13. Plan for the future
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It cannot be. Prince Jarett cannot be dead." Zevan denied the possibility vehemently. Jarett's death would only push them closer to their destruction and he needed the Prince alive to protect Meadel and even Azuvar. An extra powerful hand was always a boon.

"It is just a possibility, Zevan. But I believe the truth is otherwise. Prince Jarett must have escaped from their clutches and has gone into hiding. And the imposter must be here to capture him."

"But why would he need to capture the Prince? Since they have already conveyed the message they wanted through me, why would the imposter need to remain in Meadel and behave as Jarett?" Zevan questioned, his brows drawing together in confusion.

"That is a matter worthy of inspection. I will have to analyze the issue more to conclude about it." Thessa tapped her fingers against her elbows as she continued strolling around the lake with Zevan right behind her.

"What do I do now, Thessa? I am at the wit's end and my mind is unable to come up with anything. Please help me." Zevan begged, not caring how pathetic he sounded. At that moment, he was willing to do anything to save his people.

"We do not know the imposter's intentions behind his stay in Meadel and revealing the truth to the King might turn out to be more dangerous than working in your favor," Thessa mumbled as she pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Have you thought about looking for the Prince yourself?"

Thessa stopped walking all of a sudden and turned around, startling Zevan with her unexpected actions. He was almost about to bump into her.

"Looking for Prince Jarett myself?"

"Yes. There is a high chance that Prince Jarett knows something that would be beneficial to us and detrimental to the enemies and I am assuming it to be the reason behind the imposter taking over the Prince's place. You will have to find him before the enemy does to save him as well as the others."

Zevan's eyes widened in cognizance and he stared at Thessa in awe. 

"Do not look at me that way, Zevan. I will pluck your eyes out and feed them to the wolves." Thessa threatened and Zevan averted his gaze immediately, not doubting her in the matter. She would do it for sure, savior or not.

"But how am I going to start? I do not know where Prince Jarett is." Zevan pulled his hair in dismay as he thought about his next course of action. "Moreover, I cannot leave Meadel in danger and go look for Prince Jarett all by myself."

"Zevan..." Thessa narrowed her eyes as she held his gaze. There was something strong and profound in the way she was looking at him that Zevan was compelled to go silent and wait for her to speak.

"You are already in no less danger and if you do not intend to do what I suggest, I will not force you to. But do think about what I said and what other options you have to handle this matter." With that Thessa left him and sat on a rock beside the lake before she started feeding the fish.

"You are right, Thessa. I do not have any other way out. But is it good to leave Meadel in danger?" 

"You can only trust the people to protect others while you are gone. But I doubt it will be of any help."

"With how puissant the enemy is, I doubt my presence or absence will make it any different. If they want to attack Meadel, they can do it even when I am here." Zevan's shoulder dropped and he took a seat beside Thessa on the ground. 

"You are smart." Thessa applauded, sarcasm evident in her tone which Zevan ignored.

Silence engulfed for a few moments and other than the gurgles from the fish as Thessa fed them, there was no other sound in the vicinity.

"Do you think they would have found this place as well since they are keeping an eye on Meadel?" Zevan enquired suddenly and he stared at Thessa with guilt.

"I will not deny the possibility, Zevan and you do not have to look at me with guilt. Since they are watching Meadel, it is not impossible that they have discovered me and my hiding place as well." Thessa did not deny the fact. But she remained unperturbed by it, much to Zevan's astonishment.

"What are you going to do now, Thessa?"

"What do you mean?" Thessa gave him a look, asking him to explain more before returning her attention to the fish.

"Are you going to continue staying here?"

"Probably not." 

"Then?"

"That depends on what you are going to decide."

"I do not understand." Zevan could not comprehend what Thessa was trying to say. Her words bounced over his head before he could grasp the meaning behind them.

"Since the enemy's target is not just Meadel but the entire world of Azuvar, I am in equal danger as well and I will not be spared in any place I hide." Thessa disclosed her thoughts as she stared at the lake in a daze. "It would be better if I prepare for the inevitable battle or find a way to end the enemy as quickly as possible. And what could be a better way than to search for Prince Jarett?"

Zevan nodded in understanding and his heart settled on the matter instantly. He stood up immediately and looked at her seriously.

"Thessa, in that case, would you mind accompanying me in looking for Prince Jarett?" Zevan was filled with courage and optimism. With Thessa, his fears were reduced and he was willing to face the danger if it could help save the world somehow.

"Have you decided?"

Zevan nodded without a pause and Thessa stood up at once.

"Good. We will start in three days..."

"But..."

"And do not forget to keep a watch during the Soul Avenge Spell. You may find something that will aid us in the future."

"Thessa..."

"You may leave now." Thessa dismissed him mercilessly. "I will meet you here after three days. I have some work to finish before we leave."

Zevan did not even have an opportunity to speak to her when he was pushed out of the place forcibly. By the time he realized what had happened, he was out of Thessa's space and the lake had been covered by the thick jungle once again.

0