Chapter 4: First Contract
132 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the underground train station, a unilateral massacre was taking place. Thousands of zombies' broken limbs and bodies scattered around, forming a circle. 

At the center of these mutilated bodies stood a figure of a man, dressed in all black, and surrounded by hundreds of zombies.

He held two black chained blades, their sharp edges glinting in the dim light. The sound of growling and shuffling filled the air as the zombies closed in on him.

With lightning speed, the man swung his blades, slicing through the horde of undead with precision and skill. The chains whirled and danced as he moved, dispatching the zombies with deadly accuracy.

The air was thick with the stench of decay and the sounds of battle, but the man remained focused, his eyes fixed on the task at hand. With each swing of his blades, dozens of zombies were split in half.

Finally, as the last of the zombies fell, the man drop the chained blades to the ground, and the blades magically dissolved into water and disappeared like a smoke.

"Phew!" Dante let out a breath of relief after slaughtering all the zombie hordes. He then observed his surroundings to check if another wave was coming. Fortunately, this seemed to be the last wave of zombies.

As he confirmed that he was safe for now, his adrenaline also stopped pumping, and his body suddenly went weak. His knees gave in, making him kneel with both hands on the ground, panting like a dog. He would have liked to lay on the floor to sleep if not for it being stained with lumps of meat and blood.

"Shit! This is so freaking dangerous... I don't want to be surrounded by zombies anymore," Dante complained in a bitter tone. 

Why the heck in the anime, Akira and Kencho only chased by a hundreds of zombies but when it his turns, there are freaking thousands of them and he leaves a bloody path just to reach this place.

He thought he would die from exhaustion fighting nonstop for a whole hour straight. 

Even fighters who fought in the ring or octagon need to take a timeout, much less Dante as his current strength is still at the level of a mortal.

If not for the reason he became more stronger, he doesn't know how could he could continued fighting as his physical energy was related to his slime manipulation activity.

So if he ends up so exhausted, that's the end for him since he won't have the strength to maintain his weapon and slime suit.

Fortunately, the battle is not in vain as he gained tremendous experience points and has helped him level up a couple of times.

He was so busy earlier and had no time to check. Thinking of this, Dante immediately checked his personal stats.

[Name]: Dante Westeros

[Symbiotic - Predator Slime]

[Talent]: Dimensional Teleportation / Devouring / Contract

[Level]: 8 (0%)

[Origin Points]: 5

[Shared Abilities]: Mental Shield Lv.1 (0/3) / Internal Bodily Cleansing Lv.2 (0/7) Healing Factor Lv.1 (0/3)

[Skills]: Close-Quarter Combat Lv.1 (0/10) / Cold Weapon Mastery Lv.1 (0/10)

[Comprehensive Strength]: H+ (Elite Fighter)

(Note: The average strength of human being is H- )

Looking at his current personal stats, Dante was overjoyed.

Earlier, after finding that he's in a national park near the famous Akihabara City, he immediately set off to this subway station in Ikebukuro.

And before setting off, of course, he utilized his quick learning ability to the fullest and began on learning various fighting styles and weapons that he could find on the web with slime mobile phone while the internet was still working.

He created slime dummies and a punching bag to facilitate his practice and spent two hours training famous martial arts styles such as Judo, Bajutsu, Taekwondo, Bajiquan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Catch Wrestling, etc.

After practicing those unarmed combat skills, he trained for another hour for weapon skills such as Spear, Dagger, Arnis, Tonfa, Sai, Saber, Scythe, etc.

But his favorite weapon is the Double Chain Blades. The chain blades have no fixed appearance because he can change their shapes depending on the situation, such as turning them into Kratos' Blades of Chaos, a chained Kunai/Dagger, or a Japanese-style Kusarigama that looks like an L-shaped sickle.

Surprisingly, the chain blades really work well if combined with his slime manipulation as he can shorten or lengthen the size of the chains.

He even used this slime weapon as a means of transportation to traverse through this modern-day full of high-rise buildings, just like the ODM of Attack on Titan, swinging from building to building and even hunted zombies while hurrying to this place.

After learning various combat and weapon techniques, he was even more surprised that they evolved or combined into Close-Quarter Combat and Cold Weapon Mastery that needs 10 origin points to upgrade.

This helps him on saving a lot of precious origin points.

Furthermore, as he masters dozens of combat skills, he also gains a tremendous bonus in physical strength, nearly reaching the peak human strength, akin to Captain America (H+++).

If not for his combat skills being only at level one, he believes his overall combat strength would match his physical strength at H++ (King of Fighter).

"Hmm, wait? Why does my experience remained 0%? Don't tell me that common zombies won't be able to provide exp anymore?" Finding this, Dante was a bit depressed.

Zombies were everywhere in this world, and being not able to gain experience points made him uncomfortable. Unless, he finds a mutant zombies. But based on how the exp points decreased everytime he leveled up, they would only be able to provide 0.1% exp.

Thinking of this, he immediately lost interest on grinding mobs.

So far, he only encountered dozens of them, and the ugly bastard boss of Akira Tendou is one of them. If there's even a worthy enemy remaining in this world, then it's the Mutant White Shark on Shiningawa Aqua World.

If based on the grading of his cheat, defeating that mutant white shark would allowed him to at least level up once as its strength is clearly beyond mortal category since it could destroy concrete walls and even dented an iron door.

"Well then... It seems that I'm going to focus more on establishing a contract to gain more origin points," Dante thought and after that, it's time to leave this world.

At the corner of his eyes, he spotted something and stood up and walked towards it with difficulty.

"Finally, it's here...." Dante grinned and arrived at the front of a big rolling shutter door with the word "Bukuro".

"Now let's start with my first three vic- companions, yes my first companions," Thinking of this, Dante feels that he was energized, and with huge smile on his face, he hold the rolling shutter door and cheerfully pulled it up.

------

On the other side of the rolling shutter door, three beautiful women huddle together nervously, listening attentively to the sounds outside the door.

It's only been a couple of hours since the start of the outbreak, and being girls, they are inherently afraid of this kind of situation. 

What heightens their fear even more is the nonstop growling sound of zombies outside, as if something terrible is happening.

After a while, the sounds of commotion cease, intensifying the nervousness of the three girls..

"Eh, Reika... The sound of fighting stop? .... W-what should we do now?" A girl nervously asked, she is Maki, a beautiful girl with with shoulder-length black hair, blue eyes and dressed in yellow sleeveless blouse that shows off her nice slim figure and a very large breast.

"Haa? How do I know? We don't know even what's going outside if they are rescuer or something." The girl named Reika answered, she has the tall figure among the three with a good figure, she has a long black hair, black pupil, wearing a purple fashionable top with long sleeves and black skirt. She is like the Leader Onee-san figure in their group.

"Huuu... I hope they are rescuer, I don't want to die." The last girl, Yukari said tremblingly with tears in her red eyes, she has a long brown hair with bangs and wears a white a dress with pink sleeves.

Although she doesn't have an exagerated figure like the two of her companions, but she is giving a sweet and kind girl vibes that would evoke the man's desire to protect.

After a long while, they heard the sound of footsteps approaching, and with a harsh noise, the large rolling shutter doors were pulled up.

Seeing this, the three trembled and stared worriedly ahead. Reika immediately grasped the flashlight and shone it in front.

What appeares in front of them is a man with a height of more than 180cm, suspiciously dressed in all black with a hood covering his head.

Seeing him coming in, they stared at him carefully, after finding that he looks like a normal person, Reika ask, "Y-y-you... Who are you? Are you injured or infected,"  

Finding that the door is still open, Reika said anxiously, "H-hey, quick, shut down the door.

But the man in blank just utter an "Oh?" and just stared at them blankly without moving for a minute, making the three girls not knowing what to do as they don't know if this guy is zombie or just stupid.

Unbeknownst to them, Dante is experiencing a nervous mental breakdown.

His mind is in disarray as he constantly thinks, 'Oh, crap.. How could I forgot this important problem..... What should I do? How do I talk? It's been years since I talked to a real woman.'

As you may know, his years of isolation have made him introverted, stripping away his confidence to engage with beautiful girls. This leaves him momentarily stunned, as he wasn't psychologically prepared to communicate with girls again.

Seeing that the man still didn't respond and still stand there stupidly, Reika's hot temper quickly flared up.

"H-hey, did you hear me?" Reika shouted at him in annoyance as she strode over towards Dante's side, attempting to pull down the door.

But when she accidentally shone her flashlight behind the man, she gasped in shock, her pupils dilating. Even Yukari and Maki saw the hellish scene outside, causing them to vomit in disgust.

Dante came back to his senses when he heard them retching. Seeing them like this, an idea flashed in his mind, and somehow, he regained some of his confidence, saying to them, "Anyway, ladies... I can practice my communication skills with you later."

Since he didn't know how to converse with them for now, he decided to act like a rogue first and communicate later. Hearing him, the three girls quickly turned their attention to him, their eyes widening in fear.

"Kyaaah!" Maki and Yukari screams in horror, and Reika said in disbelief, "Wh-what are you?"

Their hearts almost stopped when they saw three long black tendrils emerging from Dante's right hand.

The three of them had only one thought in their minds: the guy in front of them is a "Monster." Connecting the commotion earlier and the hellish scene outside, their hearts fell into despair.

Before they could even think of running away, the slimy tendrils quickly shot out towards them like tentacles, wrapping around their delicate bodies.

"Ahhh!!!!" The three of them struggled frantically but couldn't do anything to escape.

"Let me gooo! Please... I don't want to die," Maki and Yukari begged, tears streaming down their faces. Even the hot tempered Reika began crying, "Waaaah... Please, I don't wanna die...." 

"Kekekeke... Don't worry, ladies. This will be over quickly," Dante smiled evilly and activated the talent "Contract."

And the condition of establishing a master-servant contract is either the other party voluntarily conclude a contract or the other party doesn't have the strength to resist.

Suddenly, a purple light shone on them, and the contract was forcefully established, accompanied by a sharp pain in their brains, rendering them unconscious as they received a stream of information.

"Now then, just wait for them to regain their consciousness."

He believes that only by establishing a contract can he confidently talk with them without any problems. 

Furthermore, since he has a communication problem, and he thought he would encounter difficulty convincing them to sign a contract later. 

Additionally, humans are inherently afraid of the unknown, especially since the zombie outbreak just occurred. This will make them more suspicious and vigilant when he proposes to about the contract. 

So he has no choice but to resort with this method, as there is no way that a normal human would willingly accept a contract and have something (slime) attached to their body.

Heck, even Dante has trust issues with his cheat.

After a while, a notification sounded in his mind telling him that he succesfully concluded a master-servant contract with the three.

[Ding! You gained 1 Origin points.]

"Eh??? Did I really get origin points from one of them?" Dante open his mouth in surprise.

He knows well that he has no good motive on contracting them, and he really didn't think about that his bullshit theory would actually work.

 

-----

Please support me in https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Paksss 

Please support/donate and it will help me motivated ($$$) in continuing this fic.

5