Chapter 13
179 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm very surprised you noticed me..."

The moment the huge silhouette stepped into the light and revealed his appearance, Hiroyuki immediately recognized who it was. Actually, before the figure even reveals itself, he already has an idea who it might be.

He doesn't even need to ask a single thing to find that out.

Well, at this point, thanks to Senjumaru's highly questionable intel, Hiroyuki is already pretty knowledgeable about the World and its inner workings, especially the note-worthy figures he needed to be aware of.

One of those figures is the exact person that stood in front of him.

Toji Zenin, or commonly known within the Jujutsu Society as, the Sorcerer Killer.

A guy who possesses a Heavenly Restriction that gave him an absurdly strong Physical Body in exchange for not having a single drop of Curse Energy. 

But that's not all of it... because thanks to him possessing no CE, he is also practically undetectable for every Jujutsu Sorcerer, making him the ultimate assassin and one of the most dangerous people in the world right now.

Or at least, that's how it should've been.

Cause Toji, while stalking the Gojo Brothers earlier, mid-way, saw how the bearer of Six Eyes got a hint of his presence while just playing around. Although he was not seen cause he immediately backed off, the fact that he was detected is still a big issue.

But that's not even the most surprising fact for Toji. Cause, literally just upon his arrival, he quickly felt the immediate change in the Eldest one's aura. He noticed how all his muscles tensed up, the shift in breathing pattern, and even the subtle change in stance.

Clearly hinting that he was aware of his presence all along. 

But given that fact, the Gojo Brothers continued what they were doing and the Eldest one acted as if he did not notice anything at all. 

It's an invitation for him, he obviously realized what's happening.

If a Normal sorcerer were to feel his presence in this situation, if they could that is, then they would've run immediately for sure... but a brat who did not even reach his adulthood yet was acting like this towards him?

Toji was extremely amused by this, this is his very reaction, and that's why he decided to stick around till the end. 

"... I mean, I could understand the Six Eyes noticing me, but how did you?" Toji said while giving Hiroyuki a scrutinizing look, clearly trying to find out and understand more about him.

Hiroyuki on the other hand, seems to not care about him and looks very nonchalantly.

Or at least, that's how he's making it look to be. Because Toji, who has an ability that allows him to see even the slightest shift in the air movements, is aware that the kid in front of him, doesn't show any openings at all. 

In some sense, he could even say that the vibe around him is just like his for real. One could say that he's from a Zenin rather than Gojo's and he would most likely believe it.

It's to that extent.

"Well, it's simple really. Using my Curse Energy, I can increase my senses. Thanks to that, I managed to hear you while my brother and I were playing." 

"... I see, increase in senses huh? Is that your Curse Technique?"

Hearing Toji shamelessly throw another question at him again, Hiroyuki lightly sneered. 

"Isn't it my turn to ask questions now? It's give and take you know?"

"Huh? Is that what we're doing here?" 

"Obviously~"

"... I see, then go ahead. Ask your question."

After hearing that, Hiroyuki's expression suddenly changed from a nonchalant one to a pretty serious one before speaking again.

"Rumors said that you already quit a couple of months ago. So I'm greatly wondering what brought you here in our humble abode."

"..." Hearing the young Gojo in front of him speak, Toji became extremely curious as to how a kid like him, who's probably not even in his highschool yet, became aware of pieces of information like this.

Also, the way way Hiroyuki speaks, strangely enough, doesn't fit his appearance at all. For Toji, it doesn't feel like he's talking to a 12 years old kid, but someone of his age. 

"For you to know thIs much... I guess your Clan really values you huh." 

Toji said in a pretty sarcastic tone, clearly misunderstanding the current situation. Though Hiroyuki seems to have no plans on clearing it up.

"Does it matter?"

"... Not really. Anyway, I'm just here to see what the fuss is about, that's pretty much it. I got offers of course but I turned it all down. You don't need to be that serious about it."

"I see."

"Besides, if I'm here for a Job... you would know."

At that moment, the air between the two shifted. It's like sparks would go off given how intense they stare at each other. 

But it didn't last long since Toji decided to break the silence by giving off a short laugh. In the first place, all of this is just an amusement for him.

"I've seen everything I want. I'm already satisfied. I have no reason to stay here anymore." Toji said as he started walking back towards the bushes he came from, making his intent on leaving pretty clear.

"Wait..."

But before he disappeared back into the shadows, he stopped and looked back again when he heard Hiroyuki calling out to him.

"What is it now?"

"I have a request for you."

Hearing what he just said, Toji made a confused expression.

"Request? I thought you already knew that I already stopped taking jobs."

"It's not like that."

"Then what?"

"Let's try fighting. Right there. Right now. It doesn't have to be long, even a 10-minute fight would be fine." Hiroyuki said while pointing at a pretty open spot in the garden where they could most likely fight without any distraction.

Toji on the other hand, is even more confused while hearing all of this. He seriously cannot comprehend the thought process that this kid must have gone through to think that such an idea would be a good one.

Well, he is aware that Hiroyuki is not an ordinary kid. Before even coming here, he already knows a lot of stuff about the Rising Star of the Gojo Clan, who possesses such an unrivaled talent amongst his peers.

But still, imagine getting asked to a fight by a kid. And a kid asking a grown ass man, almost thrice his size to a fight. The thought of it is just crazy for Toji.

Even he was not like this when he was this young... or at least that's what he likes to think.

*sigh*

"Why did you even want to fight?"

"... Well, I actually wanted to test my strength out against a really skilled opponent for a pretty long time now. And It's not like i could pick a much better option now that you're here in front of me. Don't you agree, mister Sorcerer Killer?"

Finally knowing Hiroyuki's reason for wanting a fight out of nowhere, Toji snorted and shook his head. 

"I have no reason to fight a kid like you. It's only a bother for me. Plus, I don't work for free. If you wan-"

*thud!*

Out of nowhere, Toji had to paused mid-way through his sentence because he suddenly saw something flew towards his face.

Well, he easily catched it of course.

"What is this?"

Seeing what was just thrown at him, to his surprise, Toji saw a fat stack of bills in his hand.

"That's a million. Hopefully, that's enough for ten minutes of your time."

"... Are you serious right now?"

"Dead serious."

Toji then sighed heavily after that. He cannot help but shake his head as he thinks about how kids these days spend their money and how reckless they've become.

*ruffle*

Nonetheless, he still stuffed the given money in his inner pockets, keeping it as secure as possible.

Well, in Toji's defense, given how he already stopped taking works a couple of months ago, he's currently low on budget. 1 mil isn't that much obviously, but getting that amount when he only came here for the sole purpose of seeing the Six Eyes?

There's literally no reason to refuse such an offer. 

"No takebacks even if I beat you up." 

"... Of course. I'll even add another mil if you actually manage to do that."

"Really? Well... Looks like I'm eating good tonight." Toji said with a smile as both of them started walking towards the area where they were supposed to fight.

It didn't take them that long to arrive there as seconds later, both of them were now standing in front of each other...

"Ready?" Hiroyuki said, not wasting any more time as he quickly took his fighting stance, looking as serious as he had ever been.

"Always." Toji then replied in a pretty confident tone as he also... well, he was just standing there full of smiles. Probably thinking about what kind of food he'll bring home later. 

It's pretty obvious that he's not even taking this situation seriously. He's against a child who probably never experienced a real battle before, there's no way he'll need to be serious about it.

Well, for an experienced fighter like Toji, such a thought is valid.

*Thud!*

But, it seems that he would be proven wrong when all of a sudden...

____ To be continued... ____

10