[113] I Might Become Demon King, Not a Hero!
724 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a considerable discussion, August finally got an answer, which was no answer at all.

Regarding the 'world,' Tsubaki couldn't comprehend it at all. As for how to promote the growth and evolution of the world, she had no idea.

This left August disappointed, but he could also understand.

After all, helping a world evolve was an extraordinary and mind-boggling task.

Currently, the only method August had to make the world evolve was to let it devour magic and vitality, thereby enhancing itself. However, this process was exceedingly slow.

Did you not see that among the over ten thousand monsters August killed, almost half were swallowed by the mist?

Despite devouring so many monsters, there was no apparent change in this small world. Changes might have occurred, but August hadn't noticed.

Besides, August had another hypothesis.

To make the world evolve, perhaps making the inner world interior rich could also work.

Because whether it was the initial water seedlings or various crops and fruit trees later on, after being planted, they all grew rapidly.

This world was helping these plants grow. Maybe that was the second path.

However, of course, this was just August's speculation.

Moreover, ordinary plants might not have much significance. August wanted to try transplanting some special plants similar to the water tree to see if it had any effect.

After figuring all this out, August and Ais bid farewell to Tsubaki.

After leaving, they headed straight to the edge area of Orario, a place resembling the suburbs of Orario.

Here, there was an abandoned church that looked utterly dilapidated.

And this was the destination of August's trip, Hestia Familia residence.

Squeak~

Pushing open the somewhat rotten gate and walking in, what followed was the sight of a messy and dilapidated church.

"Bunny, come out!"

August's figure instantly echoed, spreading throughout the surroundings.

Soon, from behind a door in the corner of the church, a white-haired Bell rushed out. Behind her were two people, one being was the pallum girl Lili, and the other was Goddess Hestia with an unconventional figure.

"Big bro, sister-in-law is here too."

Seeing August, Bell was full of joy, but when she saw Ais beside him, her smile froze for a moment.

"Yeah, call that pallum girl too. I'll take you all to deal with some trouble."

As soon as these words were spoken, Lili, who had just come out, instantly stiffened, her gaze towards August becoming incredibly excited.

It was also at this time that Hestia walked over.

Looking at August, Hestia's gaze was extremely serious. After all, her only child admired this man greatly.

As a goddess, even though her divine power was sealed, Hestia could still sense August's extraordinariness. His future was limitless.

This made her feel somewhat helpless, subconsciously glancing at Bell beside her.

Chasing after the figure of this man she admired, her silly child might end up with a broken heart.

"Lord August, Lady Ais."

Lili spoke with utmost respect and, upon noticing Ais's arrival, she was also quite shocked.

However, recalling the recent rumors in Orario, she understood that those whispers were probably not unfounded. Sword Princess had indeed found a partner, and it was the man in front of her.

"August, right?"

"Yes, Goddess Hestia."

Facing Hestia, August showed respect for the deity. Regardless of her current situation, she was still a goddess.

"My Bell is under your care."

"Bunny is my lil bro, so I'll naturally take care of her."

"And this pallum did you choose her for Bell?"

"Yes, Bunny's personality is too naive and sweet. Having a smart person by her side can prevent her from suffering losses and keep an eye on her."

Hestia nodded. She knew her child's disposition very well.

She was naturally naive and sweet, the kind of person who would willingly be sold for money.

Unlike the original story, where Bell was male, in this version, she was female. Therefore, she didn't have the same emotions as in the original story. She only felt affection and indulgence for her child, so she approved of Lili's addition.

"She is Loki's favorite, right? I didn't expect you to take her down."

"Uh, hahaha."

Hestia's words reminded August of the previous incident with Loki, making him feel a bit awkward.

"I don't know why you approached Bell. I investigated it, you and Bell have no connection. However, during your first meeting, you forcibly made her your lil bro, although it sounds strange."

"True."

"What do you want?"

"She has the potential to become a hero, and I'm just here to protect her a bit until she grows up."

"Potential to become a hero?"

"This world is yearning for heroes, isn't it?"

This statement immediately left everyone present stunned.

Lili found it unbelievable that Bell, who looked so foolish, could be valued so highly.

Ais was also shocked that this girl could have the potential to become a hero.

Only Hestia, after hearing August's words, looked slightly puzzled and confused. It wasn't about what August said but why he was so certain.

As for Bell herself, her mind was a bit muddled at the moment.

The person she admired believed that she could become a hero in the future.

This made her very excited because it was a feeling of recognition. At the same time, at this moment, she made a decision not to disappoint him, she would definitely become a hero.

"Do you think Bell will become a hero? What about you? In just over two months, you've grown from a novice to level 3, hailed as the brightest newcomer in Orario. Don't you want to become a hero?"

"I don't want to and can't become a hero."

"Huh?"

"I am a selfish person. It's impossible for me to become the kind of hero who saves everyone. If anything, I'm more likely to become a demon king than a hero."

"The demon king will be hunted down by heroes."

"So, before the hero grows up, I'll just take her down."

Hestia didn't continue the conversation but deeply looked at August.

Her child had already been taken by this man.

In this world, relationships were complex, the most bitter and heart-wrenching variable that couldn't be calculated.

At the same time, for August's 'frankness,' she was extremely surprised. Down in the mortal realm, almost all the children were selfish, but they always liked to wear masks to conceal themselves.

Only August, without any disguise.

---
If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon which already contains 20+ chapters: 
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea

40