Chapter 25 – Voice Actors and More Promoting
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The whole Nexus Animation was bustling with work. It wasn’t easy dealing with everything but the whole team had smiles on their faces. They were all pumped up and every day there was progress in their work.

While the team had an aura of happiness, a completely different feeling filled the office of their CEO.

Kira Rowe, with almost bloodshed eyes and his hands on his head, was on the verge of exploding. “Fuck, fuck, fuck.” In the last ten minutes, only the swearing was heard, with a couple of “sighs” in between.

You may wonder what is the problem now. Isn’t everything going well? But you should also remember the mentioned flag in the last chapter and so here comes the problems.

“And I thought this was dealt with, stupid fuckers, what do you mean we are sorry, your sorry ass is probably on the moon because of the more money you got…”

After he managed to secure the right for the anime adaptation, Kira immediately started to work on getting all the parts that were necessary to make an anime. One of those parts was voice actors.

Without voice actors, you just can’t make an anime in this day and age. The problem was and still is the money, so Kira had to get voice actors who weren’t yet at the top of the industry.

With his “top” negotiation skills he struck a deal with a voice actors agency and he thought that was it – he got the voice actors, but in business, you never can relax.

The agency got a better deal from another studio for the two voice actors who were supposed to voice the two main characters. Those two also are going to be paid better by that studio.

Kira also made a big mistake, as he only had an oral agreement with the agency, without making it all official, he was confident that because they weren’t that famous everything would be fine.

You know how Murphy’s law goes, he should have secured everything but with his hands full, Kira somehow put that off and this is what happened.

Ring, ring, banana phone

While Kira was swearing at himself and the agency, his phone started ringing.

Ding

“Hello my boy, how are you doing.”

Here comes the bubbly voice of Joshua Renji. Kira who was still in his suffering mode, replied plainly to his uncle.

“I want to jump from the bridge…”

“That badly, huh…Hear me out Kira, in business, nothing will always go to plan, when working on a project you can expect that problems will arise, no matter how small, now maybe it stings but those who can go through that with a calm head will in the end survive in this world.”

Kira may be an educated man, a person who was made for business, but no matter what, he is going to make mistakes, that’s just a part of him being human, and there is a need for him to keep his head up, and as a leader, that is just what he has to do.

“Huuuh”

Taking a deep breath, Kira tried to calm himself down. If there is something that can describe Kira Rowe, it would be that he is not a quitter and also not someone who would get all depressed if something doesn’t go his way. After all, he is probably the youngest CEO of an anime studio in Japan for a reason, not only because his father was the owner, as he would never try to put his son through all this if he didn’t believe he had what it takes to succeed.

“Thank you, uncle, you know I always appreciate your words of wisdom, by the way, what did you need me for?”

“Hahaha, always here to help my favourite nephew. I wanted to ask you about the promotion of the anime, stuff that we are doing on social media is giving us good results, but do you think we should spice it up a little bit more”

Nexus Animation from the beginning has been doing a bunch of promotions on social media, they even asked some famous internet personalities to promote them and Kira is going to step it up a notch even more because in this day and age, the Internet is a powerful tool for promoting your product and if used right one would see the profits it would bring.

“About that, I have a couple of ideas, other than asking BigTubers and streamers from other platforms to review our anime, we can do some stuff using our channel, for example – we can start by hyping up the trailer that should come next month, next maybe posting some anime art of the characters, also we can give them bits and pieces of the work our animators are doing, that should be a good way to promote both the anime and our studio.”

This conversation lasted for an hour or so, both of the men had a lot of ideas and they had to go through them all.

Next week Kira was notified by Toma Yuu that the production process was done and they could enter the post-production. The date of the release of their anime was nearing. The 7. of January is going to be it.


If you want to read more chapters upfront check out my Patreon

Big thanks to GMANDYG0904 for supporting me on Patreon

0