My First Hour at School
409 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra Chapters available on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

____________________________________________________________

As I stared at Peter who was walking toward his classroom, I tried to remember which class was mine. But the very next second, my problem was solved because I heard someone yell out my name from the back.

"JAREDDDD"

As I looked back I saw an African-American teen almost the same age as me walk toward me waving his hand. Just by looking at him, I could tell that he was a basketball player. He was obviously taller than me and wore a sleeveless jersey with the school name and the number 23 imprinted on it.

At first, I thought that this guy was Ryan but then as he came closer to me, he passed me the ball which I instinctively caught as he said "Yo, where's Ryan at ?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I said "I don't know...I'll try calling him." As I pulled out my phone from my jeans pocket. While I was navigating to the last calls to find his number, I heard Jared say "No need to call...there he is. The entire family together as always."

I looked up and saw a van stop in front of me. Just as the door opened, two small kids a boy and a girl quickly scurried out laughing while two adults in the front seat shouted "Stop saying that word...or else you will be grounded." The kids didn't even listen and just continued to go inside the school.

After that a teen the same age as me got out of the van as well. He was wearing an olive green t-shirt, a light blue torn jeans, and had a skateboard in his hand. His brown hair were a match to the man sitting in the driving seat. Memories started appearing about him and that his name was Derek.

"Hey Jared, Derek, it's good to see the two of you." The man said with a smile and the woman sitting beside her waved her hand toward me trying to get my attention and said "Jared Jared...I hope you didn't forget that it's the twins' birthday party tonight and May is going to help me with the cake. She said she has a special recipe and she will send you the list of ingredients. Make sure you guys go Target and get everything before coming home."

Before even waiting for me to reply she looked at Derek and said "And you...you better keep that basketball somewhere else before you enter my home young man. The last thing I need is all the decorations being destroyed by the ball like last year."

"You got it, Mrs Smith. I had to clean the mess last year. I wouldn't have brought the ball this year even if you told me to." Derek chuckled.

"Babe...why don't we get the ingredients...we are going to the mall anyways?" The man in the front seat asked in a hesitant manner to which the woman just replied "You mess up the normal groceries honey and you expect me to trust you with something so important? I am sure Maya will be with these kids so I can be carefree that they will manage everything. You just focus on coming home from work before time."

"I am a detective babe... it's not like the criminals are going to stop for my children's birthday." Mr Smith chuckled which made Mrs Smith give him the side eye.

"Mom, Dad if you guys are done embarrassing me then can I go now?" Ryan asked as he wedged his skateboard between his bag and his back.

"Look how sleepy he is...that's why I tell him to not play those video games late night." Mrs Smith said looking at Ryan who was now yawning.

"Bye, everyone or else we might spend the entire day here." Mr Smith said as Ryan closed the van door. As the van left, Derek looked at Ryan and asked "What's the matter bro? I thought you weren't going to play last night."

Ryan shook his head and said "I didn't play for a single minute last night. I was busy making the project report which I know you all must have forgotten."

"Oh yes...the project report that we have to submit tomorrow...Dammit..how did I even forget?" Derek asked as he looked at me.

"Don't look at me dude I am the same as you..." I replied.

"Derek you and Jared don't remember stuff like this since we were in kindergarten...and that isn't going to change now. It had even slipped my mind but luckily Maya remembered and she sent me loads of data so that I could create a presentation and a report." Ryan said and then looked at me and said "She is pissed at you, bro."

"Let's go in now...My time for basketball practice. You guys also don't have any lectures for the first two hours go lets go the basketball court." Derek suggested. I looked at Ryan and asked "Do we have anything else to do?"

"Nope...and even if we did, today is also the cheerleading practice at the basketball court which none of us can miss." Ryan said as all the fatigue and sleep from his face vanished instantly.

"Oh yeah...best thing about basketball...or else when am I going to have senior girls dance and twerk for me." Derek said to which I also couldn't hold my laugh and threw the ball back at him.

'I guess no matter what the world is... somethings never change. And to be a little honest, even I was a little excited.'

As we made our way toward the basketball court, we stopped by our locker room and took the books for today's lectures. On the way, I met many boys and girls roughly the same age as mine, and turns out we are pretty popular, especially among the girls from junior classes.

"Why are we this popular in school?" I asked to which Derek put his hands on my shoulder and said "Isn't it obvious...we are the perfect example of beauty and brains...Ryan the topper of the class along with his sick skateboard tricks that he uploads online, me with my basketball talent, and as for you...you are the bad boy of our class which every girl digs."

"Me? A bad boy? Heh...come on I have many things to do rather than be an attention seeker." I said. I didn't find anything in Jared's memories or his room that would suggest that he is a problem student.

"You never needed to seek attention...you always got it on your own by just being present. I don't know why you are asking me things that would only end up flattering you but we gotta go the basketball court now...the coach will chew me alive if I am late."

After walking for a few minutes we entered the basketball court. I was actually surprised by the sheer size of it the court and the audience seats. Just like the ones in NBA...I guess the school has a lot of focus on basketball rather than football or lacrosse.

"DEREK WILLIAM JONES...how do you manage to leave the house before me son and still end up being late on court?" A man with a blue and black polo shirt and a track pants asked. He had a whistle around his neck.

"I had to meet up with my friends dad." Derek said and looking at his father's eyes he said quickly "I mean I had to meet with friends coach...it was about an important project that we need to submit." Derek quickly answered. Derek's father raised his eyebrows as he heard this and looked at Me and Ryan who immediately nodded. When a 6 foot 5 scary-looking dude asks you anything you just nod.

The coach looked back at Derek and asked "I believe you...but tell me Derek what's the name of the project that you guys were working on?"

Derek just looked up with a blank face and then at us. His father also looked at us daring us to prompt him with the name. I couldn't save Derek even if I wanted to because I didn't know the name as well and just when I thought it was over the coach asked "Jared, kid can you tell me the name ?" and without even waiting for me to answer he said "As always Ryan and Maya must have made it and you guys are getting grades for free without any skill...If it was up to me I would have given an F to the two of you."

"Come on coach even having good friends requires talent and skill.." Derek said in a smart way but a stare from his dad was enough to make him quiet and for the other players to share a laugh.

'I didn't think I would go through this much drama just within the hour I set my foot into the school. I had gotten the gist of the people around me and the kind of person the real Jared was. The only one I hadn't met was Maya...and by the reputation others had built about her, I could tell that she is no less than a Hurricane.'

__________________________________________________________

Extra Chapters on Patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/lazarus898

18