Chapter 12 – Devil Fruit Weakness!
182 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Water 7, Center Street, No. 136.

Four people stood outside a three-story garden villa.

Sephiroth held both large and small bags in his hands, looking at the closed iron gate. He couldn't help but sigh.

The keys and other items had already sunk into the sea...

Thinking of this, the young man placed the ingredients in his hands on the ground. Then, he rolled up his sleeves and climbed over the iron gate.

"Sephiroth, is this really your home?" the green-haired girl, Boa Sandersonia, asked with a suspicious look.

"Huh!? I lost the keys during the shipwreck. Don't worry, I still know where the spare keys are."

As he spoke, the silver-haired boy climbed over the five-meter-high iron fence and landed in the front yard of the villa.

He walked a few steps quickly and reached the mahogany door. Stopping next to the potted sunflower plant on the right side of the door, he squatted down and lifted one corner of the potted plant with his right hand. Then, he touched the bottom of the potted plant with his left hand and took out a bunch of keys.

His predecessor had actually secretly left spare keys here. Wasn't he afraid of his home getting robbed while he was away? Sephiroth muttered in his heart, turned around, and walked towards the iron gate, opening the door for the three women.

In the front yard of the villa, in addition to vegetation and flowers planted along the fence, there was also a swimming pool that received water from the outside. It measured 25 meters long, 11 meters wide, and 1.5 meters deep.

His predecessor liked swimming and had good underwater skills. As for him now...?

The silver-haired boy looked at the sparkling swimming pool. He felt that as a Devil Fruit user, he would drown if he soaked in the 1.5-meter-deep swimming pool...

Sephiroth opened the door of the villa with the key, and a spacious living room came into view.

The decoration of the villa was somewhat similar to European style, with very elegant shapes. Whether it was the hollow patterns on the walls, the position of the fireplace, or the placement of furniture, they all pursued a sense of visual elegance.

The silver-haired boy casually touched the couch and table. He found that he had been away for nearly half a month, and there was not much dust accumulated on the furniture. It was still within the acceptable range. There was no need to call the maid from the housekeeping company to clean it.

Boa Hancock looked around the living room and then tentatively said:

"Sephiroth, do you have a Den Den Mushi in your house?"

"Yes, it's in the study room on the second floor."

The silver-haired boy nodded and took Boa Hancock to the study room.

In the spacious room, in addition to a desk and two bookshelves, there was also a glass cabinet filled with various ship models.

Although Sephiroth's father was the purchase manager of a shipbuilding company, he was actually a skilled shipwright with an inexplicable love for ships.

However, the original Sephiroth was not interested in ships. He believed that the shipbuilding industry on this island was about to come to an end...

It is human nature for young people to have such thoughts.

After all, due to the advent of the golden age of pirates, the shipbuilding industry in Water 7 had become increasingly difficult to operate.

But…

Now Sephiroth knew that when the sea train was successfully built, the island would regain hope, and the shipbuilding industry would be reinvigorated!

Thinking of this, an idea suddenly flashed in the silver-haired boy's mind...

In the original plot, Tom used a steam engine, so it was not very energy-efficient.

What if the steam engine was replaced by an internal combustion engine?

In terms of energy utilization, the internal combustion engine completely surpassed the existence of the steam engine...

You know, there is oil in this world, and even diesel-like products have been refined!

However, no one considers them as mechanical power fuel for the time being.

So, will the replacement of the power system speed up the completion of the sea train?

This is his hometown after all, and he will definitely not refuse if he can help...

The Den Den Mushi was placed on a glass box on the desk. Boa Hancock stretched out her hand and gently tapped the shell of the phone snail, which was the size of a rubber ball, to wake it up from its slumber.

After waiting for the phone snail to fully open its eyes, the girl with long black hair used her slender fingers to press certain numeric keys one by one on the right side of the casing and dialed a number.

Bulu Bulu~!

After a while, Den Den Mushi's call was connected, and a young woman's voice came from the phone snail's mouth.

"Hey! Who are you?"

"Is it Belladonna? I'm Hancock!"

"Eh..hey...! Hancock, where have you three sisters been all this time? We have been looking for you three for a long time but have not found you. Do you know how worried we are about you?"

"Sorry! It's like this..."

The girl with long black hair quickly explained how the three of them were caught by the slave team and escaped to Water 7.

Due to the location of the Kuja Pirates, which is far away from Water 7, the voice on the Den Den Mushi asked three girls to wait on the island for a few days before they could come and take the three girls back to the Amazon Lily.

There were many empty rooms in the villa, so Sephiroth arranged a separate room for each of the three girls.

Noon.

After the three girls finished enjoying the sumptuous lunch cooked by Sephiroth, they put on the cool swimsuits they bought at the clothing store. Boa Sandersonia bought a green bikini, and Boa Marigold bought a pink bikini.

Due to the kind invitation of three beautiful girls in swimsuits, Sephiroth had no choice but to arrange the schedule of drawing the rough blueprints of the internal combustion engine until the evening.

He put a swimming ring on his body and soaked his lower body in the sea water. He accompanied the three beautiful girls and played a water volleyball game in the swimming pool.

It has to be said that the suppressive effect of sea water on Devil Fruit users is very significant. The silver-haired boy just soaked his lower body in the swimming pool, and his body felt powerless. His strength and speed were mostly reduced, and his physical strength was also seriously lacking.

However, Sephiroth was pleasantly surprised to find that although he was currently soaking in sea water, if he wanted to, he could still quickly recover his physical strength by consuming his vitality, but the efficiency was much lower than in normal conditions.

The sea water would only make the Devil Fruit user powerless and sink into the ocean, but it would not inhibit the ability itself. It is like Aokiji freezing the sea. The other party is afraid of the restraints of sea water but can still freeze the sea water...

Does that mean that if he adapts to the powerlessness of seawater in the future, can he convert his vitality into physical strength, allowing him to barely swim in the seawater without drowning...?

---
More Chapters:
patréon.com/AnimeWrite

10