Metamorphosis I
332 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It is a complex structure, a divine model designed with the intention of suppressing the flux of energy that enters your mind, she serves as a barrier and receives that burden for you. That goddess, Elysir... she's an amazing individual".

"..."

I contemplated it, my soul that resembled more of a singularity by now than a sun covered by a moon. Levitating next to me was this woman with pitch-black hair that reached all the way down to her toes with a black dress. 

"Ophis, thank you for everything".

"Needless words, you are my home. I shall assist whenever necessary".

"You have been living in my soul all this time?"

"It is the only spot close enough to the silence of the dimensional gap. Although it is odd, stars are usually very noisy but yours is not the case".

She touched it.

"Yours is warm, cosy, quiet... but it won't remain like this forever. As you progressively become stronger... this beautiful home may at one point start endangering my life".

"I'm sorry".

"I hope by then... you have found me a new home, as you promised me".

"..."

"Well then, until we see each other again".

"One second, aren't you the leader of Khaos Brigade?"

"I was their leader".

"You stopped?"

"Ever since you gave me asylum at your soul, my reasons to stick with them have ceased. It was originally created with the intention of exiling Baka-red out of the dimensional gap, but now that I have found a new home, I no longer need the dimensional gap".

As if she was in a rush to go back and sleep, she entered my soul and disappeared, leaving no words. 

"This Dragoness..." I sighed and glanced around me, there was nothing except this humongous eclipse sun and me. 

"Ely..."

I checked my system's status, and the new ability, Energy Records was there. But there was a... situation. 

[System Capacity: 100%].

'Horus, can you give me a summary...?'

[Very well, as per Anubis' sacrifice she has managed to lower the impact Energy Records has in your consciousness considerably, sadly... even with her sacrifice this is still a huge load for your consciousness and the system is doing its best to assist you. We are unable to summon the Avatar of Fortune, we are unable to summon slimes... the system is unable to open transdimensional gates. All current system functionalities are occupied by Energy Records].

'So I can't even see my mom...'

I clenched my hands but regained my focus soon after, they're not gone. It is a see you later, not a goodbye, right now I have to focus on something else.

[Your best option is to rank up as fast as possible].

'How am I going to do it? If I can't get a transdimensional gate, I can't get customers...'

[If the System Capacity is overloaded, you can always learn how to summon a transdimensional gate by yourself, Ray... this way not only won't it cost you chaos points, but it also won't take effort from the system to be maintained].

'How can I do it?'

[First, you should get a hold of Lady Elysir's cluster of laws... if the Avatar of Fortune is not here to teach you, you can always read the book directly, it will take you longer to comprehend but Lady Elysir believed in you, you should be capable of achieving this].

'Cluster of laws...?' I recalled a few seconds after, that golden ball that Elysir gave to Yasaka. She said she intended to give those to me once I reached the True God Stage.

[Inside those clusters there are the laws behind the formation of many techniques developed by Lady Elysir, among them, there is the transdimensional gate].

'Very well'.

I know what I have to do now. 

**

**

[Client List:]

Yasaka Okami

Tsunade Senju

Solution Epsilon.

Grayfia Lucifuge.

[Bookings: 3]

[System Capabilities: 100%]

[Active Abilities:]

Avatar of Fortune.

Limbo.

Illusion Domain.

Predator.

Sun Stare.

Sun Explosion.

Moonlight Mist.

Radiation

Energy Records (PEAK)

**

**

"Master, you're awake".

"Kuu..."

"I'm happy that you have recovered, and even happier about how beautiful your eyes look, but... we have a situation right now that needs your attention".

I looked around us, no, it was more precise to say that before I even looked at them... I could feel them, I could feel their flowing energy. 

At least a hundred individuals around us. Opposing sides. 

"My lord, orders".

I recognised Michael and standing next to him, Gabriel and the rest of the Great Seraphs... behind them, hundreds of angels. 

On the opposite side, two men I didn't know with hundreds of priests. 

"So he's woken up, huh? How about you give us a proper answer, Osiris!".

"Ray, I'm sorry about this..." Tsunade walked up to me and apologised.

It was too much to process in one moment, so I just raised my hand, indicating for everyone to stop, which they did. 

Silence reigned the world before I stood up from Kuu's lap and dusted myself off. The world around us was ruins, a piece of humongous flat land that now resisted in the spot that used to be the district where my house was. 

Kuu, Kuroka and Tsunade were standing next to me, on guard against the forces of at least a hundred people surrounding us, I knew they were Onmyoujis. 

It didn't take a genius to know, because of this incident... the higher-ups of Japan must consider me a threat now. 

"Where is Yasaka?" I asked.

"She is with Amaterasu in Takamagahara, trying to restrain the rest of the Shinto Faction from executing a frontal attack against you, This time, I think we have become criminals once again, master" Kuu explained to me grimly. 

"I see. First off, Tsunade... you don't have to apologise for anything, it was an accident. I don't have any bad feelings against you. Now, you should go away. Things may get a bit ugly here".

Her countenance was visually relieved.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ray. If I have to fight, I will fight for you".

Tsunade got in position, her silhouette was imposing, I had never seen her fight but she looked confident. Nevertheless, I shook my head and looked at her and also towards Michael and the rest of the Seraphs.

"I appreciate you all, but you're all unnecessary".

!!!

Tsunade, Kuu, Kuroka... the angels, all looked at me shocked. 

"Ho? So you plan on handing yourself over?" The man levitating above, who looked like an Asura, spoke haughtily to me. I frowned at him, he hadn't even introduced himself yet. 

"Not at all. But right now I'm not in the mood. I don't need anyone fighting my fights for me. Michael, Gabriel... this is my order, return to the heavens".

"My lord!" They were about to complain. But for real, I'm not in the mood.

"Return... to the heavens..."

"..."

"I'll be there in half an hour".

Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Raphael bowed to me before the hundred and thirty-four angels teleported away. 

"I am Osiris, who are you two?" I introduced myself, surely they can managed this much courtesy.

"Storm God, Susanoo".

"Moon God, Tsukiyomi".

"Very well, are the two of you not conscious of the four-way alliance between the Shinto Faction, the Heavens, Hell and me?"

"It is a treaty elder sister single-handedly decided without consultation. We allowed it, but now you have broken whatever path of peace existed with this terrorist attack".

"It was an accident" I explained. 

"An accident that left more than two thousand casualties. For us, this can only be regarded as a terrorist attack, Osiris... and you must pay for it".

I grit my teeth. They weren't happy and understandably so... but I can't just give myself up over an accident.

"I understand but I'm afraid I'm not going to serve myself on a platter for you to take".

"That won't be necessary, Osiris. We can take you by force" Susanoo glared with confidence which pissed me off.

"If you keep antagonising my master-"

"Back off, Kuu!"

"..."

I know what the girls are going to try to do, I know they are right... but I just can't keep relying on third parties anymore. If I want to see Ely and Mom again and have them in my arms, I must start facing my own challenges head-on without helpers. 

I'm a multiversal god, I can't even die... no one here can kill me. What is there to be fucking afraid of!?

At this stage nothing matters, I must get Chaos Points... and these two gods must be worth quite a few. 

I walked forward and extended my arms.

"Susanoo, Tsukiyomi. If you want me, come and take me!"

***

  • 1 chapter x day.

  • Each 300 power stones you get an extra chapter.

  • Find up to 20 advanced chapters in my pa-tre-on.com/photosphere (I plan to pile up to 40).

Please leave a comment and a review, it helps my book!

17