Chapter 29
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You could have just asked your 'Granny Tsuru' to teach you Rokushiki." Bonney pouted and folded her hands on her chest. 

"I know that she would never teach me the Six Styles." He chuckled at her words and lovingly nudged her nose. "She cares for me, but she would never betray the Marines for me." 

"But you still could have asked her!" 

"Heh... you just want to learn Moonwalk, don't you?" He knew what interested her so much about Rokushiki. 

"We all do!" She claimed, and everyone on the table, including Hancock and Robin, nodded their heads. "You can stay in the sky and fly, so you do not understand how much we want to do the same."

"I can always take you on the ride." 

"That's not the same thing!" She narrowed her eyes at him. "I want to do it myself." 

Sin sighed when he heard her words and helplessly shook his head.

"What exactly are the Six Styles?" Kuina curiously asked. "I saw Simmy use Iron Body but isn't that just a weaker version of Armament Haki?" 

"They are not the same thing. Not at all." Sin shook his head. "Rokushiki is precious Secret of the World Goverment, and it is the reason why they are able to hold their own against their enemies. Rokushiki and Haki complement each other." He seriously said. "Only after a Marine has achieved the Rank of a Commodore, and passed a test after being recommended by a superior, can they learn it. And the reason why it is kept such a secret is that it makes you a Superbeing." 

"Superbeing?" Bepo curiously asked. 

"Yes." Sin nodded his head. "Rokushiki is all about your body. Someone who has achieved the Pinnacle of Iron Body and Paper Art has control over every single muscle of his body. The control would be so precise that you can choose which muscle to harden and which to soften, suiting your needs in the combat, and it also allows you to disguise your facial features. Shave, Moonwalk, Tempest Kick, and Finger Gun are just as much about Speed as they are about Body Strength. How do you think Granny was so fast that she was able to hold on against me for so long?" He smirked. "She is a Master of Rokushiki just as much as she is a Master of Haki. And want to know a secret?" 

"What?" Law curiously asked. 

"If you have Mastery over all Six Styles, you can unlock the Seventh Style on your own. And it is quite similar to how the Advanced Armament Haki works, not as destructive, but still quite handy as it creates Shockwaves. But whereas Haki is infused with your Spirit and Will, everything about Rokushiki is concerned with your Physical Strength and Speed." Sin smiled when he saw the excitement in their eyes. "It is also said that a Master of Rokushiki can live longer than an average person of their species thanks to how improved their body is." He poured some more fuel on their burning excitement.

"How do you know all this?" Hancock narrowed her eyes at him as he had never told them these things before. 

"Gion once tried to lure me into joining Marines by telling me how awesome Rokushiki was." He laughed lightly and sank back in his chair. "But even if I know how every Style works, I can not learn it without the Manual. There are specific steps that one needs to follow in Rokushiki training, so it can not really be learned on your own." He sighed. 

"We need the Manual!" Bonney slammed her hands on the table and stood up, looking at him intently. 

"We will have to steal it from Marineford. Up for it?" Sin smirked at her when her excitement visibly abate. 

"There's no other way?" She frowned and asked. 

"Like I said earlier, it is an important and closely guarded secret of the World Government. So, it is not easy to get hands on the Rokushiki Manual." He gently smiled at her. "And even if you did not ask for it, Rokushiki was always one of my goals. Its benefits are indispensable for us." 

"Is that why you plan on becoming a Warlord?" Kuina curiously asked. 

"You think they give out Rokushiki to Warlords?" He laughed at her question. "They would never do that!" He shook his head. "We will just have to jump on the opportunity if it presents itself. Or maybe we would get lucky? Looking for someone who knows the Six Styles and make them teach you is the most viable option."

"Yeah, right." Bonney sighed and sat down on her seat.

"Iron Body hardens your Muscles, giving you better defence. Paper-Art softens them, giving you more flexibility. Moonwalk allows you to walk in the air and pretty much fly. Shave allows you to achieve short-term bursts of speed that can make you teleport over short distances. Tempest-Kick allows you to shoot out wind blades through your kicks and arm swings. And Finger Gun allows you to pierce the body with your fingers and even shoot out air bullets." Nojiko, who was silently noting everything down in her notebook, recounted everything that she had witnessed in the battle of Sin and Tsuru. "Right?" 

"Yes. But there are advanced forms of each style. For example, Tempest-Kick can be used with any of your limbs, and by extension, through your weapons. I have seen Gion do that with her sword and a staff. And shooting out Air Bullets is an Advanced Form of Finger Gun." Sin informed her, and sipped on his wine. "Get on the deck, a Storm is brewing." 

Bepo, Augur, Law, Hancock, Robin, and Hachi immediately left the meeting room to take care of the Ship. They had been sailing for six days, and only a day's journey was left now before they would reach their destination.

Kuina was totally spent after the day's training session, so she was joining Nami and Nojiko, who were helping Bonney customise cloaks for the crew. 

Since they were soon going to sail under the banner of a WarLord, they would need something that people on the streets could recognise them with and behave. 

The little girls burst out laughing when they saw Sin join them, but then they were left in awe of how good his handiwork was. He was adept at sewing, and with his help, they finished everything before dinner. 

"This is awesome!" Bepo was quite excited at receiving his set of Cloaks after Dinner. 

All of the Crew's Cloaks were black, with their Jolly Roger and Crew name on the back, and a personalised badge on the front.

Augur's Cloaks had his beloved Sniper inside a Grey Star etched on his set as his identity badge. 

Kuina had her Wado Ichimonji etched inside a Grey Star on her set.

Law's badge was of a Red Heart with a smiling face drawn on it, in honour of the man that saved his life.

Nami and Nojiko had Orange and Blue swirls that formed Pinwheels with a Tangarine connected to them, in honour of their mother.

Hachi's badge was Sun shaped, with six arms sprouting from it, each holding a cutlass. 

Bonney's Badge was a Red Arrow piercing a Pink heart that had a slice of Pizza on it, making it clear what her true love was.

Robin's badge was of an opened book with Frostflame burning brightly on it.

Hancock's badge was of a serpent engulfed in the Hellfire, in honour of her Amazonian origin. 

And Sin's badge was a blood-stained Grey Crown with his two Swords crossing through it.

All of them had submitted what badges they wanted on their cloaks and seemed satisfied with the results. 

Nami and Nojiko revelled in the praise as they had been working on the project with Bonney for the past few days. And Kuina received some praise for her help too.

"Now that would be 100 Thousand Berries for each cloak. With a set of Six Cloaks, your total bill is 600 Thousand Berries each." Nami suddenly spoke, with her eyes sparkling in her greed as she looked at Sin.

"You should have chosen a Goblin as your badge." Kuina stuck her tongue at her and laughed lightly. 

"You are asking the wrong people for the money, little Goblin." Sin smirked at her. "We are Pirates." He chuckled when he saw her angrily pout and fold her arms on her chest. 

"Why are you so stingy?" She complained. "It's just 6.6 Million Berries, and you are super rich!" 

"6.6 Million?" Sin smirked at her. "I have to pay for your set of Cloaks too?" 

"Of course!" She readily nodded her head. "You are the Captain, so you must pay on behalf of your Crew." 

"Is that so? You do realise that you are not the only one that worked on this project, right?" He narrowed his eyes at her. 

"They can ask for themselves. I just want the money for my services." She daringly looked back into his eyes and spoke. 

"Nami..." Nojiko sighed when she saw the antics of her little sister. 

"I have no money for a Goblin like you." Sin stuck his tongue at her and disappeared in a flash of lightning. 

And before Nami could turn to others to ask them to pay, everyone, including Bonney, had dispersed and returned to their tasks.

She felt betrayed and kept cursing Sin in her heart for being heartless, stingy, and a villain. It was really hard for her to sleep that night, and even her dreams were filled with her losing all of her non-existent fortunes at the hands of the Devil. However, when she woke up the next morning, her eyes shined brightly under the sparkle of a beautiful red diamond that was resting on her pillow, on top of a note.

'A gift for our beautiful pesky little Goblin.' 

She smiled brightly when she recognised Sin's writing, and forgot all the hate she had tried to muster up in her heart against him last night. She tightly held the diamond in her hands and laughed giddily, and her intoxicating laughter brought a smile to the face of everyone that heard her.

3