Your Name Is…
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After she took her bathe, Ping Ping and He Biyu led her out of the bathroom carefully so as to avoid falling.

They led her to the dresser which had a long mirror in a golden frame and lot's of oils on top of it.

"Seat Your Majesty" they told her.

The girl sat down on the stool and faced the mirror.

'Is this me?' she couldn't help but wonder if the person in the mirror was really her.

Small water droplets were still on her pretty white face, her long damp hair stuck to her back.

"I will clean your hair now Your Majesty" Said He Biyu.

The girl didn't like it when she was addressed the same way the Emperor was.

She couldn't wait to be given a name so that she'd tell them to call her that.

Being trapped in darkness was really bad, she was sure everyone everywhere and anywhere must have a name they call themselves, but she never had none.

She even wondered how she managed to exist?

If the Emperor was brought to life by a mother then she should also be, or did she fell from the sky to the ground?

She shook in fear when she felt a hand on her head, Ping Ping combed her soft hair and even added scenting oils to make it shine.

The girl watched from the mirror as Ping Ping attached some pretty dangling things on her hair. Even if she knew not what that things were, they were beautiful.

Some had different designs, flowers, butterflies and pearls.

The two maids left her long hair to fall down her back, they did a top knot at the middle and added the pretty hairpins on it.

When they were done with her hair, He Biyu handed her a small container which contained scenting oils. She told her to rub it on her skin.

"His Majesty said that you were hurt today, I can also see some red scratches on your skin, use this Your Majesty"

The girl smiled at her as she collected the oil from He Biyu, she applied it on her skin as instructed.

They were not much clothes inside the Wardrobe, Ping Ping and He Biyu would go shopping for that later on.

He Biyu brought a cream dress with pretty flower designs on it, the dress had long sleeves, a beautiful cross collar, and a white veil.

They helped her put on the dress and also wore a matching necklace for her.

As Ping Ping was about to wear the earring on the girl's ear, she discovered that the girl had no piercing there at all.

"Your Majesty, your ears..."

The girl knew an understood what they meant, all the women she had came across had something dangling on each of their ears.

"Would you help me with it?" She gently asked them.

"It could hurt Your Majesty" He Biyu wasn't sure if she would want to hurt this young girl. "It was supposed to be done the moment you were born Your Majesty" she furthered. "Didn't you wear one on the day of your hairpin ceremony Your Majesty? "

Hairpin ceremony?

The girl was tranquil, "I don't know that, what is it for?" She quickly asked.

The two maids almost exchanged shocked glances.

The hairpin ceremony was the most essential part of a female's life, why wouldn't this girl have one?

"Your Majesty, we would discuss with His Majesty later, if he would let us do the piercing for you" He Biyu assured her. "You still look pretty without the earrings anyways" she added in smile.

The girl blushed as she nodded.

"Maybe we should let you rest for now Your Majesty, just call us when you need us by sending the court lady outside"

The girl nodded, she waved to the two maids as they walked outside.

She stood up and wanted to take a walk around her chambers.

She was yet to move when she heard a knock on the door.

"Are you there My Empress?"

It was the Emperor!

She walked towards the door, and opened it.

He was standing there with a small smile on his lips, "May I come in?" He gently asked.

The girl bowed. "Yes Your Majesty"

Shen Xiang walked inside the room with his hands on his back, he looked around the room then asked her. "Do you like it here?"

The girl nodded in a smile.

Shen Xiang took her hand and walked towards the patio with her, the girl was mesmerized by the beauty of the place.

They were lot's of flowers and butterflies.

Shen Xiang helped her seat on a stool gently, and he sat down beside her.

"Thank you Your Majesty" even if she was feeling very shy, she tried to thank him.

This man was way more older than she was and he was treating her with such kindness.

Shen Xiang looked for a way to begin the discussion with her.

"So you really don't know your parents?"

What kind of question was this? 

She earlier told him that she had no family.

"Yes Your Majesty" she nodded.

"Then where have you been? Who raised you? Did you just grew up all by yourself?" He queried curiously.

"Darkness" she responded. "I don't know how I got here, and I don't know anything regarding myself"

What sort of...

Shen Xiang recalled the sorcerer's words, his future wife would be someone surrounded with mysteries and deep secrets.

"I will help you figure out what happened" He told her.

The girl looked at him and nodded.

The Emperor took her small soft hand. "I really do like you" he messaged her knuckles. "But you're still too young. Do you know how old you are?"

What kind of question is this?

"I know nothing about myself"she answered.

"You're still very young" he remarked. "I don't think you're up to seventeen years old"

The girl was quiet.

"I'm twenty three years old" he told her.

The girl smiled. "You're not young right?" She asked.

Shen Xiang smiled. "Maybe, but I am still young, I didn't say fifty years old"

They both laughed.

Shen Xiang held her hand tighter. "Speaking of young, I've found a name for you"

The girl's eyes glittered in hope as she looked at him.

"You're mild, calm and beautiful so I found a matching name, but promise me that you'll accept the name wholeheartedly."

She nodded. "I've always wanted one"

"Perhaps you can be using my surname for now until I figure out yours." He kept her at the edge of her seat. 

She nodded impatiently

"Your name is Shan"

 

0