Chapter Thirty: Wedding Day
155 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a brand new day, a day with the entirety of Lapis City celebrating. Streamers, fireworks, food stalls, and parades. The population of Lapis was going wild. However, there were some people in Lapis who were less than pleased.

"This is such bullshit..."

Raven was staring out of her window, once again wearing the wedding dress that was made specifically for her.

"Why are they throwing an entire parade? It's just a bullshit wedding." Raven said, sighing.

"It's more than just a wedding to Lapis City Raven." Leonora responded. "It's the marriage of the top noble family in the city. If this wedding actually happened, you'd be famous."

"Well, it's a good thing my brother will be here to end this farce." Raven said. "Has he contacted you?"

"No ma'am." Leonora responded. "I know just as much as you do."

"Damn... I wish I knew just what he had planned." Raven said worrying.

Raven knew that Alex would do anything if it meant protecting her; even if he went overboard, he wouldn't care as long as she was safe. The day when they were attacked by those assassins came to mind, when Alex killed multiple of them as a child. Now he was significantly stronger and, more than likely, even more pissed off.

"I wish I knew too, Raven, but we should start heading out, your carriage has arrived." Leonora said.

"Ugh...make sure you stay close." Raven said.

"I won't leave your side." Leonora responded.

The two reluctantly walked outside the mansion to see a fancy carriage waiting for Raven. Raven and Leonora both stepped inside, with Leonora's personally selected guards escorting the carriage as guards. The Tarrens tried to place their own guards around the carriage, but Raven refused to let that happen.

The carriage carried the two around the city, surrounded by the cheering citizens; however little any of them knew, they were being watched. Someone in a black hood was standing on a rooftop, watching the carriage. Once the carriage passed them, the hooded person gave a thumbs up, which caused two more people wearing hoods to start moving in the crowd.

Soon, the carriage had finally arrived at the church. The church was designed to worship the city deity Lapis, so it was designed as such, with statues of the deity all around the outside.

"Here we go..." Raven said under her breath.

"It'll be fine, Raven. Put up an act and just wait for Alex and the others to make a move." Leonora warned.

The two walked inside, and all the guests were standing looking at Raven. She looked around and saw the Tarren family up on the stage, all wearing suits, including her "fiance" Oliver Tarren, who had a wide grin on his face as he waited expectantly. 

Music started to play as Raven walked up to the stage and stood across from Oliver, and the priest began speaking about their marriage.

However, all Raven could think of was, "When is Alex going to show up?"

The priest kept talking, which Raven didn't listen to at all, however...

"Now before we unite Raven Blackwood and Oliver Tarren in marriage, does anyone amongst the people in attendance stand against this marriage and is willing to speak out?"

Silence filled the audience—that is, until two purple lightning strikes hit two of the Tarren guards, causing chaos in the church. The doors were busted open, and Alex walked right inside, his sword drawn and covered in blood, and he had a small blood stain on his face. Behind Alex were Tarren guards on the ground, blood gushing out of them. Raven's eyes teared up upon seeing her brother finally arrive.

"Alex!" 

"Hey Raven." Alex said. "I'm finally here."

"YOU!" Oliver yelled out in anger.

"Oliver! It's been awhile. Now if you don't mind, I'm taking my sister." Alex said.

"Guards!"

Three guards ran towards Alex; Alex, however, stood still with a smile on his face. Alex generated lightning in his fist and punched the ground, sending electric shockwaves all around him, causing the guards to be electrocuted due to their armor.

"He...he killed them." Oliver said nervously.

"Last chance, Oliver." Alex said as he pointed his sword at Oliver. "Give me my sister, or you're next."

-------------------------------------------------------

If you guys want to to support me check out my patreon, it's as cheap as a dollar!
 
Patreon:
https://patreon.com/Alex_Blackwood628

Discord:
https://discord.gg/97ejzvAGKb

2