Empress And Future Empress
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shan" she repeated.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"I don't have a choice Your Majesty" She smiled. "I do, and thank you for naming me"

"You don't have to thank me, it's what I should do Shan My Empress" 

She smiled. "Why do you always call me that?" She queried.

"You don't like it?" He asked quite surprised.

"Yes" she nodded. "Do you think I have a family Your Majesty?" She suddenly asked him.

Shen Xiang wondered why she would ask that question, but he nodded.

 "Everybody has one" he responded then proceeded to explain everything to her. "You were brought to life by a father and a mother" he told her.

She looked up at him inquisitively. "But where do you think mine are? Or did they dumped me there by themselves? Didn't they wanted me?" She lowered her head, thinking about how good it would have being if she had her parents with her.

Shen Xiang held her right hand and comforted her. "Of course, no parents don't want their child, not to mention an angel like you" he said. "Don't worry much okay? You'll know what happened to your parents soonest" he assured her.

Shan looked at him and nodded gently with a small smile on her face. "If it would be bothersome for you Your Majesty then you can leave it, I'll try to find out myself" the fact that he allowed her to stay in the palace was like a dream to her, not to mention bothering him with checking her past.

Shen Xiang chuckled. "It's not a problem, you're my wife, I'd do anything for you"

Shan was speechless, "Thank you Your Majesty" she curtseyed, and quickly remembered something. "Please can you tell Miss Ping Ping and He Biyu to stop calling me Majesty?" She asked adorably. "I have a name now"

"But it's important, since you're my wife they'd have to address you like they do to me." He explained.

"But I don't like it when I'm called that name, they should call my name now"

"Just do this for me My Empress" he told her calmly.

She didn't say anything, she only lowered her head and seemed to be lost in thoughts.

Shen Xiang noticed that there were no piercing in her ears, she was only wearing a necklace and no earrings.

"As the Empress and the Future Empress of Hechang, you must be adorned in jewelries all time, and that includes having some in your ears" he explained.

She looked at him, understanding what he was trying to say.

"If you are thinking about the pain, then we could leave it, you're still my angel" he quickly added, not wanting to see her cry.

"No, it's not like that Your Majesty, I want to have one" she reassured him.

"Fine then, I'll instruct someone to get it done for you" he smiled and stood up. "I'd be leaving now, I still have more things to attend to. Ask the maids for anything you want okay?"

She nodded. "Thank you Your Majesty"

"You can call me Xiang" he told her in a smile. 

Her face burned, she couldn't imagine calling the Emperor by his name.

"That would be inappropriate Your Majesty" she bowed as she spoke.

"It might be inappropriate to others but it's the most appropriate thing for you" he emphasized. "I want to hear you call my name My Empress" he added before he walked out of the room.

Shan sat down there like a statue as she couldn't believe what he just told her.

It felt like a dream to her.

She never thought she would blindly follow someone she met at the forest, who happened to be the Emperor himself, what did he really find interesting in her?

He even called her his wife, and soul partner.

Why?

It was not bad finding shelter right?

Now that she found shelter, she had to concentrate on digging out her past, she must know the hidden things related to her.

She was surely brought to life by a mother, she was sure about that.

She sighed as she stood up to look around for a while before night falls.

Ping Ping had promised to show her around the palace tomorrow. Since she was their new Empress, she would surely have to know every nook and cranny of the palace.

Meanwhile, the moment he left his wife's room, Shen Xiang hurriedly went to meet Sorcerer Zhou.

He was yet to let him know that his wife was within the palace, but there was something strange about her.

He opened the wooden door of Sorcerer Zhou's apartment and entered.

The old man whose eyes were fixated on a large boiling cauldron shook in fear as the door was slammed.

He knew it, no one except His Majesty would open the door that way.

His apartment was quite spacious, there were lot's of sorcery books lined up on a brown shelf atop the wall, the large window was opened so that the smoke could waft out freely without engulfing the room.

Sorcerer Zhou was quite old, he had plenty of gray hair, he was dressed in a long brown robe always carried a wooden staff with him wherever he went.

After regaining his composure, he curtseyed. "Your Majesty, I'm surprised to see you here"

"I'm sorry for barging in" knowing fully that he was quite rude, Shen Xiang apologized.

Sorcerer Zhou was taken aback, 'His Majesty just apologized?' then perhaps the reason why he came was not about him.

"I've found the girl, she's here right now" 

Sorcerer Zhou of course knew who His Majesty was talking about.

"You should take her to see the soothsayer Your Majesty, he could predict her future" Was all the old man said as he walked towards his cauldron to check the boiling content.

"I want to know more about her" Shen Xiang began. "I want to know about her birth, her parents and everything else..." He paused. "I can't study her mind"

"Your Majesty, this wife of yours is someone very powerful" the sorcerer paused in other to lengthen the Emperor's suspense. "In a nutshell, she's the fragrance while you are the poison!"

A/N

Traditionally, a girl after the age of 15 is no longer a child and is suitable for marriage.

So in this novel, Shan shouldn't be that considered underaged because it's historical. But rest assured, they ain't any * scenes.

0