Maya The Hurricane
475 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra Chapters available on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

____________________________________________________________

Jared's POV

After scolding me and Derek a little more, Coach William instructed Derek to do some extra warmup while me and Ryan went and sat at the stands. Only a few of the seats were taken as it was just a practice day. The entire first row was filled with beautiful girls wearing white and red cheerleading costumes.

I know understood why Ryan and Derek both were here. These girls were truly a sight worth the trouble. As we were walking toward the 3rd to settle down, a few girls looked at us and giggled. Although I was a bit embarrassed because I got scolded in front of them, Ryan was shameless enough to wave his hand. Of all the girls, a blonde girl caught my eye. She was definitely a senior and when she looked at me, she didn't giggle and just smiled which made me smile automatically.

I guess Jared had a crush on this one that the body reacted on its own. Before any more reaction came out of this body, I decided to settle down at the 3rd row stands.

"So Jared, have you thought about it?" Ryan asked.

"Thought about what?" I asked but before I could receive a reply from Ryan, I heard a loud shout from the basketball court.

"It's a foul" Derek and a few of his teammates shouted as another one of his teammates was holding his eye while bent down.

Phwwwwwhht

The coach whistled stopping the game. A blonde-haired white guy a little taller than me walked ahead toward Derek and his team and said "Coach my finger just touched his eyes while I was trying to stop him. It was just a mistake...calling it a foul is blowing it out of proportion."

Derek and his teammates looked quite angry at the guy's statements. "It was clearly intentional coach. Lucas always plays dirty when someone outplays him."

"Yeah...that's right"

"He knows he can't beat Derek that's why he does it. He and his team of....." Comments from Derek's teammates were thrown at the white guy named Lucas and his team.

"Team of what huh?...." Lucas asked in a slightly hostile tone as he took two swift steps forward. Derek wasn't going to be outdone by his rival so he also moved forward but they could never meet because the coach stood in front of them like a mountain.

"Someone take this kid to the infirmary. Lucas you better wish that this is just a mistake or else the call will come from the Principal, not me." Coach William warned.

Lucas looked a little worried as he heard that. He looked at the guy who he had just injured and saw there was no bleeding and the guy was starting to see a little, Lucas sighed in relief and went back to his team.

As I was watching all this, I heard a voice behind me "Idiots overflowing with testosterone." And before I could even look to my right, a bag was slammed on the side of my head.

"What the hell?" I said as I held the bag and saw a redhead look at me with eyes filled with fire.

"I wished you would had a fever today Jared...it would have been the perfect Karma." The redhead said.

"Maya...why don't you cool it down a notch...take it easy with Jared." Ryan requested to which the Redhead Maya just sat beside me in a angry way and said "Why did you go to the beach yesterday?"

Coming out of a stupor I loosened my grip over her backpack and said "I was already feeling well and wanted to loosen up a bit. I told you yesterday as well...you are just overreacting."

Maya's eyes widened as she felt offended by my words and she said "I am overreacting? Really? You suddenly had a fever and your entire body literally went pale as if you were about to die. Me, Derek, and Ryan had to change the sheets just 20 minutes after we put you in your bed. And unfortunately, Aunt May and your brother both weren't home. We thought we might have to send you to the hospital. After making us worry so much, you have the nerve to tell me that I am overreacting?"

I didn't know before my soul transferred into Jared Parker's body, he was in such a bad condition. The girl is right to be a little furious.

"I am really sorry Maya. I didn't want you to worry but I needed the air yesterday." I said as I gave an innocent smile. Seeing that calmed down the red hurricane a little.

She then looked at Ryan and asked "Is the project ready? I am done on my end." To which Ryan gave her a thumbs up. She then pulled out a water bottle from her bag and handed it to me. "Stay hydrated...idiot."

As we were watching the rest of the practice, I noticed that the blonde cheerleader would look back at me once in a while and I also felt daggers aimed at me from the side.

As the cheerleaders were practicing a few of their steps, me and Ryan got distracted and now no one was watching the game. Even a few of the basketball players were sneaking a peek at the girls.

"Are you two going to keep staring at them for the next hour and half?" Maya asked as she pulled out a book from her bag.

Ryan smirked as he looked at her and said "A few of those girls, do come to the skateboard park where I shoot my videos. I owe them to appreciate their skill as well." Oh, Ryan you sly son of a bitch.

I knew the next victim of this question was going to be me so I decided to take the initiative and change the subject.

"Maya...there is something I wanted to ask about. You are on friendly terms with most of the school teachers right?" I asked to which she nodded while thinking and said "Yes I am...why? What have you done this time?"

"I didn't do anything...I just wanted to ask about a specific teacher that has been going tough on my brother." I said a little taken aback by her sudden accusation.

"What about Peter? He is the most well-behaved kid I know and he is smart as well. I heard he is going to audition for the quiz team as well. Who has he gotten in trouble with?" Maya asked with genuine worry.

"Professor Morris. He talked as if our father ruined his professional and personal life...blah blah." I said.

"That is a serious accusation, Jared. I will ask around as to what kind of a guy he is. But I am surprised." Maya said with a smile and an excited face.

I was confused by that face so I asked "Surprised about what?"

"This might be the first time you have shown genuine worry about your little brother. It's about time you act as the elder one. Although I can't see his personal records, I can ask around." Maya said.

I guess the Jared before me really was all about himself and hardly gave any time to his younger brother.

I turned my attention back to the cheerleaders and this time the blonde didn't just look at me but also waved her hand to which I waved back. Ryan poked me with his elbow as he saw this and whispered.

"Dude you are treading on dangerous grounds. Derek has the biggest rivalry with Lucas and here you are flirting with his twin sister Lucia. Nothing good is going to come by messing with the Rossi Twins."

That's when I understood why I felt that the angel-like girl and Derek's rival looked so Alike. There were twins...Lucas and Lucia Rossi. A year senior to us.

After fooling around for an hour or so, we all decided to go to our respective classes. Since the 4 of us, Maya, Ryan, and Derek had the same class, I didn't have to search for any classes. The studies were the simple boring stuff but while passing by the hall, I saw a vacant class that had a TV in front of it. I asked Ryan what it was about and he said "This class is for those who get detention. Luckily none of us had to come here even once. They say the teacher plays a tape of Captain America to remind us to be responsible. Playing a tape of someone who most consider a myth, what good is it going to do?"

As I heard that, I remembered that Captain America is still freezing and they hadn't found him yet. As I was contemplating whether I should do anything to cut short his peaceful time in the ice, someone ran into me from a nearby class.

"I am sorry" a soft but confident voice rang in my ears.

___________________________________________________

Extra Chapters on Patreon

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

20