[108] Carrot and Stick!
717 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"L-Lili doesn't know what the adventurer is talking about."

Even though her hands and feet were icy, Lili still dared not admit it because acknowledging it meant she was done for. Growing up in the darkness from a young age, she knew how terrifying adventurers could be.

"Big bro, what are you talking about?"

It was Bell on the side who looked at August and Lili with confusion.

Thud!

Another beating landed on Bell's head.

"You unlucky kid, you couldn't find a reliable supporter. This pallum girl obviously has ulterior motives. You dare to use someone like this, are you afraid you won't die?"

"Big bro, Lili she..."

Before she could finish, August hit her head again.

Facing August's clearly angry gaze, Bell shrunk her head, afraid to speak.

Looking at Lili, August's gaze was now fierce. Lili's body was trembling slightly, she knew she was finished.

Adventurers wouldn't bother with evidence. This was the experience she gained from years of enduring countless bullying.

"Pallum girl, your taste is quite good. You picked the biggest idiot in Orario in one go."

"Big bro, I'm not..."

Before she could finish, August gave her a side glance, and the rest of her words were swallowed.

"L-Lili doesn't understand what you're saying."

She refused to admit it to the end, this was her last choice.

"Don't understand?"

August sneered and then lifted her up, shaking her forcefully. Dozens of magic stones fell out of her.

Seeing this, Bell suddenly understood. Lili had been secretly hiding her magic stones.

Looking at Lili, Bell's gaze showed disbelief.

The first time she met Lili, she saw her being bullied by some adventurers. She helped her back then. Why would she steal her magic stones now?

"Pallum girl, can you explain what this is?"

As soon as this was said, Lili's calm expression turned cold.

At the moment, Lili's eyes were filled with fear. She felt like an ant in front of this man.

"Since you've found out, Lili has nothing to say. Dispose of her as you wish."

Lili's gaze became extremely calm at this moment. It wasn't because she had a way out, it was because she had given up.

"Big bro~"

Bell, on the side, couldn't bear it and tugged on August's clothes. Being kind-hearted, she didn't want the weak Lili to suffer any more, even if it meant she would be the one at a disadvantage.

"You, bunny, I'm helping you. Why are you acting like this?"

"Big bro, Lili just had no choice. She's leading a hard life. Anyway, it's just a few magic stones and not much money. There's no need to make a fuss."

"Hey, you're bold. According to you, am I meddling too much?"

"I know big bro is for my good."

Hugging one of August's arms, she stared at Lili with a cute and innocent look, acting spoiled towards August.

This made August roll his eyes. She truly lived up to being a protagonist, really tolerant.

This was originally Bell's matter. Now that she had expressed her stance, August didn't want to pursue it too much, otherwise, it would seem like he liked to meddle in others' affairs.

"Since bunny says so, let it be like this today."

"Hehe, thank you, big bro."

"You need to be more considerate. Let me worry less about you."

August poked Bell's forehead. She immediately revealed a foolish smile.

At the same time, because of the encounter with August, seeing the person she admired, she was in a good mood now.

Meanwhile, after hearing all this, Lili breathed a sigh of relief. She had picked up a life again, and her goodwill towards Bell increased a lot.

"Pallum girl."

"Yes adventurer?"

Lili hurriedly responded. Although August said he wouldn't pursue it, it didn't mean turning the page.

"From now on, you are this bunny's supporter."

"Adventurer, why..."

"Liliruca Arde, right?"

"Why do you..."

Now Lili was shocked. The other party actually knew her name.

"You are Soma Familia member, but you are bullied in the familia because of your weak strength. So, you became an adventurer. But every time you earn, it gets taken away by others. Am I right?"

"You..."

At this moment, Lili felt incredibly terrified, as if she were an ant in front of this man.

"You hate adventurers because of your experiences growing up. You have transformation magic, using it to accumulate some valis. You want to gather enough valis one day to leave Soma familia."

These words instantly made Lili unable to believe it. She felt completely exposed in front of this man.

After the shock, Lili's face became dark.

August exposed her wound to everyone in public, making her angry but helpless.

"What do you want to do, and how did you know all this?"

"I don't need to tell you how I know. From now on, you are Bell's supporter. With you around, this little fool will suffer less."

Bell was dissatisfied with this statement. She wasn't a fool.

"Why did you choose me?"

Lili raised her head, locking eyes with August.

"Because you are very weak, so weak that no matter what you do, you can't escape my control."

A cruel reality, because she was weak, she was destined to be bullied by those stronger than her.

"Fine, I'll help Miss Bell properly."

Lili had no choice but to agree because she had no other options.

"I will solve your familia problem for you. When the time comes, you can directly convert to Hestia familia."

"Huh?"

This time it was Lili's turn to be shocked. The other party would actually help her? Could there be some other motive?

August didn't want to explain anything about this. A carrot and stick, this was the best way.

She had been proposed to by Finn in the original work, being chosen by Finn, the companion chosen by Bell from the beginning. She was definitely not inferior.

As for Soma familia, it wasn't even a problem. The whole familia was a group of alcoholics. Except for the captain being level 2, the others were all level 1. Such a familia wasn't enough for August to deal with single-handedly.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters: 
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea

38