Chapter 22 – There is a new animation studio in town
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shy sunlight gradually started to light up the streets of the town of Kisato. People began to wake up, another work day for some and others a school day.

With smiles on their faces, people were hurrying to their posts, while some were using cars, most of the people in Kisato used trams and the best way to pass time in trams is by visiting social media.

Acting like normal modern youth, a high school boy going by the name of Kawahara Kurou was looking through his Squirell timeline. As a massive anime fan, most of the posts he was seeing and liking had something to do with anime.
Here and there he saw some sponsored posts, most of them he just passed through but in one such post, he saw the name of his city, which was weird for him, as his town doesn’t have a lot to do with animation.

This post went something like this: “Ladies and gentlemen, people of Kisato, on |date| (we are leaving it blank as a surprise) the first Kisato animation studio is going to present you with a brand-new anime, finally putting this city on the animation map. The name of the anime is ‘Kuu Neru Futari Sumu’, an adaptation of the famous manga made by Higurashi-Sensei. A new gem in the Slice-of-Life genre, something that you will watch with smiles on your faces. In the next couple of days, we will share more information with you, on our Squirrel account - @NexusAnimation and we will share some snippets with you on our BigTube channel - @NexusAnimation. Look forward to it.”

“We have an animation studio? Wait I do remember something like that, an owner should be a foreigner but I didn’t hear much other than that, let me check what is the manga about and I will check out the anime, need to support local businesses, my mother always says.”

With just one post Nexus Animation gained one more watcher but the young boy wasn’t the only one getting interested. Kira decided to aim at the inhabitants of Kisato with his first promotional activities with the hope that they would watch the anime created by “their” anime studio.

He wasn’t just writing posts on social media, he also used money he had for some newspapers and radio ads – it took a big chunk of their budget but without a good promotion, nobody would watch this or more precise as they are a small and not known studio nobody would even know this anime existed.

Nexus Animation is a studio that is not totally unknown to the people of Kisato, after all, it is not really a normal thing for an Englishman to create an anime studio in Japan, so some stuff about them they knew. But for various reasons, the studio was not that successful with the few projects they had. So, the citizens gradually forgot about them.

This is something Kira wants to change, if he gets help from the locals, leading the studio will get easier for him.

Of course, he first needs to show them that he is serious about this and that he won't embarrass this beautiful city.

Other than the local promotional activities, he used social media and his BigTube channel to promote the new anime to the rest of the anime fans.
In couple a of weeks, a trailer will come out, also a snippet of the opening might be shown.

Now you might ask who is going to create a song for the opening. Well, this time Kira used a chance to arrange a meeting with a local, still unknown band, a band that might help Kira get rid of another headache.


If you want to read more chapters upfront check out my Patreon

Big thanks to GMANDYG0904 for supporting me on Patreon

0