A Long Story
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following morning, the overexcited Shan could be said to be the first person to wake up, she quickly bathed herself before her maid servants could show up.

Her wardrobe was already filled with different kinds of dresses and accessories, she chose a bright violet dress to wear.

As she stood in front of the mirror to comb her hair, she heard a knock on the door.

Wondering who it was, she went there to get it opened.

"Good morning Your...ah! Your Majesty you're already dressed" Ping Ping was stunned.

She never thought that her majesty could handle all the dressing up herself.

Shan smiled, looking very pleased with herself. "Good morning Miss Ping Ping"

"Your Majesty, instead of stressing yourself by coming to open the door for us, you can just tell us to come in" He Biyu told her. She found her behavior quite funny.

Shan nodded as she walked towards the stool to sit.

"Your Majesty, Lady Huaqing is here with Old Yang, she would be the one to pierce your ear" said He Biyu.

Shan looked very glad, "Where is she?" She asked.

"She's coming"

There was another knock on the door, Lady Huaqing and an old looking woman came inside the room.

The woman was wearing a dark blue dress, she had a lot of gray hair, and she held a small box in her hand.

"Greetings Your Majesty" She almost bowed, but Shan stopped her.

Why would this woman, old enough to be her grandmother bow to her?

Tsk.. people of royalty must really know who the elders are.

"Your Majesty, I'm Yang, I'm here to pierce your ear as per his Majesty's orders" she had a crack and shaky voice.

There was no doubt that she was in her late seventies.

"Thank you Aunt[1], when do we proceed?" Shan politely asked to the old woman's surprise again.

She never thought that the Emperor's wife could be this respectful.

"If you're fine with it then we can start now"

"Okay"

Shan quickly sat down on the stool while Old Yang opened the small box she was holding, she brought out a few instruments that Shan couldn't recognize. "It will hurt Your Majesty, you should wait since it's just once" she told her.

Shan nodded, she was ready to take the pain.

So far she was a female, she must have some jeweleries on her ears, it was inevitable.

"Please can you get me one of her majesty's earrings?" The old lady turned to ask Ping Ping. "And an oil" she added.

Ping Ping nodded like a child and quickly ran towards the wardrobe to get the earrings and the oil the old lady had requested.

"Since it's just the first time please let them be little ones" The old lady quickly added.

"Of course"

Ping Ping came with a pair of small gold earrings with red gems at the center.

Shan was as gentle as a horse as the old lady pressed her earlobe with her warm fingers, she then inserted the earrings carefully.

Shan closed her eyes as she felt a slight pain on that spot, it felt as though a needle was being inserted there.

After the piercing of her second ear, she felt a sharp pain on her head, she felt as the things around her were spinning.

"Are you alright your majesty?" He Biyu asked in concern.

Shan couldn't answer, she only saw a blurry reflection of herself on the mirror before she closed her eyes.

"Your Majesty!" He Biyu was horrified, as she used her hand to support Shan's back to prevent her from falling from her seat.

"She passed out" she looked at the Old Lady.

There was a gentle look on the old woman's face. "It must hurt her, have it been it was done the moment she was born, she wouldn't have felt much pain" she said. "But make sure you always apply oil and warm water for her there. Her Majesty would be alright"

Two hours later....

Shan weakly opened her eyes, she felt relieved and wondered what had happened to her and how long she had slept.

"Are you alright My Empress?" She heard that familiar masculine voice.

Shan quickly sat up on the bed and nodded. "Yes, yes I'm fine your majesty"

Shen Xiang felt a sense of relief, but he still hated to see her in pain.

Though she looked very pretty wearing the earrings but it wasn't worth the pain it caused her, she still looked good without wearing them.

Shan didn't know what he was thinking about, but she guessed that he felt sorry for her getting hurt.

"Your Majesty," she gently called him. "Are the teachers here?"

To say the truth, the teachers were there, but due to the fact that she was suddenly hurt, Shen Xiang told them to return some other time.

"They were" he responded.

"Were?" Shan asked. "B...But"

"Shh" he placed a finger on her pink plump lips. "Get better first, we got lot's of time"

Shan was sad, she almost cursed herself for fainting.

She was eager to start learning how to read and write, why would this ear piercing ruin her big day?

She turned to look at the patio, her eyes fell on that white mighty bird she saw yesterday.

Shan quickly jumped out of bed and walked out to meet it.

"You're here" she patted it's neck.

Shen Xiang followed her outside. He wasn't surprised to see his pet trying to get close to his wife.

He patted it's small head. "When did you arrive Majesty?" He asked.

"Majesty?" Shan looked at him in surprise

Shen Xiang nodded. "That's his name"

"I already gave her Little Precious, I thought she was a female" she told him.

"It's a male" Shen Xiang responded in a small laugh.

She already even had a name for it.

"How did you find it Your Majesty? You did send it to give me food didn't you?" She queried with curiosity written all over her face.

"That's a long story"

0