Chapter 15 Beyond Mortal
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  FA Chapter 15 Beyond Mortal

Bosingwa felt his heart torn in two. One of the parts was fearful of the outcome, while the other part was exhilarated about the current exchange.

He sighed inwardly at the fact that even his kick hadn't managed to injure the guy. He was more experienced, coupled with the fact that he had probably rearranged some of the cells in his body to better deal with blows.

This was a battle Bosingwa couldn't win through conventional means. Something had to change.

He chased after the guy, preparing to dish out even more attacks, when the man started retaliating in earnest, his blows alone taking a toll upon his body. Blocking each one was leaving his hands and forearms numb, not to mention his legs. Those that slipped past his defenses brought about a world of pain.

He parried a grab to the side with his right arm even as he aimed a knee towards the man's lower regions, only for the man to evade and attack towards the side.

Bosingwa spun around in place, while one of his legs was straightened horizontally, poised to strike at the man only for the attack to be blocked, with him feeling the sponge like texture of the man's skin absorbing the blow. 

Before he could withdraw his foot, it was grabbed and with a heave, the man hurled him towards a far wall, where the battle was raging.

His feet sunk into the wall due to the force of the throw, but the man's impeccable calculations and timing had put him into the path of a blow from another of his group.

On his left side, within his peripheral vision, he caught sight of Ice, particularly her snow white hair, who appeared to have been lunging towards the woman on his right, one whose right hand had its fingers joined together in the form of a spear tip, with elongated nails that gleamed in the soft light.

From those nails, he felt a very significant threat to his life!

[Arch your back!]

His neural link directly deposited that message into his mind. There was no hesitation at all as he followed the instructions, causing the impromptu spear tip to pass just above his chest with the woman's eyes flickering probably considering whether to attack him.

The sound of wind entered his ears, bringing about an intense pressure within his chest. The man who had hurled him was on his way, his feet on a collision course for his chest.

Both Ice and the woman sprang back, leaving Bosingwa to welcome the man's blow. Blocking those feet was out of the question as they had the force of missiles. His fragile body wouldn't survive!

He pressed his palms behind his body, applied force, hurling himself diagonally upwards in relation to the man's attack, thereby evading the lethal move.

Though, before he could allow himself to rest on his laurels, a massive sense of danger caused the hairs at the back of his nape to stand up. He had just been deemed a target, probably by one of the liquid stages!

His heart sped up in its symphony of beats, causing his own blood to speed up in circulation. This was a very bad position to be in as a target!

As he was thinking of ways to get out of the predicament, something slammed into his chest with such force that a depression appeared within and blood spurted out of his mouth, while his body was hurled away with such force and momentum, it crashed and sank in another wall of the training room, like a body to a sand. 

For a micro second or something, Bosingwa had passed out only for the pain within his body to awaken him. Thankfully his heart hadn't exploded because of the attack, but it was on the verge of failure. 

He hurriedly pushed himself out of the depression, falling upon his knees and heaving. His lungs hadn't gotten away scotfree. 

Urging his spiritual energy, he started fixing some of the damage, while making sure to keep abreast of the surroundings. One of the assailants might take the chance to score an easy kill at this point.

His eyes couldn't follow the liquid stage combatants, but wherever they passed, cracks were being left within the walls, floor and ceiling of the training room, with their mending speed failing to catch up to the destruction they were causing. The silver lining was the fact that they never lingered in one place too long, or else the building might have been destroyed. 

If Luna's claims of the Borasaek Groups' training room having the capability of enduring even liquid stage battles had been true, then the resources that had been invested within its construction had to be state of the art.

[Its too bad that we are short on time due to the urgency of the situation as I would have loved to explain to you how truly prodigious I am. Anyway, gaseous state can match the liquid state if used correctly. Those of you my comrades, listen very carefully as I won't repeat myself.]

After just the passage of a second, Larssen's voice appeared within his head through the neural link. The man appeared to have figured out something, or come up with a strategy. Bosingwa had just mended his damaged lungs, a feat that had consumed some reserves of the energy kept within his body.

[...instinctively, mitochondria, the energy reacters within the cells can be activated by the gaseous spiritual energy, making one enter a state akin to the energy burning state of the liquid stage. So, my dear peers, try to break past these limits if you want to win and survive this onslaught.]

-----

Taking on two beings at the same level as her was challenging, even for Bora. That gave the two assailants room to even manage interfering into other battles, like the air palm that one of them had managed to pull off when the other had been occupied with her. It was a good thing that Bosingwa hadn't been close or else he might not have gotten away with just minor injuries.

With a thought, her nails grew to a meter long as she sought to take the head of one of the people only for them to break upon contact with the man's skin, no doubt having copied the genetic sequence of an exoskeleton. That and many other sequencies were the foundation of those at the liquid stage. They allowed a person to surpass the normal, ushering them into the extraordinary.

There was a reason she had taken these people by surprise, managing to take out one of the liquid stages in the beginning...and that had been to thin down the numbers.

She took a hit that cracked her ribs, yet positioned her in a way that allowed her palm to press into the other assailant's face, burying her within the walls of the training room, within just a fraction of a second, a spike constructed entirely out of bone grew from her palm, aiming to skewer the woman's brain, only for her foot to be snagged. She was dragged away from the woman by her companion, with her spike only having managed to crack skull. 

Bora frowned in annoyance even as her body was hurtling towards another wall due to the throw. It would have been great if she had managed to take out the woman.

That way, she might have had some leeway to help Luna, or her cohort. She had already noticed that the gaseous stages were hard to deal with, probably because of those body modifications.

The woman and the man caught up to her within midair. Just as she served as a restraint to them, they too took on the same role, as she could easily slaughter their gas stage fellows if given the window.

The genetic sequence of a turtle and her keratin deposits, helped her block a heavy strike that redirected her direction towards the floor, where upon landing, almost all her lower torso sunk within due to the force of the man's strike. Though, she smirked at the fact that he hadn't been expecting another surprise, causing his arm to become mangled, with blood and bone splattering everywhere.

It was very very hard to kill an alert liquid stage, which led to drawn out battles that focused on energy exhaustion, where the first person to deplete their energy reserves would die.

Pumping even more force within her feet, she activated the gene that had caused the death of the fifth liquid stage. Since her lower torso was obscured, this was a chance to claim another life! They wouldn't notice until very late! That, she was sure of!

Through her peripheral senses, she noticed the rippling of the training room floor, fighting to try and absorb the force she was accumulating. Before the ripples could give her away though, she shot upwards, with such force that the very air itself became akin to water upon her skin. The pressure alone would have simply killed a normal human.

This time, she didn't go for the head, but the whole body, with her skin birthing long sharp spikes all pointing towards the front.

Blood, flesh and bone scattered as the body that had been in the way was obliterated instantly, with no chance of revival. A maddened grin lit up her blood and flesh stained face upon her achievement. She hadn't made the mistake of going after the woman, no! She had aimed for the man. It hadn't been because he had been stronger than the woman, no! It had been because he had been the most dangerous, having shown battle experience surpassing that of the woman.

Now that the most dangerous opponent had been taken care of, Bora got the opportunity to look around at the raging battles. 

And that's when Larssen's interesting hypothesis entered her ears via the neural link. Of course the man couldn't talk that fast, it was just the neural link reading his thoughts.

0