[62] Sabertooth Tiger King!
1.5k 7 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Swish~

A vigorous figure continuously shuttled through the cave. Everywhere they went, all the monsters were killed with a single blow.

There were at least a dozen Sabertooth Tigers around, each of them being level 2 monsters. However, now they were like little cats, all wiped out in the blink of an eye.

"I've become stronger~"

Ais felt her speed and strength, feeling incredibly surprised.

Since reaching level 5, it had been three years, and her growth had become extremely challenging recently.

Even after the last expedition, the accumulated experience only led to a slight increase in all her attributes.

In fact, her most recent improvement was only a small boost in her abilities.

But now, her strength and speed had suddenly increased so much, making her feel unbelievable.

"Do you feel it, Ais~"

"August!"

"This is our secret, you can't tell anyone."

"Mmm."

Ais nodded. Now, August was the closest person to her. In Ais's heart, August held an high position.

"I guessed it right. August, you can help me become stronger."

"This is just the beginning, Ais. You will become stronger and stronger in the future, I promise."

"I believe in you."

A man and a woman, in this incredibly dangerous dungeon, started showing affection.

As for the promise to Ais, August wasn't worried at all. With the gacha system, he could continuously get things that would help Ais become stronger.

Click~

Perhaps unable to tolerate these two showing affection, monsters crawled out.

Ais subconsciously wanted to deal with these monsters, but August stopped her.

August smiled faintly, and a golden gateway slowly opened. In Ais's gaze, a katana slowly extended from it.

Zanpakuto - Wabisuke!

This katana was different from the Elucidator, it was a Zanpakuto, a soul-cutter sword.

The Elucidator wore out during usage, and unfortunately, August had handed it over to Tsubaki for maintenance before and hadn't gotten it back yet.

However, according to August's speculation about Tsubaki, this woman wouldn't be able to switch it back in a short time.

She had offered one billion valis to buy the Elucidator. Now that she had the Elucidator in her hands, she would surely study it thoroughly before returning it to August.

Therefore, August had no choice but to use other weapons.

As for the Murasame, August didn't plan to let too many people know about it because it was too dangerous. August intended to use this sword only when killing someone, it was a weapon for killing without leaving any traces.

Holding Wabisuke, August felt that Wabisuke was much more handy than the Elucidator.

Compared to the Elucidator, which was already a heavy sword, Wabisuke, as a Zanpakuto, was more suitable.

Roar~

At this moment, roars echoed as Sabertooth Tiger monsters came charging towards August.

"Getsuga Tenshou!"

Injecting magical power into the Zanpakuto in his hand, a layer of magical power began to condense and take shape.

With August's swing, a crescent-shaped sword energy erupted.

Splurt~

Like cutting wheat, all the Sabertooth Tigers in its path were instantly slain.

August checked, this was the lowest magical power output of Getsuga Tenshou. It roughly consumed one-fifth of August's magical power, but the damage it caused was still considerable.

Especially with the Tears of the Goddess, August's magical power had increased significantly, and the recovery speed had also increased by 25%.

August's Tears of the Goddess had long been stacked to the full, a total of 750 layers. August speculated that this 750 might be equivalent to 750 magical power attribute ability values.

This increase was quite substantial. It was almost the magical power of a level-one adventurer.

"Is this... the release of sword energy?"

"No, this is injecting magical power into the sword and then making a slash."

"Injecting magical power into weapons?"

"You can try it, Ais. Yours is wind attribute magical power, so it should be easier to make a slash."

"Alright."

Ais nodded and began to try injecting magical power into the Sword of Desperate.

However, progress was not good. Ais could only attach wind to the blade and couldn't condense it into a sword edge, let alone release it externally.

August didn't know what to do about this either. After all, he didn't know everything.

"It's okay, take it step by step."

"Mmm."

Although this attempt failed, Ais was not a fragile person, especially in terms of improving her strength. Her persistence and determination far exceeded countless others.

So, in this dungeon, August continued to hunt monsters, while Ais kept trying.

One monster after another died at August's hands. August's understanding his sword technique became clearer. It was originally a path of slaughter, and to comprehend it, one had to do so in the act of killing.

Now, August's body was emitting a considerable amount of killing intent and evil aura.

After two uses of the Water Candle, both caused special circumstances surpassing the Monster Feast, August decided not to use it again until he was confident.

It was too dangerous. An ant might be able to bite an elephant to death, but having a bit of strength didn't mean August could act recklessly.

Looking at the progress of the mission, it had already reached [541/1000]. Yesterday, it was only over three hundred, and now it was five hundred and forty-one, which was good progress.

Rumble~

Suddenly, at this moment, the ground experienced violent tremors.

"What's going on!"

Soon, cracks appeared on the ground, and finally, an extra-large Sabertooth Tiger, nearly ten times larger than the ordinary ones, emerged.

*ROOOOAR*

The moment it appeared, it let out a deafening roar.

Moreover, its strength definitely surpassed level 2, it was at least a level 3 monster.

"This is the Sabertooth Tiger King. Although it's not the floor boss, it's an extremely rare enhanced species monster."

At this point, Ais also came closer. After all, on the surface, August was only level 2.

"Sabertooth Tiger King? Is it similar to the situation with the Black Goblin?"

"That's right. Sabertooth Tigers are level 2 monsters, and although the Sabertooth Tiger King is still level 2, it matches level 3 in both strength and speed."

"Enhanced species? It seems my luck is pretty good."

"Be careful."

"Don't worry."

From start to finish, Ais never thought of stopping August.

Because she knew that although August was usually very casual, deep down, he was proud, even arrogant.

Even when facing the floor boss Goliath before, even though he was definitely not an opponent, he still chose to fight, even if it meant failure.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters: 
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea

69