A Wild Nutjob Appears
506 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Fury didn't need to ask Phil if he had started his pursuit to find the source of that signal so he just skipped to the next question "How did we miss a source this large? I thought the biggest one of them would have been the tesseract but now that we think a source stronger than that has been detected, the council might become more pushy regarding those weapons."

"Yes, a weapon powered by the Terraract will already be powerful enough to kill superhumans like the ones we have faced in the past." Phil nodded. He was talking about Thor who the Shield had faced last year. Thankfully Thor wasn't an enemy or else Shield didn't have any way to counter him.

Fury thought for a few seconds and said "Phil keep the matter about this signal hidden from the council. I don't want them to know about it."

"Sir, it would be difficult to keep things away from the council at a time when they are already this restless. Many are opposed to the Project that you suggested last year." Phil said.

"I believe in the Avengers initiative more than the weapons the council believes in. Weapons are just a tool and can be turned against us if not properly handled on the other hand the Avengers initiative will only look after the interest of the earth and not even the council can control them like puppets." Fury said.

Phil understood the gravity of the situation and left the room. Fury sat for a few more seconds as he stared at Steve Roger's file. He picked it up, looked at it, and murmured,

"I believe a team lead by you is the only way to ensure the safety of our planet Cap."

Fury then opened one of his table drawers which contained plenty of flip phones looking exactly identical. He flipped open one of them and dialed a number.

The phone rang for a few seconds and was then picked up.

"Hello" A melodious voice was heard on the other side.

"Romanoff meet me at the park at 3" Fury said and disconnected the call. Fury snapped the phone in half and threw it in the trash can beside the table.

___________________________________

Next Day Morning

Parker Residence

Jared's POV

I stayed up late last night trying to practice and right now I can make basic shapes with water. Although I can't maintain it for more than a few minutes and the shape isn't too detailed, I think this is pretty good progress for one day.

It's morning now and I am waiting at the dinner table for my breakfast which Aunt May is preparing. I did give a look at my own studies and turns out I am not particularly a nerd like Peter, my scores are above average.

Aunt May turned around from the kitchen counter with two plates of scrambled eggs and toast on it. As she placed them on the table she looked towards Peter's room and shouted "What's taking you so long Peter?"

Within seconds Peter came out of his room with a confused expression on his face and asked "Did I forget to bring my bag from school yesterday?"

"Pfft...Peter, how could anyone forget their entire bag?" Aunt May asked with an amused expression on his face.

I just facepalmed myself and said "You kept it in my room yesterday and forgot. It's near the bed."

Peter widened his eyes as he came to this realization and quickly rushed into my room to get his bag.

After 20 minutes me and Peter got into a car with Aunt May who would drop us to school on her way to her office. A few things I learned about my personal life was that my Parent's insurance money was more than enough for the three of us to live a good life but Aunt May still wanted to keep doing her job and didn't want to give up her career entirely. She worked at a marketing agency and would be back home by the afternoon since most of her work can be done at home as well. This gave her enough time to take care of her nephews.

After driving for a few minutes, we reached our school 'Midtown Science High School'.

"Do you want me to drop the two of you in the school myself? As your aunt, I would love to do that and even meet your teachers on the way." Aunt May said in a teasing expression trying to embarrass her nephews but something like this wouldn't work on me so I just popped the door open and exited the car. Peter also did the same thing as he saw me get out.

"Good Bye Aunt May." I said as I closed the door. She smiled and left for her job as well. I looked at Peter and he seemed a little lost in thought as he stood at the side of the road.

"What's the matter, Peter? You seem distracted. You wanted to say something yesterday. What is it?" I asked multiple questions pulling him out of his thoughts.

3rd Person POV

As Peter who was lost in thought came back to his senses he looked up at his elder brother and said "Uh... it's nothing...I was j-just thinking about some study work that the teacher gave us and that's what I was going to ask you about."

As he said that Peter thought that it would be the end of this matter, Jared narrowed his eyes and said in a serious tone "Walk with me Peter" and started walking toward the school.

Peter who had never seen his brother behave like this before was caught off guard but he still walked beside him quietly.

"There could be only two reasons for you to be in a state like this and they are either. You are getting bullied by either a teacher or a student at school or there is a girl you like who you can't approach because of your shy nature. So which one is it?" Jared asked.

Peter looked at his brother with a surprised expression for a few seconds and immediately looked down. 'It's been years since I have shared anything with elder brother and I didn't think he would guess my problem much less even care about them. But seeing him now it feels like everything I thought about him in the past few years wasn't completely true.'

Peter looked back at his elder brother and stopped walking. Jared also stopped walking and faced Peter.

"All three of your assumptions are right. There is a new girl in our class Elizabeth Allen...they call her Liz...so I like this girl but I can't find a way to even talk to her. And not while that Flash trying to get in my face every time." Peter said while making an ugly expression as he talked about Flash.

"So this flash kid is bullying you?" Jared asked to which Peter shook his head and said "No...not bullying per se but he runs his mouth a lot. We both tease each other every chance we get. I am not getting bullied by him but by Professor Morris. At first, it started with him just asking me difficult questions in the classroom but after I started answering them as well...he gave me a C grade in my last paper. And when I went to ask him why he did it, he said that because I was a son of a smug bastard. He said that our father was the reason his personal and professional life was ruined and he would make sure that he would take revenge for that by doing the same to us. Did he say anything to you?" Peter asked.

'Professor Morris? Who the fuck is this nutjob and what does he have to do with our father? This might create problems for me if I let it be for long. I will need to know more about this. I don't remember any professor by that name teaching me.' Jared thought.

"No...I don't have any subjects with such a professor. For now, just ignore him and do what you are doing. If he grades your annual paper like that then we will complain to the school board. I don't think there is any need to take an idiot like that seriously. And about Elizabeth, for now, you need to stand out from the class. Do anything you can as long as it isn't embarrassing or warranting suspension." Jared advised.

'I only had to be the best and then play hard to get in my previous life and my bed was always warm. I hope the same advice works for him but I doubt this nerd is going to be able to follow my advice well.' Jared thought.

Peter also nodded to his brother's advice and left to go to his class. He seemed way happier and more relaxed since yesterday.

'Jared was right...I was overthinking things about Professor Morris. His subject isn't that important either. I should ask Ned what I need to do to stand out from others.' Peter thought as he walked to his classroom.

______________________________________________

For Extra Chapters subscribe to my Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

20