A Dream of a Sad Zoology Lab and a Dystopian Kaiju World (2/2/2024)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was an earlier on dream of a Zoology lab room being absolutely destroyed by not even "hooligan zoologists," but "delinquents who couldn't respect dead animals enough to be considered zoologists." The old, sad professor was at a loss with how five of the roughly seven students in his class had desecrated the lives of beings taken for the purpose of studying how and what features they use to exist.

A tortoise shell shattered, as did one of the last remaining good desks. Papers and other supplies fell to the floor. A couple of the boys started to fling the formaldehyde preserved corpses of marine invertebrates at each other. Feeling sad and guilty myself, I started to attempt to clean and salvage what I could in the chaos, as did the one other student not taken by the maddened craze of the others. She and I somehow led to a few others to stop participating in their class-failing flailing and help with the cleanup. The professor was still sitting in the chair behind his desk, long resigned to the continuation of the disaster. He wasn't quite sitting in a Shinji pose- his head was resting on the desk, his hands tearing into each other with the force of their grip; regardless, the pose had the same effect.

...

Miles Morales and a civilization dispersed and preyed upon by Kaiju-

Miles was in a high school. He had a decent reputation among his peers, a less favorable one among his teachers. At one point, he escaped school either during or unrelated to an immediate Kaiju attack. A dark, shiny orb was disguised to resemble a soccer ball. It happened to be the front half of a questionably functioning hover-device. Using a hover-machine that only worked if the two spherical halves stayed in close proximity to each other, Miles took to the air.

Escaping his "educational" prison, and clutching the soccer ball knowing his life depended on it, Miles flew over the expanse of hilly plains. A myriad of diverse, cute, and mostly fluffy Kaiju filled the landscape. Some of the more worrying Kaiju to encounter while flying resembled a mix of gremlins, furbies, or Pu from YuYu Hakusho. Ironically, his destination, the next closest human settlement, was placed on the side of a sharp mountain. It's ironic because mountains that aren't flat enough to be used for housing or farmland are some of the only areas left for habitat specialists to live on. Careful to avoid any avian or otherwise airborne Kaiju on his flight, Miles steadily approached his destination. 

Upon arriving at the mountainside structure that resembled something akin to a medieval church or castle, Miles was greeted by an old man clad in a hooded tunic. Miles couldn't tell if the man looked more like a priest or feudal peasant, but the man began referring to Miles as "the prophesized hero." Colored light brightened significantly from the stain glass windows overhead at the moment of the announcement.

It ended with Miles at some point turning into Link, again from Tears of the Kingdom. He traveled through the air in bursts of movement, riding some sort of device that allowed him to evade the molten spheres of earth, launched in rows of five or more, gracefully arching through the air before causing mass destruction. The projectiles that would easily crush the entirety of Link and his vehicle with their size; however, Link was able to continue evading with ease, despite aim constantly being adjusted directly to him, as he advanced to the source of the projectiles. 

The source of the lightly glowing magma spheres, and the surface he ascended to, was a ping-pong table larger than most mountains, at least relative to Link. Getting to work, Link began sealing up all of the smaller pores in the tubes that had previously been allowing lava to gush out and form magma boulders.

0