Senseless Power
324 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I haven't been to Kyoto in about a century, a lot of things can change in such a small timeframe, but still, this traditional city's rate of modernization is way slower than Sapporo or even Tokyo. I didn't have a particular destination, as a member of the East Youkai Faction for several milleniums, every time I arrived in Kyoto, it would be for war. 

My presence drew gazes but not much more, my myth had long since dulled around these streets. I wore black jeans and a black shirt, and my thoughts were clouded with him, all I could think about, was master and the fact that he wasn't as infatuated with me as I was with him. I never cared so far, but I know things are different from how they used to be.

It is no longer up to me what I do, or where I go... now I have acknowledged someone else as my master. No, that's incorrect.

He has tamed me to the point I have willingly submitted.

'It is irritating'.

I scratched my head, fluttered my hair and stopped thinking of unnecessary things. I'm no longer a criminal, I'm no longer being chased, I have a home... that's what matters. 

And still, just when things had started to change. All I could do was stop in my tracks and watch in the distance how the atmosphere, all of a sudden, started to change. 

'What is going on?'

The people around me all noticed how the clouds suddenly started moving faster and in erratic directions, strong gusts of wind and all of a sudden, the floor began shaking. The people around me began screaming and looking for a safe place, some of them just remained on the spot, thinking it was just a mild tremor until the shaking intensified to the point the two and three-story buildings were swaying back and forth.

Earthquakes are not uncommon in Japan, I have experienced more than a hundred and I could tell straight away this is not just an earthquake. The atmosphere is in disarray and there is a progressively increasing weight falling on my shoulders. The epicentre of everything, the direction of where my master's house is.

'Attack?' My first theory was that he had been attacked and I decided to rush straight there. Jumping from building to building I saw blurry silhouettes doing the same, Onmyouji.

If they're making a move then this certainly is not just an earthquake. I saw people running everywhere but I also saw them mysteriously disappearing in what I felt were spatial waves.

Everything around me was so confusing.

They started moving the people away from the area, but even they found themselves being swept away by those sudden spatial waves. I twirled my tongue in annoyance, I hate when things get out of control and ever since I met master, that's what's been happening in my life. 

I thought about teleporting straight into the house, I had already been there so I could do that but... my instincts told me against it, it was if they were telling me that the moment I manifested there, I would die. 

It only increased my exasperation; I manifested my natural self and jumped faster and faster towards the direction of the house, but each centimetre closer... felt like a massive hurdle, it came to a point where I was even struggling to move!

My knees fell on the shaking concrete floor, the weight on my shoulders was so massive that I was unable to move, I grit my teeth, and raise my eyes to look in the direction of where my master's house was, still three or more blocks away.

There, the houses were starting to get shattered by this unprecedented force, it was safe to say that anyone close enough was more than likely smashed by the sheer force. 

I heard steps next to me, she was faring a lot better than me, but clearly, even she had a hard time struggling against this power. 

"Yasaka!"

The kitsune took a step forward, unlike me, she was standing. But that mere step she took dug her feet at least ten centimetres into the concrete floor. Each step was like having Mount Youtei on our shoulders. 

"A-Amaterasu-sama has told me... Ray-sama has had an accident, he's in the process of transforming into a sun".

The anxiety in her expression was obvious, and I felt a sudden hollow spot in my heart when she said that, I thought he had been attacked, but an accident? She helped me up but in the process of doing so, she also fell on her knees, all of her tails firmly pressed on the ground. This... gravity pull or whatever it was, was just so ridiculous! All of the houses around us looked like a giant was stepping on them. 

"Stars are astronomic objects with an immense gravity pull, Amaterasu-sama and Elysir are trying earnestly to stop this process but as time goes this force is only going to increase exponentially, the closer we are to the centre, the more dangerous it is. We have to take bystanders as far as we can from this epicentre before it consumes the region, Takamagahara has already begun moving".

She growled and held me, taking one decisive massive step that shattered the floor around us, it took us far away from the epicentre where the force was still mild enough for me to move. 

"Yasaka, shouldn't we be trying to help him-"

"DO YOU THINK I AM NOT WORRIED?!"

"..."

**

**

I thought I was strong, but thanks to Ray-sama I have reached a level of power that I couldn't have ever imagined. Perhaps I grew conceited. 

I was in my shrine when Amaterasu-sama communicated with me, at that time all I felt was some mild atmospheric change, something that could be attributed to the weather. When she told me Ray-sama had an accident... I felt my heart collapsing. 

When she told me that we could do nothing to help, I thought she was bluffing, she was underestimating me. How could I not be able to help Ray-sama?!

I immediately rushed and that's... when I nearly fell on my knees. 

I-I can't move. I can't walk. I watched onwards, Ray-sama was just there, not far away from me. Why can't I move? The overbearing pressure only kept increasing!

'Yasaka, don't do anything stupid and do what I am telling you! Even Elysir and I can't do anything! Ray is becoming a sun, a true star!'

I watched Hasshaku-sama whose situation was even more pitiful than mine, let alone walk, she couldn't even stand up, this peak ancient youkai who could cause terror in the supernatural community, so helpless. I a ten-tailed fox, so helpless. Even Amaterasu-sama can't do anything. 

Ray-sama, is this the difference between you and me?

Maybe because he always doted on me, he always felt so familiar, he was always so lovable, his hands were always so pleasurable... that I forgot what he was. 

A Multiversal God. 

I spent the next ten or so minutes helping innocent bystanders return to safety, I even found Rias, Akeno, Koneko-chan and Kuroka-chan lying down somewhere together with Tsunade. It was just ten or so minutes, but it felt like an eternity of destruction. There were plenty of casualties, no doubt.

The pressure suddenly vanished like it never existed. Ray-sama, Elysir and Amaterasu-sama were gone, but the aftermath of this event was not kind to us. 

A whole district was levelled to the ground like a giant had stepped on it, everything was plain, and the closer one went to the centre, the deeper it was. Approximately a two-mile radius of destruction, equivalent to an Atomic Bomb. An earthquake that affected the whole south of Japan and an alert of Tsunami.

The feeling of powerlessness had seeped in, Hasshaku-sama was next to me and I'm sure we were thinking exactly the same thing.

In order to stay with him...

'We must become stronger'.

***

  • 1 chapter x day.

  • Each 300 power stones you get an extra chapter.

  • Find up to 20 advanced chapters in my pa-tre-on.com/photosphere (I plan to pile up to 40).

Please leave a comment and a review, it helps my book!

17