My Empress
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hechang Royal Palace.

A group of young maids were smartly dressed in white and lime green dresses holding plenty amount of white plates in their hands were walking towards the Royal Kitchen.

A group of guards in forest green clothes were patrolling the palace with their swords and shields in their hands.

The environment looked clean and majestic, tall trees were planted along the tall fence of the palace, while the gigantic palace building stood there with it's red roof gleaming in the sun.

Descending the staircase was a tall man in white robe, his long jet-black hair cascaded down his head touching his waist, with the gold crown seating on top.

There was a calm look on his face and his golden-red eyes as he walked towards the Jade Palace with a group of guards trailing behind him.

Shen Xiang was just 23 years old and the Emperor of Hechang, he was extremely handsome and well-built with distinct features, he had long eye lashes and thick eyebrows.

He exuded a cold and powerful aura from within, and the guards trailing behind him dared not to breathe.

A group of maid servants standing in front of the Jade Palace bowed to him, as he made his way inside.

The Jade palace was not as large as the main palace, but it was beautiful and surrounded with pretty flowers and butterflies flying around.

The Empress Dowager Ye Hua was sitting on the armchair with a long scroll on her hands.

She still looked young and smart even despite the fact that she was already in her mid-forties.

She was wearing a pretty red silk dress with silver hairpins and earrings dangling down her hair and ears.

A beautiful smile was plastered on her face as she sighted her son walking towards her.

"Xiang Dear" she called warmly before he took his seat. "You came today, I wanted to come to you later"

Shen Xiang took his seat on a stool and faced his mother. "What do you have to say?" He asked in a calm and bold voice.

The Empress Dowager smiled as she dropped the scroll she was holding on top of the table.

"Have a cup of tea first" she motioned to a maid servant to pour a tea for the Emperor.

"There's no need" he quickly rejected it.

"Alright then" she signalled to the girl to return the tea cup while she went straight to the topic of discussion.

"The Royal Sorcerer was here" she began. "He said..."

"I know" Shen Xiang cuts her off mid-sentences. "I felt it"

"Then why don't you go bring her here?" Ye Hua urged. "I want to see your problems cleared soon Son, I..."

"Mother, I know" he gently interrupted her again. "And I will"

"But the girl is suffering out there" the Empress Dowager implored. "You must be quick"

Shen Xiang sighed and nodded.

It wasn't that his mother badly wanted a daughter-in-law, but he needed one for his own sake.

Shen Xiang was born with strange powers and a cold heart, and was always haunted by nightmares.

If not for his mother's sake, he wishes for one thing, and that was death.

What's the use of staying alive with enemies?

What's the use of living in hell on earth despite living a royal and luxurious life?

What's the use of having a cold heart?

He only knew about one solution.

And that was, the young witch who just invaded his Empire.

Ever since he was growing up, he had being seeing her in his dreams, and his imaginations, he couldn't believe that someone like that really existed.

To think of making him his wife, how would he do that?

Especially when she had nothing, who would hand her over to him for marriage?

These questions were stuck in his mind ever since he discovered that she was within Hechang, and the commoners even trying to harm her.

'Whatever!' he thought. 'I'd just go and bring her, at least I'll see the how she can cure me'

*****

A young petite girl with an extremely long hair was dressed in white, she stood at the front of the forest with a small smile on her face, she broke into a small laughter, and even that laugh sounded divine.

She ran around the forest with her hair and veil flying in the air.

There were lot's of birds chirping and butterflies flying, the scene was very beautiful and magical.

Most of the wild animals in the forest had their heads lowered, as though they were bowing down to her.

The young girl noticed the animals and patted their necks still laughing sweetly.

However, a young man walked towards her with his lips curved in a smile.

He took her soft little hands in his and looked straight into her eyes.

"You are here Your Majesty" she did a small bow.

"Let's go back to the palace, you've had enough play today My Empress"

A blush crept on the girl's face as she curtseyed. "Of course Your Majesty"

"Call me by my name My Empress"

"I dare not Your Majesty"

"Only you dare My Empress" he persisted. "I'd like to hear you call my name"

*****

He woke up with sweats pigtailing down his forehead.

He was relieved that today's dream wasn't a bad one.

With his powers, he could predict dangers, he could tell when he was safe and when he isn't.

The thought of getting this young witch as his wife and Empress sounded safe to him.

The funniest yet strange thing was that he could feel her, he could feel what she was feeling even if he was yet to meet her.

He was sure that he soon-to-be wife was someone powerful, as even her anger alone almost led to destruction.

Her sadness had made everywhere gloomy, very similar and comparable to his.

Good thing he sent the Majestic Bird to give her the food, otherwise who knows what would have happened.?

Who is this girl?

And why was his fate tied to her's?

0