Chapter Twenty-One: Ghost’s Last Test
280 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Hey guys I'm back after my small break, hoping I can be more consistent from here on but also I am working on another project that is going well so far. We'll see what that becomes soon. I prob won't be uploading that to Webnovel and may upload it to Scribblehub and Wattpad(Which i'll be making a account for) we'll see 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, Ghost...it's time."

Alex grabbed his sword and looked over at Ghost, who was sitting on top of his usual tree stump.

"I know. Time for your final test..." Ghost replied.

Both of the two readied their weapons as they stared at each other, both of whom were looking for any openings the other would give them.

"Your patience has improved, my student." Ghost said.

"I learned from the best." Alex replied.

"That you did." Ghost said. "But I didn't teach you everything."

Ghost stabbed his sword into the ground, and suddenly the entire ground started to shake, causing Alex to lose his balance. As the shaking continued, soon white lightning started to shoot up from the underground at random spots. One of these almost hit Alex, so he had to dodge quickly, but he also had to keep moving in order to avoid the lightning bursts.

"Impressive, Alex, but you can't keep dodging forever." Ghost said.

Alex smiled and said, "I don't plan to."

Alex started to head towards Ghost, dodging strikes as he walked, even nearly getting hit by one, causing a light burn on his left leg. Alex ignored the burning pain in his leg and kept running at Ghost with determination. Nothing was going to stop Alex from getting to Ghost. As he closed in, Alex swung his sword with his right hand at Ghost, which caused Ghost to rip his sword out of the ground in order to block Alex's attack, but Alex feigned it and launched a lightning strike at Ghost using his left hand to cast it, hitting Ghost in the chest and sending him backwards a few feet.

"Good move." Ghost complimented.

Alex put both hands on his sword and whispered "Give me strength."

The voice from his sword responded "I'm on it!"

Alex channeled his lightning through his sword and swiped at Ghost, which caused Ghost to be hit by one of Alex's attacks.

"He's gotten stronger" Ghost thought to himself.

Alex didn't give Ghost a second to recover, unleashing a flurry of attacks that kept Ghost dodging and not giving him time to counterattack. Alex kept his eyes on the goal, and he unloaded another round of lightning attacks at Ghost, who unleashed his own, hitting every strike from Alex, causing an explosion. In the smoke of the explosion came Alex sprinting through it, unleashing a large amount of lightning right at Ghost, who barely had the time to dodge it by jumping in the air. Alex, seeing this, jumped up with him before sending several lightning strikes right into Ghost, hitting him and sending him into the ground, before Alex jumped on top of him and pointed his sword at his throat.

"It's my win." Alex said holding Ghost down so he couldn't counter.

Ghost sighed. "That it is my student. You have passed your final test."

Alex stood up, smiling, and offered Ghost his hand for him to get up. Ghost accepted it, much to Ghost's surprise. Alex bowed to his teacher.

"Thank you for everything. I'm truly grateful for everything you have done for me." Alex said.

Ghost smiled under his mask. "Oh, my student, you are most welcome, but I do have one last gift for you."

"A gift?" Alex asked.

"Yes. It's a gift that will help you gain great power; when you use it properly, your strength and magical ability can double. It's a gift that very few people have and can wield great benefits, but it also comes with great dangers."

"Dangers?" Alex asked.

"Yes, those who wield this power are called Origin Wielders, There are less than a dozen total origin users in this world, myself included, but each of us holds powerful magic over an element in this world, in my case, lightning." Ghost explained. "However, there are those who wish to hunt those with Origins for reasons unknown to me, but I suspect it is part of some big plan."

"So why are you giving me this? Wouldn't you be in danger if you didn't have this Origin?" Alex asked.

"I'm getting old, Alex." Ghost said. "Eventually, my body won't be able to contain my origin, and I'll become very weak, making me easier to kill. If I give it to you, even though I won't have that ace in my pocket, I'll still be able to survive. Meanwhile, you have your entire life to train with the Origin and become very powerful. Think of it as handing you the torch."

"Are you sure about this Ghost?" Alex asked.

Ghost smiled under his mask. "Without question, you are the one who deserves my origin. My protege has now become my deserved successor."

Ghost walked up to Alex. "Do you accept this, Alex? It will change your life forever."

Alex nodded. "Yes, I accept your gift."

"Very well." Ghost said. Ghost put his hand on Alex's forehead, and a light started to shine from Ghost, his eyes becoming filled with pure white energy as they glowed brightly.

"In the names of the gods and goddesses who watch and observe our world, Xymaris, Iris, Kearis, Drayfall, Lapis, Syrus, Isella, Iena, Celestia, Khytor, Saria, and Alevia, I hereby pass forward my Origin Alex Blackwood." Ghost said it in a voice that echoed loudly.

Alex's eyes soon glowed as well, but his glowed purple. Both Alex and Ghost's bodies glowed until it was almost as if Ghost's glowing was being draining and sent into Alex. Eventually, both of their bodies stopped glowing, and both of them fell to one knee.

The process was over.

"How do you feel, Alex?" Ghost asked.

"Like, I just took a sword to the chest." Alex said, grabbing his chest.

Ghost chuckled. "It'll pass in time, just your body getting used to the Origin."

"But why does it hurt my chest?" Alex asked.

"Because the Origin is a celestial object, it takes place inside your chest, right on top of your heart. This way, it truly becomes one with you." Ghost explained.

Ghost stood up. "You should go home, Alex, and rest; you will need it. After all, isn't your sister being sent away tomorrow?

"Yeah...you're right." Alex said.

Alex stood up. "I'll need to be ready to take action..."

After that, Alex said his goodbyes and walked back to his house. Ghost looked over to the skies and saw storm clouds rolling in.

"A bad omen..." Ghost said. "They must be near..."

*Later*

Alex arrived back at his house and saw his mother crying while drinking some wine.

"H-Hey Alex..." Anna said.

"Hey Mom..." Alex said before sitting next to her on the couch.

"So...please tell me you have a plan that can stop Raven's marriage and keep her safe." Anna said with pleading eyes.

"Oh, I have a few ideas, but Mom? Why are you drinking? You know you could stop this marriage by simply killing Edward, right?" Alex said confused.

"I wish I could..." Anna said. "Before I was married to that..."man" my mother wanted to make sure I didn't just kill him and run away, so she put a curse on me. I cannot harm Edward; if I do, I get put through an immense amount of pain just thinking about it."

Alex was shocked. "How is that possible? Magic like that would require a crest of sorts, and you don't have one."

"It's an internal crest, placed right on my ribcage. My mother was always an evil bitch..." Anna said taking another sip.

Alex moved Anna's head onto his chest as he stroked his mother's raven black hair. "Mom, I promise you I will stop the wedding. You may have that curse, but I don't. I can take care of the Blackwoods; save sis, and we'll get away from here. You, me, Raven, Mary, Kaede, Eve, all of us."

"Alex...I don't want you to turn into something you're not..." Anna said.

"I've killed before, Mom." Alex said.

"I know, but that was to protect yourself...this would be you making the first move. It's a different situation." Anna said.

"No, it's not my mother." Alex said. "I'm protecting all of us by getting rid of our biggest threats. I promise you, we will never have to deal with the Blackwoods again after tomorrow."

"What will you do?" Anna asked.

"Like I said, I'll deal with the Blackwoods in the manor, and after that, I'll go after the Tarren family too. Sadly, I'll need Raven to head to their mansion; luckily, I made some...arrangements for her bodyguards. She'll be safe as long as they're with her." Alex explained.

"How long have you been thinking about this?" Anna asked.

"For a long...long time."

-------------------------------------------
If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

7