A Dream of Battling Monsters (1/21/2024)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was a man among others of a specialized task force confronting a large humanoid being around 20 feet or 6 meters tall. I say confronting, but our usual methods of confrontation were rendered useless for a powerful hominoid of this nature. The giant wasn't just physically adept, it had a grasp of powers the team, nor myself could fully comprehend.

The team was degraded to hiding behind a ring of brush, weaving around the brittle bushes to avoid capture from the hostile giant resembling a man. The bushes were surrounding a baseball field-like area that the team had led the hostile entity to, flat with a sandy surface. Unfortunately, I wasn't swift enough- or maybe I was just the one among the group that caught the giant's interest.

 I was "yoinked" from behind the covering of bush, with a single hand even. I soon realized that some struggle would be a waste of energy; the large, clawed fingers gripped tightly around and into my waist.

The being started to question me on various topics, most of which I couldn't answer. My teammates may even need to be the ones to finish me off if I did end up blabbing anyways. Over the course of nary a minute, my limited responses proved not to satisfy my captor.

I was, instead of yoinked, yeeted into the air at about the same elevation an airplane would fly at.

Somewhat dazed with ringing ears, staring at the expanse of land below, I instinctively positioned my body to be nearly flat, creating as much resistance to falling in the air as possible. Able to use my training on aerodynamics and skydiving to effectively angle my descent towards a lake, I twisted my wrists, allowing my body to turn, and tilted myself down towards the lake as well. It was surrounded by an arid environment, but it would have to do.

As I rapidly approached the lake, I realized too late that I would not be landing in the water.

A dull thud, just barely 6ft off from the water, rang through my body with some crunching.

I had a row of hearts suddenly vanish. The few that remained slowly began to degrad too, as I feablly draged my prone body to the water.

Once in the water, I could recover. I laid there for some time before realizing the creature that had thrown me had either already "dealt with" the rest of my squad or had simply prioritized pursuing me for some unknown reason.

I had also chosen this lake in particular to land in, or attempt to land in anyways, for a reason. The mystic cave, with glowing, ambient crystals of various colors imbedded in the rock was not too far off. If I could make it there, I could reset my existence, start over as a new student or trainer.

I began to limp my way towards the cave where fairies were rumored to reside, acutely aware of the ever louder sound of sprinting in the distance. 

Once inside the cave lit by a rainbow of colors from all directions, I visualized a new start.

...

I was a girl, who had just been given a Jigglypuff as a starter Pokemon. This Jigglypuff wore a straw hat with a blue ribbon and didn't seem to dislike me, which was good.

Able to jump 6 times in the air, I watched as my new starter bounced and floated her way first to a platform to rest on, and then all the way to our new dorm.

Once inside the room, and when I was researching current events loosely related to my mission in the previous incarnation, a "den mother," who functioned as essentially an RA, a resident advisor, let herself into my room and sat on my bed, explaining the rules of the dormitory to me.

0