in thought.

A student passes by with his weapon in hand.

"Ooh! Ooh! Sis! Ash!" Ruby calls out as she goes Chibi, Asher sweat drops. "That kid has a collapsible staff!" She gasps as another student walks by. "And she's got a fire sword!" 

Ruby goes after the girl with the fire sword, but Yang grabs her by the back of her cloak and she returns to normal.

"Ow, ow." Ruby whines as Yang pulls her back.

"Easy there, little sister." Yang starts. "They're just weapons."

Asher puts a hang through his hair. "Yang!"

Yang looks at Asher in confusion. "What?"

"Just weapons?" Ruby questions.

"Here we go again." Asher mutters in complaint. 

"They're an extension of ourselves. They're a part of us. They're so cool!" Ruby looks to Asher. "Tell her Asher!"

Asher waves his hands around in defense. "Don't bring me into this, Rubes."

"Well why can't you swoon over your own Weapon?" Yang asks Ruby. "Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby takes out Crescent Rose and forms it into its scythe form. She then hugs the weapon. "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people. But better."

Asher sighs and starts to drone out the conversation, until a red butterfly flies past him.

"Oooooh, a butterfly." Asher follows after the butterfly.

Through a few minutes later Asher stares up to the canopy of a tree.

"Darn, where did you go?" Asher questions, then sighs as he turns around and notices he's completely lost. "Uh oh."

Asher looks around, but spots no one near by.

"Darn flipping flapjacks." Asher grunts. "Where the heck am I?"

Asher starts to walk around for a few minutes, not really looking where he's going and accidentally bumps into someone. Asher and the new person both fall to the ground.

"Ow." They both complain.

Asher looks up to see someone that has short blond hair with bright blue eyes. He's wearing a lightest red shirt with blue jeans, and he has a white ribbon tied around his upper arm. A rifle of sorts on his back and several blue looking grenades on his belt.

It's Donut!

Asher stands up. "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." He puts his hand out to Donut in front of him.

Donut grabs Asher's hand, and Asher helps him up. "It's okay, everyone makes mistakes."

Donut is a few inches taller then Asher, which makes Asher frown a little.

Asher straightens up a little. "My name is Asher 'Sarge' Rose. First year."

Donut clears his throat. "Franklin Delano Donut. But people call me Donut. Also a first year."

Asher thinks for a few seconds. "Wait, Donut... As in Donut Steel industries?"

Donut nods. "Yup, my mother runs that business in Atlas."

Asher's eyes shine as he wraps an arm around Donut. "Donut, I think we're gonna be good friends."

Asher smiles, even as an explosion goes off in the distance behind them.

"Um... Should we worry about that?" Donut asks.

"Don't ruin the moment." Asher just keeps smiling. Then a few seconds later. "Do you happen to know where we are?" He let's go of Donut and takes a few steps back.

Donut nods and pulls out a map. "Of course, I got a map of the school grounds before coming here."

"Well, then let's get to the auditorium, Soldier!"  Asher starts to walk off.

"Soldier?" Donut questions as he follows after Asher. "Shouldn't we go check that explosion out?"

Asher just waves his hand dismissively. "Naw, it's probably just my sister, and people call me the irresponsible one."

"Sister?" 

Asher nods. "Yup, a twin sister. Her name is Ruby Rose."

"Huh, neat. But still, about that explosion."

"Bah, I explode stuff all the time... So it's kinda normal at this point."

Donut stares at Asher. "You must have one weird family."

The two continue walking on towards the auditorium. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-24-2023

2