19. A Yandere’s Wonderland
3.6k 19 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Albedo PoV:
 
Location: Throne Room, 10th Floor of The Great Underground Tomb of Nazarick
 
Albedo waited kneeling beside the throne for three more minutes after the Supreme Being had left the throne room. She then exhaled and slowly got up gracefully before turning towards the others who were present in the throne room.
 
They too got up after witnessing Albedo standing. This delay was simply because Albedo had been placed in a higher position than the rest of them by the Supreme Beings.
 
The area guardians, maids and others left the throne room as they knew that the higher ranking members of Nazarick would be having a conversation. Albedo walked down the stairs towards the gathering of guardians in the centre of the hall.
 
“Demiurge, I will hand over all my work to you by tomorrow. We can also schedule a meeting and make a plan to carry out Lord Ainz’s orders,” She spoke in her usual calm voice. Moreover she was thankful for the assistance Demiurge had provided.
 
She did technically get a date with her Lord Ainz due to him. Maybe Lord Ainz would summon her to grace his bed. If she was able to make the outing romantic enough, it might just be possible.
 
Moreover, her daughter would also be accompanying them. So it will be like a little family outing.
 
Maybe she can show Lilith the ropes by demonstrating how to dispose those insects that had tried to take over the Sorcerer Kingdom. A lesson from a demon to another demon. Mother to daughter.
 
No, it would be more like a game. Yes, an entertaining hunting game where they would exterminate all the pests together.
 
“Of course. There is lot’s to be discussed. We have to successfully carry out Lord Ainz’s orders after all. Not to mention, we get to witness Lord Ainz’s creation of YGGDRASIL in person.” Demiurge happily agreed to what she said. It seemed that he could also see that his actions had caused Albedo to be happy.
 
Sure, he might not have intended to do so. He was neutral in supporting either her or Shalltear, but that was beside the point. It did not change the fact that his actions benefitted her.
 
“Don’t get too cocky, you wide mouthed gorilla. You just pulled the lucky straw this time. Just wait, next time it will be me accompanying Lord Ainz and the young lady,” Shalltear vengefully declared.
 
“If there is a next time you can try to do so. But by then I would have already won Lord Ainz’s heart and the young lady will consider me her mother,” Albedo replied calmly once more. She was winning the race. There was no need to get angry over Shalltear who was gritting her teeth.
 
“We had a conversation about serving the offspring of the Supreme Beings when we had just reached the New World. Who would have thought that the chance came so soon?” Demiurge broke up any possibility of Shalltear picking another fight with what he said.
 
The conversation he spoke of was not new to anyone. Even if only Demiurge, Mare and Cocytus had taken part in the conversation back then, they had spoken about this topic with everyone else later. Albedo was no exception either.
 
“Ah. Yes. I. Have. Been. Thinking. About. This. Ever. Since. Lord. Ainz. Mentioned. The. Young. Lady. Maybe. She. Will. Call. Me. Uncle…Hmm. Yes. Uncle” Cocytus’s mind wandered off as he fantasized the fulfilment of his dream.
 
“That aside, I wish you luck in becoming the young lady’s mother figure. As fragile as she is, she is ultimately a demon. Albedo taking care of her will ensure that she can walk down the right path. We wouldn’t want some random outsider to tempt the innocent young lady and fool her with lies, after all,” Demiurge spoke.
 
While Shalltear seemed to have issues with the fact that according to Demiurge, only Albedo was suitable as Lilith’s mother figure, everyone agreed about the second part of what he spoke.
 
Just imagining such a scenario like that, which could very possibly happen according to her limited understanding         of Lilith, it made her blood boil with rage.
 
“Those insects that tortured her and that damned Being-X must be exterminated. I believe no one has any issues with this as Lord Ainz himself wishes so.” She raged and dared anyone to deny this which luckily no one did.
 
“Wh-what did this b-being-X do tha-that made Lord Ainz so angry?” Mare fumbled and enquired. They did not know the exact details of what had transpired.
 
Albedo recounted everything that had happened a few days back when Lord Ainz had tried to heal Lilith but failed due to Being-X’s curse and their conversation afterwards.
 
“How dare that piece of trash…” “Must destroy…” “KILLL…”
 
It took a minutes for the throne room to regain its earlier decorum. Albedo gladly watched all of this with a sadistic smile.
 
“But why did Being-X target the young lady specifically? She is still innocent and naive” Aura naively asked.
 
“Obviously, this is Being-X’s attempt to target the Supreme Beings. It teleported Lord Ainz and all of Nazarick to the New World so that we could not interfere and save her. It then proceeded to torture and brainwash her into worshipping it.
 
If we had not saved her in time, it might have succeeded as the young lady has already forgotten her father.” Albedo gently explained her deductions to the young elf.
 
That filth that tried to make Lilith worship it will be exterminated anyway. It had already been decided ever since she heard about it. In fact, she had almost realistic dreams about gleefully torturing Being-X these days.
 
These dreams made her satisfied and angry at the same time as they consumed some of the dream time that was dedicated to sweaty hot action with Lord Ainz. The frequency and time of having these priceless fantasies had decreased significantly.
 
Internally, she was feeling gleeful about the second part. Not the fact that her precious daughter had been tortured but that she did not know her father. Lilith did not need to remember that worthless creator of hers. He did not even have the decency to look after her precious Lilith.
 
Lilith was now under Lord Ainz’s care and he would be a much better father figure. Of course, Albedo also felt the need to get her secret unit prepared once more. That would not be difficult as she could do so under the guise of being prepared against the powerful enemies on Earth.
 
If what Lord Ainz had predicted was true, then the other members of the guild might return soon. That had to be prevented at all costs. Lord Ainz was the supreme ruler of Nazarick. The others were unnecessary.
 
How she would go about achieving this would require in-depth consideration. Demiurge might be her biggest challenge in doing so but that could be overcome with enough preparation. This was all for the glorious future.
 
“I agree with Albedo on this. A young and inexperienced offspring of a Supreme Being would be the ideal target to weaken Nazarick. If Being-X was able to successfully target her, the Supreme Beings would be devastated.” Demiurge agreed with her opinion.
 
*Thud* Cocytus slammed his halberd onto the floor, having seemingly woken up from his dreams at some point of time and spoke:
 
“We. Can’t. Change. The. Past. Where. We. Failed. In. Protecting. The. Young. Lady. But. Now. We. Have. The. Chance. To. Atone. By. Fulfilling. Our. Duties. As. Guardians. Especially. As. The. Young. Lady. Will. Need. To. Be. Protected. In. Other. Worlds.”
 
No one had any issues with what he said. Albedo knew this was their intention anyway. Their duties as guardians would be on the rise in this dangerous world as well while protecting Lilith at the same time.
 
Albedo herself was internally conflicted. As the guardian overseer, it was hard for her to be away from her administrative duties. It was also necessary for her to accompany Lord Ainz in taking care of Nazarick and its affairs.
 
Despite this, a part of her wanted to accompany her cute daughter to other worlds. Sorry, daughter’s’. She did have two of them, after all. Albedo had not forgotten about Lilith’s cute alter-ego that had showed up briefly at the feast.
 
 
But anyway, this was mainly the reason she was feeling thankful for Demiurge’s assistance. Since with his suggestion, she could accompany Lord Ainz and Lilith at the same time.
 
“Well, we can continue our discussion at a later time. I will be leaving now so that I can have everything prepared,” Albedo informed them. Seeing that no one had anything else to say, she rubbed her ring finger which held the ring Lord Ainz had given her and teleported to her chambers.
 
Her chambers looked vastly different from a few of months back. The flag of Ainz Ooal Gown was still dropped on the floor disgracefully while Lord Ainz, no Lord Momonga’s flag was hung on the wall.
 
But other than that there were multiple neatly folded new sets of clothes that lined the room. Of course, these were not her clothes. These were all clothes she made for Lilith. They varied in sizes and were differentiated by age. These were made before Albedo saw Lilith so she had let her imagination run wild.
 
On the bed, there were also multiple Lilith dolls that lay next to the giant doll which resembled Lord Ainz. She held a life size Lilith doll that was placed on her table hugged it tightly with a flush on her face.
 
“Haa, Lilith…LILITH…Why are you so cute? It’s like you have awoken a part of my mind that I didn’t know I had. Will mine and Lord Ainz’s child be as cute as you, I wonder? But you will ALWAYS be MY daughter regardless…”
 
Albedo had not had much time to bond with her cute daughter and now she had a chance to do so. If Lilith sincerely considered Albedo her mother, she would also be closer to winning over Lord Ainz.
 
Imagining Lilith cutely calling her mother made Albedo’s imagination run wild. She considered herself the perfect mother and she would prove to be so.
 
Those insects in the New World better provide enough value for her and Lilith’s precious bonding time. But for now, she will go release some stress by torturing those prisoners after handing over her work to Demiurge.
 
That was now her de-facto relaxing activity in the compulsory free time that Lord Ainz had allotted for everyone, including her. And she sure as hell did feel fresh and relaxed after doing so.
 
***
With this the background setup for the story is over. The main storyline will begin from the next chapter. The chapters to this point ended up much slower paced than I had imagined and I ended up adding more stuff I had not planned for.
 
Regardless, I hope you liked reading so far. Enjoy reading!~

65