Chapter Twenty-Nine: Purple Rose
106 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the night before the wedding, and Raven was inside the Tarren Mansion putting on her dress to make sure it fit. It was a beautiful dress made up of the top fabrics in the city, and even Raven had to admit it was beautiful. She wouldn't let anyone but Leonora come inside her room, so Leonora was responsible for helping Raven get inside her dress and prepare for the big day.

"Leonora?" Raven asked.

"Yes?" Leonora responded.

"Do you think my brother will make it here in time?" Raven asked.

Leonora smiled. "Of course, Raven, there's no chance in hell that he would let you get married off to someone like Oliver Tarren. I wouldn't doubt if he was in the city as we speak."

"You're right. There's no way he would leave me to this fate." Raven said as she put a hand to her chest.

"Exactly, and when he does make his move, I'll make sure to support him and protect you." Leonora said.

"Thank you, Leonora... I don't know if I could've survived here this long without your help. It will not be forgotten." Raven said it with a smile.

"Of course, Raven." Leonora responded.

"Tell me, are you married? Or in a relationship?" Raven asked her bodyguard.

"I never married, but my last relationship was...two years ago, I think. Me and my mercenary group at the time were staying in a small town in the southern regions, and there was a beautiful barmaid who caught my attention. Her name was Vivianne, and we ended up being together for the four months I was there." Leonora said.

"You only stayed for four months? Why didn't you stay with her?" Raven asked.

Leonora sighed "At the time, I didn't think I could live like that. In a small town away from everything, I loved what I did, and I chose my mercenary life over her." 

"You speak in past tense." Raven said, noticing her regret in the sentence.

Leonora replied "If I could go back and choose a different answer, I would, but it is far too late for that."

"It's never too late, Leonora; maybe after all this, go back to that town; you never know after all." Raven said.

"Maybe." Leonora replied.

The two continued to talk about a few things until it was time to go to sleep. Raven laid down in her bed and fell asleep. However, hours later, a noise awoke her, and she looked around her dark room, not seeing anything that could've made that noise, but then she noticed her window cracked open, when she knew she had closed it before.

Raven walked over to the window, and she noticed something placed on her desk. It was a flower, and after she held it up to the moonlight, the moon illuminated a purple rose, which was her favorite flower.

"Alex..." Raven said to herself.

There was only one person she knew who would do something as risky as sneaking into the Tarren Mansion, and that was her brother.

"So you're here after all; thank the goddess." Raven said it with the biggest smile she's had since arriving in the city. "Please save me soon."

*Alex's Persepctive*

Alex, who just got back from his "late night stroll" snuck back into his room at Lyanna's house; however, when he arrived, he wasn't alone.

"And where did you go?"

Alex turned to the voice, and it was Kaede who was sitting on his bed with an angry expression on her face.

"Oh, y-you know, I was just walking around the city." Alex said nervously.

"Don't lie to me." Kaede said. "You went to visit Raven, didn't you?"

"Maybe..." Alex replied.

"You know that's dangerous, Alex...what would've you done if you were caught?" Kaede asked.

"I wasn't though; besides, after tomorrow, I won't have to sneak around to see my sister." Alex replied.

"You're unbelievable..." Kaede said. "How was she?"

"She's fine; it seems the Tarren's hadn't done anything to her." Alex said with a sigh of relief.

"Good. That brings some relief." Kaede said before standing up. "Just don't do anything stupid again, alright?

"You know as well as I do that I can't make such promises." Alex replied.

"I know, it's somehow both one of the most irritating and one of the best things about you." Kaede said. "Just remember, all of us worry about you." 

"I know Kaede." Alex replied. "Everything will work out tomorrow."

Kaede walked towards Alex and hugged him awkwardly. "Just be safe, please."

Alex responded to her hug. "I'll try my best."

-------------------------------------------------------

If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

3