A Mighty White Bird
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'I saw fire out of her hands'

'She is strange don't you think!'

'The city changed ever since she showed up.'

Rumors about the young girl who mysteriously invaded the capital of Hechang Empire soon spread like wild fire across different kingdoms.

Some people went further to have a look at her and they saw that she was a rare beauty.

'I've never seen anyone like her, she must be a witch'

Indeed, the city changed ever since her appearance.

One of the main reason which people don't know about was that they were bothering her too much, and she was getting sad and forlorn day in and out.

They threatened to do different things to her, and she couldn't help but squeeze herself inside the house and rely on her powers for protection.

Where should she go from there when she knew not where she came from? She never knew why people don't understand little things.

********

The girl sat down with her back rested on the wall, her long hair fell on the floor as she had her head lowered on top of her knees.

She thought of where to go, it was clear that these people don't like her and badly wanted her to leave, but where would she go to?

'Where?'

She suddenly felt an excruciating pain in her tummy, it also made a certain noise that she became surprised.

Throughout her 16 years of being trapped in darkness, her tummy never rumbled.

What does this sound her tummy made mean?

Apart from that strange sound and the pain, she also felt as though her chest was tired with a strong robe, the pain even affecting her backbone.

She felt weak and frail, that she could barely move her own fingers.

It was at that moment she heard footsteps coming towards her, not just one footstep, but many.

Someone from outside threw a late stone at the already broken wooden door, and it quickly opened, making the sunlight filter into the slightly dark room.

"Here she is!" A young man pointed while others walked in.

"You don't want to leave our city, then we'd force you!" He threatened.

The girl weakly stood up, her legs shaking as though she was carrying a heavy load.

She placed her hands together and looked at them. "P..please I beg you"

"We're are tired of your begging!" The man snapped. "Just go back to wherever you came from peacefully otherwise we'd throw you out ourselves!" He coerced. 

The young girl shook in fear, she knew that a day like this would come, but what can she do now?

"I'll find a way to leave, please just let me..."

"No!" A man among them roared. "We cannot leave you here for even a second, leave or we'll get you killed!"

Not wanting to cause them anymore trouble, the girl gently walked outside with her shaky legs.

"Evil!" One of them muttered as he pushed her.

She fell on the floor, while others erupted into an uncontrollable laughter.

The girl frowned anger clear on her face.

She stood up, the hair on her head began to rise slowly, a sudden gust of wind blew inside the room, making her shawl fly on her back.

Her eyes turned red, and the place became dark.

The people there became confused, what was happening?

Thick clouds covered the sun, and things doesn't look alright.

They all gasped in horror as they sighted the girl's red eyes, and her two little hands glowing out, FIRE!

The women instantly ran for their dear lives, while the men nervously walked out.

"Go away!" She didn't realize when she forced the fire out of her hands, and it rolled towards that man.

The girl couldn't fathom what was happening, she closed her eyes as the red color suddenly disappeared.

When she finally opened her eyes, she saw that a part of the wooden house was already on fire.

She knew not how to quench the fire, as a matter of fact, she ran outside to prevent it from swallowing her.

She fell, hitting her head on a big stone, and blood oozing out of the injured spot.

She remained there, like someone who was lifeless.

******

A mighty White bird flew straight from heaven with a white sachet tied on its webbed feet, it landed gracefully on the floor and dropped the white sachet.

The white bird walked towards the sleeping girl, it raised one if it's wings and placed it on the girl's head, just like that she appeared inside the room.

The fire was already gone.

She opened her eyes slowly and the sweet aroma of something assailed her nose.

Trying to figure out what just happened, her eyes fell on a white sachet on the floor.

Without hesitation, she grabbed and untied it.

'What is this?' she wondered.

Inside the white sachet was a small wooden plate with a lid covering it, a pair of brown chopstick, and a brown wooden flask.

She gently opened the lid of the plate and was shocked to see some green, red, purple and orange stuffs on top of a brown fat thing, and plenty of coiled, thin mist things underneath.

But it smells so nice, without any further thinking, she grabbed the chopsticks and began eating.

Wait!

Where did this come from?

She already finished the food before she even noticed that the food wasn't there before.

'Something just happened, what is it?'

0