The Beginning (Part 1)
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 57 years since the end of the Great War that wreaked havoc on human civilization. A war that lasted longer and was more deadly than previous wars, the destruction of an imperial state that changed international politics, the disappearance of small countries dragged into the battle, and one thing that could be considered positive as a result of the war that occurred is that human-created technology is evolving rapidly. Whether it is beneficial to humanity or is linked to the leading cause of human death, weapons.

2089 is the year when mankind reached its peak back after the war, although the stability of new life could be felt 20 years ago as conflict, poverty, inflation, and epidemics that occurred in almost all countries of the world became a nightmare even after the world war ended. Perhaps it was God's punishment for inflicting destruction and turmoil in the world he had created?

Is that all that happened after the war ended? The answer is no. The phenomena that were once considered merely fairy tales and myths and also sometimes theories of endless debate appear one by one to humans. No one knows and can answer with certainty what causes the phenomenon to appear after the war, why it should arise after the war?, and whether other strange events will continue to arise?. And what if humans have to fight with them? It becomes a new question after the conspiracy theories are answered, which are really endless and will never end.

Even now, at least three phenomena have caused the most amount of shaking in human history. The appearance of mysterious portals in the sky, the disappearance of certain people, and the advent of people who have extraordinary abilities. And this is the reason why people with special powers appear, they are the ones who went missing and then returned, at least that is what they admitted when interviewed by the media. They claim to be summoned to another world, transform into heroes, vanquish formidable foes, ascend to the throne, and experience many other amazing things, almost like things out of books and movies.

These returnees also taught about methods from other worlds, such as magic, body strengthening, and other weird techniques, but the methods never worked out at all. In addition, the government has also offered rewards for those who can do it, and then their lives will be guaranteed, whether wealth, power, high positions, or other rewards. But none of them succeeded in winning the prize anywhere in the world, so the government's ambitious project to raise and create people with special powers was canceled.

Then what about the lives of special people who came back from other worlds? Well, some of them live peacefully, and there is no lack of them, even though there were fools who tried to dominate the entire world with their special powers. Why would I call them stupid? It's because they failed to achieve their great ambitions, and they disappeared from this world. If they succeeded, I wouldn't even dare say they were stupid, but in fact, their dreams disappeared along with them.

The public is informed by the government that they have been exterminated without any trace of their existence remains. This is also a warning to other special people that their power is not the absolute power that could be used to conquer the world. But I know what really happens to their bodies because the government never gives up on its own ambitious projects, if it fails, then do it again until it succeeds without any protests so that the bodies of these special people are exploited as best as possible without leaving nothing but their names for future generations to remember.

Okay, then what happened after the interview was shown to the public?, It was a chaotic situation. Novels, movies, and video games that have genres summoned to another world that were once popular in the past have become popular again on the market. Many people flock to make bad comments about the novels in the hopes that the author is a mysterious god who doesn't accept the comments and summons them to the world in the novel, or that there is another person who plays games by finding out all the stories, easter eggs, and hidden events, in the hope that when they fall asleep they are reincarnated in the game they have played, or fools who crash themselves into passing trucks so they will be resurrected in another world, and many other methods that these people use are all inspired by novels and movies they have previously watched.

Does the method of going to another world work? I'm not sure because, as of right now, there are no more people with extraordinary abilities has claimed to have returned from another world, and no one has refuted the idea that it is ineffective because no one has been able to provide evidence that they are not reincarnated into another world.

And how about me? I'm just an "ordinary" high school student who goes to one of the top five schools in the world, which provides the lowest to highest levels of education for everyone who passes the test without distinction. You don't need to worry about the expenses since the world government will take care of everything.

This school was founded two years after the war ended with the agreement of all countries in the world, that this school will and must be the best, attract the brightest students, and turn out the best graduates in the hopes that they will be able to restore human glory after the destruction caused by humans themselves.

Each young person eligible to attend this school possesses a talent or two that will be developed for the benefit of humanity in the future. Whether it's intelligence, physical strength, leadership, or anything that is useful for human glory, as long as you have the ability and talent and can pass the test, then it is a guarantee of your future prosperity after graduating from this school.

Threats, bribery, high positions, and other forms of intimidation cannot force someone to come and study here because, unless they are insane, no one would dare smuggle themselves into a school that is overseen by representatives from every nation on Earth.

Or that's what's going on since I was a crazy person who intimidated and bribed the director of this institution to get admitted as a high school student even though I didn't fit the qualifications and standards. Don't worry because I guarantee to do it cleanly so there won't be any unrelated people who know, but if something unwanted happens and I lose my precious high school experience, I swear to ruin the lives of those who dare to ruin it. I'll drag it with me if I get destroyed so that we get destroyed together.

And now I find myself here. A year had gone by since I started high school in the second grade, meaning that the end of my long-awaited time in school was drawing near. To be honest, it was quite fun because it was a life of relaxing with people who considered me friends or competing to be at the top with other kids, an experience that I would never have felt if I hadn't come to this school.

To gain as much experience as possible, I acted starting from the bottom, pretending to study hard so that when I was at the top, it would be considered a natural result of my hard work. Because I wanted to gain various experiences here, I became the top student in just one semester. It is accurate to say that the experience you have is unique as well.

People's perceptions are changing, as are emotions like adoration, envy, jealousy, and rage. It turns out that you can sense the humiliation of those under you even when you are at the top. It's odd how they insult others who are superior to them in every aspect; doesn't it imply that they are deserving of greater insults than mine? Luckily, though, I don't really give a damn about other people's opinions because they don't matter or change the fact that I'm at the top.

Ahh, I forgot to mention why they are jealous because, in addition to being the best, I am also attractive enough to make finding a girlfriend here simple. My attractive appearance fascinates juniors, seniors, classmates, and even female teachers. All kinds of love letters and confessions have become the norm that I get at the beginning of school. Hahahahaha, you sad, mischievous kids, laud my handsome faces.

But do I have a girlfriend here?, The answer is not at all and never will be. I want to experience many things in school, but I don't desire a romantic life. For this reason, among other things, I spread rumors that I am a playboy and that I switch girlfriends every three days. In addition, because of my haters, stories about me traveled fast and were much exaggerated. The impact was felt right away, and up to this point, when I am in my third year of high school, I had no more love letters or confessions.

There's only half a year left until graduation, and my high school life would be considered perfect, but it seems fate doesn't want that to happen because of the phenomenon you can see in the novel, which is dreamed of by many people until it takes their own lives and becomes one of the secret projects the world government never succeeded in and closed, has occurred right in front of me.

0