Are You Alright Little Girl?
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The throne room,

"Your Majesty, the people are complaining about the sudden appearance of a young lady, they claimed that she's the reason why the city remains gloomy" A chief told Shen Xiang who was sitting majestically on his red and golden throne with a calm look on his face.

Seeing that the Emperor didn't respond, another chief narrated the rumors he had being hearing to him.

"Your Majesty, they said she got angry as a man pushed her, she made fire came out of her hands and burned the young man"

"No she didn't harm the young man" another cuts in. "Based on what I heard, she burnt the place she was staying, the people thought that she'd have being dead but they met she and the house fine"

"But she's dangerous!" A stone-faced man among them spat.

"Your Majesty needs to take actions immediately, the girl is a treat to the city" another began. "Especially when she caused the sun to stop shining, our plants wouldn't grow" he furthered.

Shen Xiang was quiet like he used to, the chiefs thought that perhaps he was mulling over their words.

He finally stood up, and climbed down the dais. "Meeting dismissed"

What?

The other chiefs were bewildered, shouldn't his majesty say something? Or at least give them his approval.

The stone-faced man was angrier than the rest, he had expected the Emperor to take actions immediately.

He should've either said "Go kill her" or some other terrifying judgement.

Even if they were disappointed, they dared not say anything out of their mouths, they only mumbled and muttered some indistinct noises among themselves as they left the throne room.

Shen Xiang returned to his chambers in the main palace.

His chambers was very spacious and cozy, painted in brown color, they were books lined up on top of a long table, empty porcelain vases on top of the windows and drawers.

He took off his robes and then went to the patio of his chambers to receive fresh air.

Shen Xiang sat on a small stool and rested his head on the white wall, he then closed his eyes and began thinking.

If he should get this young girl as his bride, he wouldn't know how he would take care of her, because he was not the type who mixed with people.

He barely interact with his own mother and never showed much concern towards her.

That was his mother, not to mention a completely young girl who was supposed to be under her father's roof and protection.

The strange red snake-like mark on his neck started glowing faintly. Shen Xiang knew that moment that something was going on, the mark on his neck would never glow except if he was in danger.

But he was safe in his chambers.

As he closed his eyes, he saw a faint image of a figure in white dress and a lengthy hair walking slowly towards only heaven knows where.

He knew instantly that perhaps she was leaving.

He quickly dashed into his bedroom to put on his robe, while he teleported immediately.

*****

The young girl who was crying profusely continued walking inside the thick bushes which made her skin itch.

She finally decided to leave the city since the people wouldn't let her be.

She knew not where she was heading to, but she would keep walking through the forest until she finds a suitable place to rest.

She continued walking gently and slowly, only the sound of snakes hissing from a distance, birds chirping on the air and other insects hiding in tree trunks, with her little sob could be heard.

As she walked farther, she heard footsteps coming towards her.

Her heart skipped a beat before she quickly went into defence mode, her eyes turned red and her hands brought out little sparks of fire.

She stood at the back of a tall tree and looked around to see who was coming towards her.

She saw a figure in long robe coming towards her direction with it's hands on his back, the figure also seemed to be looking for someone.

Could it be looking for her?

She almost screamed in horror when a pair of golden-red eyes was fixated at the place where she stood.

Is this person evil?

When the figure was nearing her, The girl threw the ball of fire at it's direction and began to run fast so that it wouldn't get her.

As soon as he noticed the ball of fire rolling towards him, Shen Xiang quickly disappeared from where he was standing and the fire rolled towards a large tree and exploded.

The tree started burning, smoke engulfing the atmosphere in a few moment after.

The worst thing was that he had lost the girl, and his powers couldn't detect where she had gone to.

He kept walking inside the deep forest, looking at the ground in other to see her footsteps.

Shen Xiang followed the little footsteps in a hurry and soon sighted the scared girl still running.

'Oh goodness!' he thought within himself. 'What sort of game is this?'

He teleported.

The young girl knew that the person was still following her, she ran as fast as her two slender legs could carry her.

'You are not safe, just run! Run!'

A sudden white light whizzed past her, she paused as that same figure appeared in front of her.

Without thinking, she threw small golden needles at him violently, and continued running, looking for a place to hide.

Shen Xiang smiled as he raised his left hand, the small light that shone at the needles flying towards him made them break into tiny pieces.

For the first time, a smile lit up his face as he got ready to play a game of chase with the little girl.

The young girl kept on running, her hands and eyes were fiery, the trees and grasses caught fire as she ran past them.

A sudden hand caught her, and she turned back to see who it was.

Her fiery eyes turned back to the normal color as she saw that pair of golden-red eyes, she suddenly felt warm as his hand touched her.

She looked up at him, wondering who he was, why he was having red eyes, and why she felt warm as he touched her.

He surprised her more by asking. "Are you alright little girl?"

0