Lot’s To Learn
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fragrance? What do you mean by that?" Shen Xiang found Sorcerer Zhou's words confusing.

He was used to the Sorcerer calling him Poison, and he knew that it was what he really was, but why would he call his wife fragrance? 

What kind of fragrance?

"She is no ordinary lady" Zhou continued. "If you bring her here some days, I would see her myself Your Majesty. In the meantime, you should let her learn things that girls of her age learn, especially when she's now affiliated with a royal person like you. That's all I got to say Your Majesty"

Shen Xiang didn't say anything, he just nodded and walked out.

It was time for dinner already, he badly wanted to see his wife and maybe perhaps feed her the food if she wants.

As he arrived at the dinning room, he met her sitting down with her two maid servants.

She seemed to be interested in what they were telling her that she didn't even notice his entrance.

"Hechang is the largest of all Empire, currently Your Majesty you are at the capital city called Zuwang" Ping Ping told her.

"That's amazing, are there anymore..."

"Have you eaten something My Empress?" They heard the Emperor's voice.

Ping Ping and He Biyu bowed as Shen Xiang walked towards his wife with a handsome smile on his face.

This Emperor really liked his wife, imagine the name he even calls her.

Shan nodded her head like a little kid. "Yes Your Majesty, thank you"

"Your Majesty" A tall elderly woman called Shen Xiang. 

Shen Xiang turned to look at her. "Yes Lady Huaqing?"

"Her Majesty is very good at learning things. She still remembers the names of the cities we told her, and also the names of almost everything we showed her" Lady Huaqing told the Emperor.

Shen Xiang wasn't surprised, it was what he expected from his little wife.

"Her Majesty should learn calligraphy, dancing, singing, reading and writing, it is very important for her" Lady Huaqing continued intelligently. It was easy to offend the Emperor, so she must be very careful with her words, especially when she was mentioning his wife.

"Hmm" was the response Shen Xiang gave as he sat beside his wife. "Do you want to learn all these My Empress?" He gently asked.

Shan's eyes glittered in excitement. "Yes, I do Your Majesty" she responded.

"Very well then" Shen Xiang nodded as he turned to Lady Huaqing. "Find someone who's capable then bring them to me first"

He trusted the head maid with such a job.

Lady Huaqing bowed. "Yes Your Majesty." She turned to Shan. "Good night Your Majesty"

Shan smiled at her. "Goodnight Lady Huaqing"

"You have a lot to learn My Empress" Shen Xiang began. "But also take your time so that you can understand all of them very well okay?"

Shan nodded. "Thank you Your..."

"Shen Xiang or Xiang" he interrupted her with a smile.

Shan shook her head slightly, she would never call him by his name even if he gave her the permission to.

To her, she was less special than the people who called him with his royal title.

She couldn't wait to begin learning tomorrow.

She was glad that she would learn how to read and write, she could be like other girls of her age.

She and Shen Xiang were left on the table, he was already done with his meal but was unwilling to leave.

"Will I begin the lessons tomorrow Your Majesty?" She asked him sweetly. 

Only God knows how glad she would be to be able to read and write.

"The teachers would be in the palace tomorrow, but I'll have to see them first" Shen Xiang responded, he could feel the eagerness inside her.

"How about fighting?" She asked again.

When she was still at the city, she had seen a few people holding large sharp objects clashing them at each other.

"Martial arts?" Shen Xiang was quite surprised. Who would want to see this little girl holding a sword? "You want to learn that too?"

She nodded excitedly. "Yes, so that I could protect myself with it"

"Fine" he would do anything for her. "I'll train you then"

Shan thought she was hearing wrongly.

This Emperor wants to teach her how to fight?

"Don't you like it that way?" He asked gently.

Shan was silent, she seemed to be pondering about something, before she turned to look at him and nodded. "But I hope it wouldn't be a..."

"It's not one, you're my wife and I'll do anything for you" he smiled.

"Thank you Your Majesty" Shan bowed.

"Goodnight Your Majesty" she curtseyed.

"It's Xiang and don't bow" he helped her rise. "Goodnight My Empress"

Shan smiled, she didn't respond so as to avoid him from telling her to call his name.

She only did a slight bow and walked inside.

Shan could still feel the Emperor's gaze on her back, she only managed to concentrate while ascending the stairs.

She finally arrived at her room and sank on the small stool.

She would be unable to sleep with such jeweleries on her neck and head, so she proceeded to take them off one by one.

Her eyes suddenly fell on something in the balcony, it seems to be standing on the handrail there.

It appeared to be a living thing, with long legs and a stocky body, or was that it's wings?

Since she knew not much things, almost everything piqued her interest.

She stood up and opened the patio door, and she saw that white mighty bird from the last time.

It was only then did she realized that the bird was extremely beautiful. Though she couldn't tell what kind of bird it was, but it had a pretty white crest on the middle of it's head, an average long beak, and a pair of...Is it golden eyes?

"Hey!" She walked towards it. "How did you find me here?" She asked it, contemplating whether to pat it's soft white wings or not. "You left before I could even thank you" she furthered. "May I know who sent you?"

The bird just looked at her, as if saying. 'I belong here too'

"Just speak to me please"

"Your Majesty, animals don't talk" Shan was startled when she heard Ping Ping, but she quickly regained her composure.

She patted it's neck and answered. "Yes I know, I just feel that this could talk"

"That's the Jade Crane,His Majesty's pet" Ping Ping told her but she dared not come closer to it.

"It must like you very well to come close to you Your Majesty, it doesn't go near anyone" added He Biyu in fear.

If not for the fact that the bird belonged to the Emperor, she would have called it dangerous.

Shan was quiet as thoughts ran through her mind.

"So His Majesty had sent it to give me the food that day?"

0