Chapter 108 – Luke’s Development Abilities!
420 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 108 - Luke's Development Abilities!

As the agent of Main God Space, Luke Ashburn, even after all attributes reach the full value of S: 999, can still become stronger.

Due to the influence of the agent identity, he won't be unable to progress without leveling up like other adventurers.

But after the basic abilities reached S rank, the 'acceleration' effect of Falna disappeared.

The growth after this will neither be accelerated nor recorded on his status.

This result gave Luke some speculation about Falna.

That is, Falna cannot act on the bonus traits given to Luke by the Main God Space.

Falna, through various factors like Luke's talent, potential, magic, skills, etc., ultimately determined that Luke's physical quality cannot surpass the S rank limit.

So, after the attribute value grows to its limit, it will lose the acceleration effect like other adventurers because, in Falna's view, Luke no longer has any room for improvement.

If this speculation is correct, then Luke has indeed made some progress, and a part of the attributes gained during the process of raising his attribute values to the max may come from the agent's bonus.

Of course, there is another possibility.

That is, reaching the max value of all attributes is something Luke can do on his own.

Assuming he was not an agent of the Main God Space but a native resident of this world.

Then, after receiving Falna, he could also raise all his attributes to S rank, which is Luke's own talent.

However, although this talent is amazing, it still falls within the range of people's comprehension.

As Riveria said, one can only reach the peak but cannot surpass the limit.

Luke is more inclined to the second possibility.

Luke indeed possesses an extraordinary 'sword' talent, but this does not mean he is inferior in other aspects compared to ordinary people.

In fact, he has quite a high talent in many areas, but these talents are far inferior compared to his 'swordsmanship talent'.

This can be seen from the time he learned Seisenjutsu.

Luke's learning speed and comprehension ability in spells, in the absence of the extraordinary 'sword' talent, are also at a genius level.

In theory, his magic aptitude should not be so poor.

But, Luke is not from this world; he comes from a world without any mystery.

In Asterisk City, if it weren't for triggering extra conditions to obtain the special power like Prana, he would not have been able to learn Seisenjutsu, nor even be able to use Lux armament.

Luke is not without talent in magic, but his body lacks the prerequisite for using magic.

Simply put, Luke only has the talent to use magic, but not the innate gift required to awaken it.

If the second possibility is correct, it means that the traits from the identity of being an agent are not recorded by Falna.

Luke cannot create miracles and break through this limit until his Falna perceives this 'anomaly'.

Originally, Luke had already given up on breaking through the S rank limit.

But when he upgraded to Lv2, one thing changed his mind.

'Development Abilities'

This is an ability that adventurers can additionally learn outside of their basic abilities.

The opportunity to learn it comes during 'rank up'.

Each time the level rises, it's possible to add 'development abilities' to the status.

This ability differs from attribute values in nature and does not belong to magic or skill category; it can further develop and strengthen special or professional abilities.

For example, a development ability 'Blacksmith' allows adventurers good at forging to forge even more powerful equipment, or a development ability 'Spearman' allows adventurers skilled in using spears to exert greater power when wielding them.

Development abilities are not guaranteed to appear with each rank up.

Whether one can obtain development abilities depends on whether the adventurer has any noteworthy experiences during the accumulation period of excelia.

If there are no noteworthy 'experiences' during this period, then even if one ranks up, they won't gain development abilities.

Conversely, adventurers may be presented with multiple development abilities to choose from during rank up.

As for what kind of development ability you will get, it depends on what actions the person with Falna has taken.

Each time an adventurer levels up, they can only choose one development ability, even if they have many development abilities to choose from.

However, which one to choose is up to their discretion.

Luke is now Lv4, and he has successfully obtained development abilities every time he leveled up.

The order they were obtained in is as follows:

- Swordsman

- Abnormal Resistance

- Monster Hunter

Among these three development abilities, the one that is not special and easier to understand is 'Abnormal Resistance'.

It's an ability that can resist almost all abnormal states such as poisoning, paralysis, etc.

Although this ability may not seem impressive, it is a very important ability for adventurers, and basically, most mature adventurers will specifically acquire it.

In the dungeon, one often encounters various attacks of unpredictable abnormal effect, as well as many malicious acts from other adventurers.

So, this development ability is quite practical in use.

Moreover, in the upper floors of the dungeon, you will encounter a monster called 'Purple Moth', which disperses poisonous powder.

It's difficult to combat this monster without 'Abnormal Resistance'.

However, it's also because of the existence of 'Purple Moth' that 'Abnormal Resistance' became relatively easy to obtain early on.

Originally, when Luke upgraded to Lv2, there were three development abilities to choose from: Swordsman, Hunter, Abnormal Resistance.

At that time, he chose Swordsman and gave up the other two development abilities.

At that time, because of the presence of the Hunter development ability, Luke had several days of discussion with Loki and Finn.

Because giving up the Hunter development ability was somewhat regrettable.

Hunter is a specialty development ability for dealing with monsters.

This ability allows adventurers to gain enhancement in all attribute values when encountering the same type of monster they have battled and gained 'experience points/excelia' from before.

This is a development ability that can only be obtained at Lv2, and once missed, there's no chance for regret.

The condition for this development ability to appear is by defeating a large number of monsters in a short period, which is quite difficult for ordinary adventurers.

It's a very precious and powerful rare development ability.

However, Luke still chose the Swordsman development ability in the end since that's where his talent lies.

Then, when upgrading to Lv3, he chose Abnormal Resistance from the list.

Fortunately, when he leveled up to Lv4, a development ability similar to Hunter but more powerful appeared.

That is 'Monster Hunter'.

This never-seen development ability is a high-level rare ability only Luke has acquired.

He had only this one development ability to choose from when he upgraded to Lv4.

The appearance of this development ability even caused a sensation at the time, and after obtaining Luke's consent, Loki told some information about this ability to the guild.

The new high-level rare development ability attracted the guild's high attention, and after some time of research and deduction.

Eventually, the way to obtain this development ability was determined to be:

An adventurer needs to discover the 'Hunter' development ability when ranking up to Lv2 and not select it.

Based on this, massively slaughtering monsters, defeating monsters above one's level in large quantities, even needing a lot of instant kills, will have a chance to discover this ability in subsequent rank-ups.

The effect of this development ability is that the adventurer gets an enhancement in all attribute values when encountering monster-type enemies.

These are the final deductions made by the guild, and whether there are mistakes in the way of obtaining and additional effects or side-effects that haven't been discovered, is currently unknown.

After all, this is the first appearance of this development ability, and the guild is just making a record and will not publicly disclose the information about Luke's development ability.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

 

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

23