Chapter 17
136 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, Barga, Grover!" A stout middle-aged man with a pot belly, wearing silk clothes, stopped the Tiger-Zoan and the Ibex-Zoan before they could rush at Sin and his crew. "No need to be impulsive." 

"What the f***, Gibbon?!" Not pleased with being interrupted, Barga roared at the stout man, "They killed my men and yours too, and you are stopping me from killing them?!" 

"Killing them won't bring our men back." Gibbon lightly said and looked at Sin and then at his crew. "Look at them! All fine commodities!" His eyes were sparkling with greed. "That girl is the most beautiful one I have seen in my entire life. Don't tell me you can't see that." He pointed at Hancock with a lascivious smile. "If she is sold, even if she is no longer a maiden, she would easily fetch us half a Billion Berries. Not to mention that those two are exquisite beauties in their own right as well, and the little girl is a fine piece of meat too." 

Barga scrutinised Hancock and the rest, and his rage visibly subsided as he found the proposition of Gibbon quite attractive. It would indeed be a waste to deprive himself of such a huge amount of money just to exact his revenge. Not to mention the pleasure.

"Gibbon is right, Boss," Grover smirked as his eyes ran over the body of Bonney. 

"What about the boy?" Barga nodded and evilly smiled. 

"A pretty boy like him would fetch a lot of money too, but if he dies in the battle, that's fine," Gibbon replied. "If I am not wrong, his name is Black D. Sin, a Pirate that became notorious after viciously killing a Marine Captain in East Blue. Even if it is not much, we can cash his 50 Million Bounty." 

"Good." He nodded in satisfaction. "But I am having that girl for the rest of the day." His eyes sparkled in unbridled lust as he looked at the figure of Hancock.

"Not if she is a Mai..."

"I don't give a damn if she is a Maiden or not," Barga shouted at him, and Gibbon understandingly nodded. 

"And I will take the Pink one." Grover licked his lips, visibly excited at the idea of tasting the girl.

"Do not harm them too much." Gibbon sighed and relented. 

Unbeknownst to them, their conversation was clearly heard by Sin, Robin, Bonney, and Hancock.  

"Robin..." Sin coldly smiled. "What type of Fruit is Neko Neko no Mi, Model Tiger?" 

"Grapefruit." She smiled and replied. "And we are currently on a Spring Island." 

"And the Yagi Yagi no Mi, Model Ibex?" 

"Dates." She replied. 

"I see..." He took a deep breath, trying his best to control the emotions churning in his heart, but failed and disappeared from his place, leaving a trail of flash behind him. 

*Dummm*

A loud dull sound reverberated in everyone's ears, and the Tiger/Human Hybrid stumbled back, clutching his abdomen, before falling to his knees and resting his forehead on the ground. The pain was blinding, and he could not even breathe in shock.

Surprised by the sudden attack and the fall of their Captain, all the Pirates were deterred, but the Ibex Zoan rushed at Sin, intending to tackle him with his menacing horns. But he failed to return the courtesy Sin had shown to his Captain.

Sin dodged the attack at a speed that left Grover perplexed, and when he turned around, gaining control over his momentum with the help of his hooved feet, he saw Sin disappear in the sky together with Barga. 

"He's a Logia!" Gibbon suddenly remembered the piece of information that had missed his mind, but it was already too late now.

"Oh Kitty, don't be mean. You don't want to fall, do you?" Sin evilly smiled as the Tiger Hybrid tried to break free of his hold. The pain from the earlier blow had subsided by now, but after Barga heard the question and glanced down, barely seeing the ground, his heart froze in fear. 

"No. Please..." His strength started leaving his body, and his eyes quivered in fear. 

"Well, you see, Kitty. I don't appreciate it when people look at my girls the way you did." He said and just as the large man was about to wrap his arms around him to save himself, he sent a high-voltage current coursing through his body.

Barga's scream echoed in the sky, but they were too far up now that it did not reach the people on the ground. A few seconds of torture later, his mind grew numb, and he barely held onto his consciousness. 

"And you had some plans for my dear Hancock." Sin stopped channelling the electricity, and his voice grew cold. "A sin that cannot be forgiven." He said and let loose the man, who started falling back to the ground from thousands of meters of height. 

Barga did not realize that he was on his way to the ground until he was only a thousand meters away. His mind immediately cleared, and he desperately tried to think of a way out, but he was helpless. However, he managed to transform fully into his Tiger Form, hoping that it would be enough for his survival.

The people on the Island could hear the desperate cry of the Tiger that was falling from the sky, and even if the civilians wanted to see Barga dead for how much blood he had shed today on their island, they could not help the fear that crept into their souls as they saw him flailing helplessly in the air.

Gover tried to run in the direction where his Captain was about to land, but a sound kick crashed onto his back, sending him flying in another direction.  

"Watch your back, Mister." Bonney mischievously smiled and returned her eyes to the Tiger that was about to crash into the ground.

*Boom*

A deafening sound hit the ears of the spectators, and a decent-sized crater formed right where Braga crashed. 

Everyone waited with bated breaths to see what had become of him, and when the dust cleared, a broken and mangled Tiger lay there, too weak to even breathe. Its unfocused eyes were looking at the sky in remorse. But the Devil was not done with him yet.

"You survived!" Sin appeared right next to him in a bolt of lightning and happily clapped. "Good! Good! Now let's go for another ride." 

"No..." By the time Barga managed to utter the word, Sin had already brought him back in the midst of the clouds. 

"Come on, It's fun. The first time is always rough, but the second time is always much better." He chuckled happily, coaxing the man who was no longer in his Tiger Form.

"Please..." He begged. 

"Trust me, you will love this." Sin gently smiled at him and then grabbed his hand, spinning him around in the air before hurling him in the direction of the ground at a breakneck speed.

Barga couldn't even scream this time, and he just fearfully closed his eyes, knowing very well that he would never open them again.  

With another deafening boom, which was a lot louder than the last one, Barga crashed right into the crater where he had first landed, making it deeper, and spreading web-like fissures all around it.

"Bullseye!" Sin appeared right next to the now dead Pirate Captain. "Zoan Fruit does give the User a tough body." He smiled as he found the dead body still in one piece, other than the head that had burst open at the impact. "Now where's that goat." He playfully turned to look around, and every time his eyes landed on someone, their hearts jumped up their throats. "There you are!" He finally found the Ibex that was trying to run away from the place. 

No matter how fast it was, its speed was nothing in front of Sin. 

A powerful kick not only sent it crashing into the sea, but also electrocuted it, and right before Grover sunk into the water, he treated everyone with his pitiful scream. 

"Hachi." Sin called him and the Octopus Fishman immediately jumped into the sea to bring Grover back to the surface. 

The octopus Fishman was fearful of his Captain's cold eyes and silently placed the unconscious Grover next to his feet before getting away. 

"Wake up." 

A small voltage was enough to rattle Grover awake and make him scream in agony. Since he had just taken a dip in the sea, he still felt exhausted of all strength, and the heavy foot of Sin was pressing him hard into the ground.

"S-pare me..." He pleaded as he watched a strange ball of Lightning start forming in Sin's hand. There was a chirping sound of electricity all around, but it soon subsided as an immense heat washed over the surroundings. 

The ball of lighting started shrinking rapidly, and the temperature of the surrounding kept rising dramatically.

Within a few seconds, the little blue-white ball of Plasma, which was no bigger than a Ping-Pong ball, was glowing in a bright light that made it hard for people to look at it without hurting their eyes. 

The heat made everyone start running away from the place. Even Hachi, Kuina, and Bonney had to move away. 

Robin and Hancock did not seem bothered by the heat and intently looked at the Plasma Ball in Sin's hand as its brightness did not bother them either. 

Grover's flesh had already started burning and melting, and his pitiful screams rained down on everyone's ears, who were now only wishing for this nightmare to end. 

"It's a waste that we can not get your Devil Fruit, but since you wanted to harm Bonney, you must die." Sin smiled at him and smashed the Plasma Ball right into his stomach of Grover. The feeling was no different than running a knife through butter, as the Plasma Ball melted everything it came in contact with. And even if the flesh was melting, the heat was so great that there was no smell of it. 

Sin stopped supplying the Plasma Ball with energy, making it gradually diminish out of existence. In a blink of an eye, there was no trace of Grover's existence left other than the deep crater in the ground, with smoke rising from it.

The Pirates were already running in all directions, trying to get away from the place, and most had tears streaming out of their eyes in fear of Death that was sweetly whispering in their ears. Those that still had some composure were praying to God to wake them up from this nightmare.

"Let the hunt begin." Sin smiled as soon as all the Pirates disappeared into the woods. 

Kuina and Hachi were too shocked and scared of Sin to register his words, but Robin, Hancock, and Bonney understood his intentions and disappeared into the woods after him. They were not going to let him have all the fun.

4