Helping An Outsider
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A..A long story?"

Shen Xiang sighed before he responded "I'll tell you some other time My Empress, now rest"

Shan was unwilling to leave the beautiful bird. "I want to be with Majesty"

Shen Xiang took a cold look at his bird, understanding what it's master just told him, Majesty flapped it's mighty white wings and flew away.

"Your Majesty, you did told it to leave didn't you?" Shan was quite disappointed.

"Yes" Shen Xiang shrugged. "It should let you rest"

She has no other choice but to shut up just like her husband had instructed her.

Shan walked into the main room in defeat.

She couldn't believe that she would have to remain idle throughout the day, oh why wouldn't this Emperor understand that she was quite better?

It was only ears she pierced, she wasn't bitten by a snake.

She sank on the edge of the bed, looking around everywhere in boredom.

Shen Xiang sat beside her and patted her back and told her gently. "Relax My Empress, a week is not a year okay?"

A week?

Shan almost had a heart attack.

She was already bored in a day, what about a week?

"Your Majesty, please I want to start learning tomorrow, I have a lot to learn" she pleaded, knowing that it would be quite difficult to convince him.

Shen Xiang looked at her. "That's exactly what I'm trying to say, you have a lot to learn so you must get better"

"But I didn't say I'm..."

"A week is not a year, anymore ranting and I'll make it a month. Should I try?" Shen Xiang interrupted her.

Shan lowered her head, her eyes glued to the designs printed on her dress.

She didn't know when tears fell off her eyes.

Shen Xiang was astonished to see her cry so easily, he did nothing to her, he only said she should wait for a week. He was yet to even turn it into a month and she was already crying like a baby.

He patted he back gently. Even if he wanted her to get better, tears is what he never wants to see on her face.

Anything that would make his wife drop a tear, then he would get rid of it immediately.

"Fine I accept, you'll begin lessons tomorrow" he threw his hands in the air in defeat.

Shan raised her head to look at him.

"His Majesty would change his mind" she spoke almost in a whisper.

Shen Xiang almost broke into laughter. "I won't change my mind, it is what Her Majesty wants so I will do it"

Shan felt quite relieved, she lowered her head as if to curtsey and thanked him. "Thank you..."

"Xiang" he interrupted. "Stop thanking me" he furthered. "It makes me feel like I'm helping an outsider. I'm your husband" he stood up. "I will have to take a leave now, see you later My Empress"

Shan only curtseyed as he walked out of her room.

'Oh my goodness! I'm tired of seating alone here' She almost cried.

She badly needed to do something.

She tied her loosed hair in a bun, and slid her feet into her shoes.

She descended the stairs, looking for something reasonable to do.

She thought about going to see The Empress Dowager, but what if the Emperor doesn't want her to go there?

He never mentioned his mother to her even if they've met before.

He had been warm and kind to her, so making him angry is what she should avoid doing.

Shan finally decided to take a walk around the palace, if that could kill her boredom.

She wanted to see more of the palace beauty and explore lot's of places around.

She was about to leave the main palace when she heard a soft voice calling her from behind.

"My Dear"

She turned back.

It was that motherly figure with a gentle-looking face.

The Empress Dowager was dressed in a blue and red gown with a few ornaments on her thick black hair.

Shan instantly bowed. "Greetings Your..."

"It's Mother" Ye Hua corrected as she helped her rise. "I'm your Mother-in-law"

"I'm sorry your... I mean Mother"

Ye Hua smiled, she liked everything about the girl, her appearance, voice, and demeanor.

"What's your name my dear?" She asked softly.

"My name is Shan Your... Mother"

"That's a very pretty name" she remarked. "Xiang must have given it to you right my dear?"

Shan nodded. "Yes Your..." She instantly shut up, nodding was enough.

Ye Hua smiled warmly. "You're welcome to the Imperial Palace once again Shan my dear"

"Thank you Mother" she smiled.

"If Xiang agrees then one day, you can come and spend the day with me, I'll show you around my palace" Ye Hua furthered.

Shan felt very warm and touched by hearing her voice, she nodded gently with a smile.

But why wouldn't the Emperor allow her to visit his mother?

The Empress Dowager didn't ask Shan anymore questions because she was cognizant of all what the Sorcerer and the Soothsayer said about her future daughter-in-law.

'She would be someone surrounded by mysteries and dark secrets'

'Poor child' she remarked inwardly.

Shan stood there without saying a word, a court lady came over.

"Greetings Your Majesties" she bowed to the both of them, then turned to Ye Hua. "Your Highness, Viscountess Ying is here"

The Empress Dowager's face turned sour, why would this woman disturb her on a beautiful day like this?

"I should take my leave now your... Mother" Shan wasn't ready to see any visitors, she knew that a lot of people would ask the Empress Dowager about her if they saw her.

"Of course my dear, I'll see you later" Ye Hua patted Shan's back, and she left.

Shan then proceeded to visit the Palace Garden.

It was beautiful in there, and she had a feeling that she was no longer on earth, but in heaven.

'Does such a place exist in this world?'

There were different kinds of rare flowers, a shiny blue lake, lot's of green trees, different kinds of colorful birds, and lastly, butterflies!

Each flowers she touched, becomes wider and prettier, the butterflies also followed her around like she was a flower herself.

Shan remembered that she had done this before at the place where she founded herself.

But she couldn't understand how...

0