2. Prediction of death
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zevan's eyes widened in horror as he stared at the two corpses. Even though he was some distance away, he could still see the blood oozing from various parts. It was a gruesome sight and he broke out into a cold sweat immediately.

Master Elion's situation was no less different than his disciple's. He too was spooked to see the dead people. Mortified, he ran towards the two dead people only to halt suddenly when he saw the familiar faces. 

The two warriors now lay before him as they stared at him with their lifeless eyes. From afar, the two dead men seemed brutally tortured. But it was even more horrible from near. They were not just tortured, their bodies were mutilated and Elion felt his heart drop to see the various wounds on their bodies.

"Master," Zevan gasped in fright. He had never seen anything so heinous and his hands quivered. 

By then, the other people nearby too had arrived and they too were aghast to see the two dead men. 

Master Elion looked at the two men, his eyes shrouding in grief. He recognized them, he had trained them to become who they were or had been. But now, they were…. He knelt beside them and checked their pulse. But as he had expected, they had stopped breathing for quite some time and their bodies were slowly turning cold.

"Inform His Majesty and His Highness." He ordered softly and someone in the crowd rushed to inform the two men right away.

Nobody moved from their spots as they mourned the death of two warriors. It was not until the King and the Prince appeared one of the other, did they break out of their trance and knelt before them.

"Long live, His Majesty. Long live, His Highness." They greeted, which the father and the son ignored.

"Greetings, Your Majesty, Your Highness." Master Elion too greeted them.

"How did this happen, Elion?" The King spoke, his tone laced with sadness and worry. 

Elion stayed silent as he remained in his spot beside the two dead men.

"What are we going to do now, Elion?" The King continued, his expression downcast in agony.

Elion was overcome with grief and he had a hard time standing up. His eyes immediately searched for Zevan. However, to his shock, the young man was nowhere in sight. Furrowing his brows thoughtfully, he moved away from the crowd discreetly.

'Zevan,' He called for him in his mind. But there was no response from his disciple. 'Zevan, are you there?' Again, no response. "Zevan, you are scaring me. Please respond to me." He was perturbed and he moved further away from the crowd while looking for his disciple at the same time.

'Master Elion, are you there? Master Elion?'

The panicked voice was all too familiar and Elion almost collapsed when he heard it. His soul which had almost escaped his body returned to him after hearing Zevan's voice.

'Zevan?' He was relieved and in disbelief. 'Where did you go? You frightened me to death. What happened, child?'

'Master Elion, I have something important to inform you.'

'Zevan, where are you?'

'I am near the observation tower, Master.'

'Wait for me. I will be there in a moment.' Elion did as he said and the next instant, he was standing in front of Zevan.

"What happened, Zevan? Why are you here?"

"Master Elion.." Zevan's face was morphed with worry as he looked at his master with an absent-minded look. "This is bad."

"What?" Elion was confused by his words. He could not grasp what Zevan was saying and he looked at him questioningly.

"Master Elion, this is just the beginning," Zevan spoke with great difficulty. Although he was a powerful person, at that moment, he had no power in him to reveal the secret only he knew. It pained him to even think about what he knew let alone disclose it to his master.

"Zevan, you are scaring me now. What happened, child?"

"Master Elion, I...I...I want to tell you that there are a lot more people dead. A lot more of our men have been murdered." Zevan's shirt was drenched with sweat as he revealed the truth.

"What?" Master Elion's mind went blank immediately.

Elion did not even have time to digest the information Zevan had just given him when shouts and screams erupted from the crowd behind him. His heart skipped a beat and he looked at his disciple who looked equally petrified as him.

Picking up their pace, the two men made their way back with Zevan praying desperately for his words to be wrong. He did not wish to see any more of his mates dead. Alas, fate had something else in mind.

Just as he had said, the number of corpses had increased from two to twenty-seven and every one of them had been mangled beyond belief. It was a gruesome sight and some of the ladies in the group averted their eyes immediately, unable to bear it.

Previously, not many people had seen the two men plummeting to the ground out of nowhere. However, now, everyone in the crowd had seen the twenty-five men's bodies appearing before them suddenly.

Even the King of Meadel, Harald who had faced a lot of startling situations was flummoxed to see his brave men now lying dead before him. It was a bolt from the blue for him. Not knowing what to do, he looked at Elion whose expression mirrored his.

Elion was devastated to see the corpses of the young warriors. They were some of the finest men he ever knew. But now, they were lying lifeless. Two bodies had increased to twenty-seven and no one knew who was responsible for their deaths. The attack had been unexpected and sudden. 

A thought suddenly appeared in Elion's mind and his head snapped towards Zevan who stood frozen in his spot while his eyes were fixed on him.

'How did you find out about this, Zevan?' Elion questioned him immediately in his mind. He was depressed, livid and curious at the same time. But he suppressed his emotions as he waited for his disciple to speak.

'Master, I had a vision, my first vision to be honest.' Zevan revealed without wasting any time, appalling his Master with his revelation. 'I saw the warriors' dead bodies.' 

'Is that what happened in the training room?' Elion felt an explosion going off in his mind when Zevan nodded in affirmation.

'Zevan….' Elion was stupefied and he did not know what to say for a long time. His disciple had long surpassed him in sorcery or anyone else he could think of. But to think that Zevan continued to unveil more powers, Elion felt a chill run down his spine. 

'How much more powerful is Zevan going to become?' He wondered as he stared at his potential disciple.

Elion sighed softly and closed his eyes. 'What else did you see, child? Did you see who killed our men?'

'Master, I could not see much other than what I said. I do not know who was responsible for their deaths. However, I feel something terrible is going to fall on Meadel.' Zevan was worried.

'Why do you say so, child?' Being one of the protectors of the kingdom, it was his duty to ensure the kingdom's safety. Now that danger was lurking in the shadows, he had to increase the security measures while making sure to keep the warriors safe as well from the hidden enemy. He became alert as soon as Zevan informed him of the invisible threat.

'Master,' Zevan hesitated but did not hide the truth. 'I see dark clouds looming over Meadel and they are dripping with blood.'

0