Chapter 77: Mood Swings
370 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kuzan eventually found his way out from the crumbled terrain, dislodging himself from a sea of broken trees.

*Krrrr* Creaks and cracks resounded in the area as the broken shards of ice reformed into Kuzan's broken head, fitting back together like puzzle pieces.

It took a little while for him to fully regain his bearing, though the dull ache was overshadowed by Toki's yell regarding the food that was prepared.

He dashed through the forest, leaving a trail of frost in his wake.

Damien was already there, about to sit down near the huge stump-turned-dinner table.

Ignoring Kuzan, he turned to a purple imprint on the ground, "Looks like we have another guest."

A purple flash went off with a bright flare as a human silhouette emerged from below.

"Aurora-nee is here too!" Kuzan alerted the others, though it was obvious enough.

His eyes drifted to the woman covered in a tight black attire that fitted quite well. The mask that was once there had been removed and showcased the silky purple hair that fell down the woman's shoulders.

Upon arrival, Aurora looked around the familiar lands with a hint of anticipation.

Her eyes were drawn to the towering figure of Damien who was watching with a smirk.

*Vvooo* Her body became fluid-like, warping through the air and reappearing in front of the pirate.

"Damien!"

She was about to get close but hesitated and halted a meter from her target.

"..."

Damien looked down at the newly appeared Aurora with a look of scrutiny.

'She's grown… in multiple ways.'

The thought was not uncalled for. It seemed the girls in One Piece tended to grow in multiple dimensions after a timeskip.

However, the thoughts vanished as he saw the slight hesitations emanating from the girl. Obviously, Aurora had no idea how to proceed from her current position.

Damien reached out and ran his hand through her hair, feeling the soft and silky texture, something that left her stunned.

"You made it in time for lunch; we'll talk afterwards."

He then took his seat before the table, leaving Aurora in a state of confusion.

The assassin looked to the side and saw Toki smile at her with a slight nod as if communicating in some special language.

At the table, Toki had prepared a large array of dishes.

A mix of Western food Damien imparted to her alongside some of Wano's best foods. 

Kuzan also got a double whammy as he guzzled a jar of his favourite drinks while embracing the warm soup of the stew from the Land of Samurai.

The lunch took on a vibrant atmosphere, one further amplified by the flora and fauna nearby.

[A While Later]

The evening had arrived, though the sun was still high in the sky. The orange sun cut through the clouds as the warmth fell upon the island below.

The party of four sat in a circle around a fire, eating marshmallows.

Damien began a quick spiel, "I'm sure you saw the news, the Reverie had shifted to a remote version due to the threat of the New World and the latest tragedies that occurred at the worst time."

Kuzan snickered at the side, knowing full well who the culprit of said tragedies was.

"It will begin within three weeks, and probably last a week. In other words, we have a month where the World Government and the Marines will be able to tend to the seas once more."

He then looked at the reserved Aurora.

"You've done very well in the Underworld, too well, even. I'm sure that Cipher Pol will redeploy once again after the Reverie; they will find their way to your door."

He wolfed down the marshmallows before continuing, enjoying the taste.

Aurora, who was on his left, slightly nodded.

Last time she had turned down the Government, it would be a fool's thought to not expect them to return.

Damien's eyes sharpened as he glanced at the blazing in front of him.

"They will probably try some shady things, I'll come with you to make sure they don't get too out of hand."

Kuzan, however, was left deflated, "Can't I come as well?"

Damien glanced at the downed boy and shook his head.

"Sorry kid, it's not the right time for you. For now, focus on your studies and training."

He felt a little bad for the boy and made a quick compromise, "We need to restock some clothing and items; go shopping with Toki when I leave, but make sure not to showcase your Devil Fruit."

Kuzan, who got a little sick of the same atmosphere for over a year, rejoiced at the news that he could leave, even for a little while.

.

Toki smiled from the side and said, "In the meantime, I'll focus on perfecting my knowledge of medicine and human anatomy." She also held up a metallic pendant, "This makes me feel quite lightheaded but since you said it'll help, I'll put it on."

Damien nodded, naturally, the pendant was the same once he used to attain his Seastone Immunity and had just taken back from Aurora.

They then kicked back to relax, gulping down the smoky and tasty marshmallows.

----------------------------------------------

[Hachinosu]

"No, no, you ran over my plants, you estúpido!" a pirate voiced his anger.

He was of a very small stature with dark hair and a signature thick mustache. The recipient of the anger was an eighteen-foot-tall burly masked man who seemed somewhat ashamed.

"My bad, I can't help it, I thought they were broccoli plants which gave me the urge to ruin them!" 

The much, much shorter man heaved an annoyed sigh while brushing a plot of plants to the side.

At that moment, another pirate arrived.

He stood at exactly eleven feet in height (3.35 m) with dark hair and dark skin, donning a black vest. The tribal marks running over his open arms left quite a wild nature to emanate.

His appearance brought the two arguing pirates to their feet in salute.

"Droga Pablo, did you prepare the goods you promised to equal your worth?"

The calm yet sharp tone caused the awfully short man to gulp, "Señor Indra, I have them ready!"

Zenora Indra, who was naturally the one at the front, watched without giving any reply. 

He saw as Pablo hustled around, bringing forth a handful of vials. Each was barely five inches in length, carrying a different liquid per vial.

"Sleeping, steroids, painkillers, epinephrine, hallucinogens, you name it, I can concoct it!"

.

Indra grabbed a red vial that supposedly contained the adrenaline and clicked it into a small syringe.

"Majin."

That is all he said before stabbing the medical instrument into the burly pirate's red forearm, diverting all the fluid into his body.

The towering Majin did not feel anything, leaving him confused.

"!!!" Then, however, his eyes widened as he felt a strength coursing through his veins.

"Majajaja! I feel like I can break this island!"

Bam!

His muscular fist suddenly slammed onto the earth below, leaving a wide crater in its place. Cracks soon spread out in a circle around ten meters in diameter, slowly but surely shattering it apart.

.

Indra gazed at the tiny pirate standing at a weak 5' 6" in height and expressed his satisfaction, "Not bad; the Commander will be pleased by your craft. For now, find a way to use these potions at long range."

Pablo placed his hand on his chest and bowed his head, "Sí, señor!"

The swordsman then turned away, this time to the rampaging Majin who was going around, punching trees and vegetation in light of his newfound power.

Of course, it was temporary, but it was worth quite a lot in times of war.

"'Find someone adept at working with narcotics,' is what he asked. Hopefully, this Pablo will fit that bill," Indra muttered, recalling his recent orders over the snail phone.

.

"!!!" However, at this moment, an anomaly arrived at the Fourth Division's Main Base.

Indra, the acting Commander, turned to the side and felt the heavy presence.

The atmosphere sent a chill down the pirate's back as he took upon a solemn face. The tension sucked out the colour of the surroundings, birthing an ominous breeze.

Shing!

The famed blade at Indra's hip was unsheathed, evoking an airy screech. He stood tall, locking eyes with the giant threat who had deigned to come to the Fourth Division's corner.

"..."

"Ma-Ma-Mam-Ma!"

The shrieking laugh and evil cackle were more than enough to plunge the average man into the fear of death.

"I guess it was true that Damien's right-hand man has been recruiting some pirates under his flag!"

Indra narrowed his eyes, his breathing was calm alongside the grip on his weapon. He simply glared at the woman, ready to fight if needed.

Boom!

Majin, Pablo, and the now-awake Kaen arrived.

They each were rather apprehensive, after all, the enemy bounty exceeded even that of their Commander, over two billion berries!

.

"Charlotte Linlin, what brings you here?" Indra questioned.

The menacing woman stood just shy of 29 feet in height (8.80 m), more than double that of Indra.

A sword was held in one hand while a miniature sun and cloud hovered around her, each with human faces etched onto them, grinning end to end.

Linlin's grin stretched far, with a hint of savagery, "Ma-Ma-Mam-Ma! Of course, I'm here to collect the seed that's owed to me!"

The giant woman leaned in, a single string of a bikini held her cleavage, practically spilled out, "It's been over a year now, tell me, where's your leader?"

Indra heaved a dull exhale as if preparing his body for a fight.

"..."

"Hmm? Refusing to answer? Let's see how long you last!"

The woman, without any wait, slashed down the giant sword with great momentum, giving birth to screeching winds.

*Clang!*

An ear-rattling boom went off as the shockwaves were strong enough to shatter small hills to dust!

The sheer weight and power of the woman were imparted onto Indra's single blade which creaked loudly.

"Ugh," Indra grunted as he felt the overwhelming weight of the strike. Yet his wolf-like eyes remained sharp.

He eyed the enemy's point of contact on his blade and shifted his grip by the slightest of degrees.

"Huh!" Linlin stumbled forward, a consequence of her weight.

Using his smaller size, the male pirate dashed up into the air without wasting a second.

.

"One Sword Style: Beautiful Death!"

.

Linlin widened her eyes as she saw the massive image of a peacock appear in the sky, spreading its glorious wings.

"Kaaaa!" The bird shrieked as it befell the giant pirate, smashing its talons and razor-sharp feathers forward.

Indra's sword slashed down from the sky in tandem with the peacock, thundering upon the Evil Spirit.

*Vvooo!*

The torrents sent out from their collision were enough to take the three spectators off their feet and into the air.

"Damn, that crazy woman, I want to burn her alive!" Kaen bellowed as his fiery red hair danced wildly under the powerful winds.

Majin's large body landed nearby, Pablo, behind him.

"Don't get in Mama's way."

"Huh?" Kaen looked to the side and saw a young boy with a broken face, his hands warped with a white, sticky fluid.

Near the magenta-haired young lad were a few other teenagers, each ready to attack in a symphony of colourful abilities.

They ranged from candy to boiling heat and a giant genie.

"Cheh, how can a woman have so many brats!"

...

"Ma-Ma-Mam-Ma! That wasn't half bad!" a voice echoed past the cloud of smoke.

Next came the giant sword, cleaving at the dark-skinned swordsman with a horizontal motion.

It was a simple yet mind-numbing strike.

"Ugh!" Indra felt the heavy weight as his own blade dug into his shoulder from the awkward angle of the attack, sweeping him off his feet and shooting him across the region.

With a resounding boom, he landed on a nearby hill, erupting with a cloud of dust and sand.

.

Big Mom grinned, revelling in the chaos.

"Nice one, Mama!" the cloud laughed.

The living sun beamed a matching grin, "Everyone who stands in Mama's way gets thrown aside!"

However at the last moment, the two personifications of disasters turned shocked, ""He's still up?""

Shing!

Suddenly, the dust storm was cut apart as the figure of Indra walked out, his right arm dripping in blood. The pirate's wolf-like appearance became wilder, the composed demeanour still present.

"Pablo, give me a shot of adrenaline."

Indra did not have to wait long until a tiny red vial was thrown across the sky and into his hand.

Linlin watched with an impressed smile and allowed him to do as he pleased. "Oh?" Her grin turned even wider as a chuckle leaked out at the sight of Indra.

She saw the man open up the vial with a pop and poured the contents onto his sword—an even coat of the crimson liquid at the very tip of the blade.

He then pointed it toward his thigh.

*Swish!* The tip of the blade pierced ahead and into the flesh, allowing the red liquid to be absorbed into the muscle.

The burst of strength and stamina echoed through Indra's body as he stood in defiance to the menacing Big Mom.

.

"Ma-Ma-Mam-Ma! You're as crazy as your Commander!"

The entranced woman opened up her free hand as if calling for something.

"Here I come, Mama!"

*Crackle* The gray cloud in her hand turned dark and stormy, crackling with lightning and thunderous spirit.

"Here, I'll name this attack after you!"

.

"Indra!"

.

[A/N: Indra is the name of the Hindu God of rain and storms.]

Linlin roared as the attack materialized into a huge bolt of blue lightning that thundered on forth at the much smaller pirate.

Indra did not falter; he weaved his blackened sword in a soft yet precise manner, almost as if to grab the incoming lightning.

*Krrrrr* The dance went down at lightning-fast speeds, collected the electrical charges in the air and wrapped it around his blade, which was further locked in with dense Armament Haki.

Indra's weapon, Kyoran, was now crackling with countless purple arcs of volatile electricity.

.

"One Sword Style: Dance of the Dead!"

.

He gave Linlin no chance to think as he shot forth with the lightning blade in hand, slashing and swiping at the woman.

His dark figure shuttled through the skies, lighting the dull evening with bursts of blue and purple.

*Whizz!*

*Vvoosh!*

*Fwooo!*

The dark figure swished all around the massive woman, cutting and slashing at incredible speeds without any mercy.

"Ahhh!" Big Mom shrieked as she felt the dozens of slashes hit her from all angles.

The blades were swelling with the electricity produced by Linlin's attack, enough to leave cuts on her thick skin!

.

Indra never lost focus, aiming at the tendons and ligaments of the woman, under the bicep, behind the knee, and at the nape of the neck.

Each burst of electricity left the mountainous Linlin numb, causing her to lag in place.

"How annoying!"

The Titan grew angry and unleashed a flurry of Conqueror's Haki that swept away everything nearby.

*Boom!* The pink burst of energy dissolved all electricity and liquified the cracked earth below. 

Black lightning fell from the sky, forcing far-away pirates onto their knees.

.

"Damn," Indra muttered, feeling the Haki digging into every pore of his skin and tossing him into the sky.

Thud!

The swordsman landed on his feet, ignoring the cuts and gashes over his skin and locking eyes with the woman.

"!!!"

Before he could react, the giant woman appeared in front of him at breathtaking speeds. Her rather open body, sporting a single pink bikini, was cut with dozens of thin cuts.

Orange-ringed eyes flooded the land with a curtain of darkness, bathing the Fourth Division's Headquarters with an ominous sight.

.

"Life or Slave!"

.

The proclamation came with a burst of Haki, gnawing at the mind of the sole victim. 

"..."

Most people would melt under such eyes of the gargantuan woman, yet it failed to draw much of a reaction from Indra.

The glare abruptly warped into intrigue toward the calm swordsman, "Ma-Ma-Mam-Ma! You really don't fear death, do you?"

Indra raised his Haki-clad blade and gave a sharp reply, "Fear only gets in the way."

Linlin grinned past her white teeth, "Hehe, what a handsome man!"

"It would stain my name to kill you here... I'll wait till Damien comes back to take his seed!"

Charlotte Linlin took her leave immediately after her words, not caring to look back.

The squad of teenagers jumped away from their respective duels and followed behind their mother.

...

"What a crazy woman!" Kaen muttered from the side, his brain still stinging from the shriek of Haki.

Majin's burly arms burst out from the donut that trapped him. 

"Uhmm, I could be wrong but her belly seemed quite bloated, I am jealous of those who can fight on a full stomach!"

Indra, who had sheathed his weapon, could not help but correct him, "If I'm not wrong, she should be pregnant."

"Not just one, but probably three of them in there…"

"Espera un maldito minute!" Pablo cried out, dropping his cigar. "Her crazy mood swings were from pregnancy!? Just what the hell is wrong with that woman!"

Indra shook his head.

His eyes fell onto his hands which subconsciously trembled.

'Her Haki is leagues above mine,' the swordsman thought before clenching his aching hands into fists—another reason for the swordsman to keep up his game.

To Be Continued…

----------------------------------------------

Author's Corner.

Revisiting Hachinosu for those who forgot it existed.

Images are available on Discord alongside other niche details: https://discord.gg/aJHHHPvb6q

24