Divine Being
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you alright little girl?" He asked again.

The girl only kept looking at him, even if she had never met someone like him before, she felt quite safe, she felt as if this person was sent by a divine being to protect her.

Or is he the divine being?

He's so good looking.

Shen Xiang wiped off the sweat that were dripping down her small face with his sleeves in a small smile.

He then pulled her into his warm embrace without saying anymore words.

He could hear her heartbeat, it was probably about to jump out of her chest.

Shen Xiang couldn't believe that he finally met this girl after years of seeing her in his dream.

She looked the same, small, petite and pretty.

He felt quite glad that she was in his arms.

The girl on the other hand felt extremely safe, she didn't know why she felt that way, but she was sure that this person was kind, her instincts would have let her know if he was bad.

She had spent her life trapped in darkness, without knowing how it feels to be touched by someone else in such a tender way.

He was the first person that made her feel warm and safe.

It was as if she instantly remembered that name people were calling her, they said she was a witch and could hurt people.

The girl quickly released herself from his warmth and bowed apologetically.

"I'm sorry I have to go"

Shen Xiang loved her soft, girlish voice, he pulled back her hand as she made way to go.

"Where are you going?" He was sure that she knew no where, and obviously had nowhere to go to.

The girl looked at him as she responded. "Far away, I'm sorry for hurting you"

"Do you know me?" Shen Xiang suddenly asked her. 

The girl shook her head. "I know no one"

"I don't want you to leave, come with me" he offered

It was a good offer but she didn't know whether it was good to accept it.

"I'm the ruler of this city, my name is Shen Xiang" he introduced himself to her.

Shen Xiang?

"You're the Emperor?"

The young girl had heard the men oppressing her mention the word 'Emperor Shen Xiang'. They said he was cold, powerful and heartless.

Not knowing how she managed to guess, Shen Xiang nodded.

 The girl bowed lightly as she trembled.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty"

She heard about how the men used to address the Emperor as 'His Majesty', knowing that it was a way of showing respect, the girl also used the word.

And those men had used the Emperor to coerce her on a number of time, it seems like this Emperor knew not who she was.

She was the girl who caused no sunshine in the entire Empire ever since her arrival.

Shen Xiang never understood why he wasn't able to read the girl's mind like he can with everyone.

Why?

"Do you know me Your Majesty?" The girl suddenly questioned. "I'm the girl who caused..."

"I know" he cuts her off gently.

"Then I'm a..." She was saying even if she was trembling in fear, she had wronged the Emperor by throwing fire at him, not to mention the calamity she had caused in the Empire.

"What is your name?" He gently asked.

The little girl shivered as she replied.

 "I.I..don't know Your Majesty"

He was bewildered, but it was what he expected.

The town's witch was rumored to have no name.

"Where are your family?" He furthered.

"I don't have any your majesty" she bowed in fright.

He went straight to the topic. "I want you to be my family, to be mine"

The girl had a calm expression as she bowed and replied. "I can't your majesty"

"Why?"

"Be..because I'm evil"

"And I'm the king of evil, we're a perfect match!"

She didn't understand what he meant by making her his.

"Your Majesty I'm sorry but I should just stay away"

Shen Xiang heaved a long sigh and told her. "I've known you since a very long time" he spoke calmly.

The girl was calm and gentle as she curtseyed and responded. "W..where Your Majesty?"

"In my dream" he responded.

Dream?

"I want you to come with me to the palace" he said. "I want you to be my life partner, you've always being" 

The girl was quiet, but she was also inquisitive.

'How?'

 She was trapped in darkness throughout all these years. How was she his life partner?

Shen Xiang could guess that she was curious, but how would he reveal everything to her?

"Just follow me to the palace" he tried to persuade her. "You know that I'm not..."

"You don't know me?" She cuts him off. "You don't know who I am"

"I said I do" he wished she knew about how he had being seeing her in his dream ever since he turned 10.

The girl chose to shut up in other continue pondering.

He held her hand, and continued speaking. "You might be young but you mean so much to me, I really want you to be my bride forever..." He wanted to call her name but suddenly realized that she had none. 

"I'll give you a name" he offered with a sweet smile on her face.

"But perhaps we should go to the palace first"

"A name?" She repeated. "As in, what you'll call me?"

Shen Xiang nodded, he then stretched out his right hand for him to take. "Come on My Empress" he urged her.

Emperor, Empress that sounded almost the same.

The girl looked at his hand and at his face, before she gave him his.

Shen Xiang embraced her tightly as he felt a sudden joyful feeling flowing within him.

Even the young girl, she didn't know why she felt safe.

Seems like he remembered something, he released her from his embrace and held both of her hands, staring into her eyes.

"Will you marry me?" He asked gently.

'Marry?' what was the meaning of that word? 

"I want you to be with me forever" he stated. "I know you might feel somehow but trust me when I say that I really do need you in my life, you'd be with me forever as well in every circumstances" he sincerely spoke.

Her heart raced, she looked at him and responded. "But you don't know me? I don't have a name and a family, I'm just..."

"Take me as one, I'd be your family and we'd figure out our lives together"

"Our lives?" The curious girl asked again.

He nodded, pulling her into his embrace.

Even if she knew not what was happening, she felt safe, very safe being with the Emperor.

0