Chapter 130 – The Last Thing Adventurers Need Is to Show Off!
288 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 130 - The Last Thing Adventurers Need Is to Show Off!

"When Raul suddenly ran over and said, 'Luke-san is treating us to a meal!!!', to be honest, I thought he was daydreaming."

"I didn't expect I would be seen as 'hard to approach' in your eyes."

Listening to Aki's words, Luke shook his head somewhat helplessly.

"I think the main reason is that people rarely see you two. After all, Luke-san and Ais-san spend less time at the base than even the higher-ups like the captain."

"Luke-san, I really admire you and Ais-san for becoming Lv4 adventurers so fast. You're second only to first-class adventurers at such a young age."

"Unlike me, it took almost three years just to upgrade to Lv2."

Raul's tone was noticeably downcast as he mentioned leveling up.

The time it took him to advance one level could elevate Luke and Ais by three levels.

This huge gap in talent made him genuinely respect them, while also inevitably feeling disappointed in himself.

Raul's mention of this and his self-deprecating tone also affected Aki next to him, with the black-haired catgirl's pointy ears drooping slightly.

In fact, this is one of the main reasons Finn doesn't allow Luke and Ais to interact too much with the regular members of Loki Familia.

Their existence, to ordinary adventurers or even to the so-called geniuses, is 'abnormal.'

Being surrounded by people they can never catch up to, no matter how hard they try – and not just one, but two – is a harsh reality that would devastate any adventurer.

Over time, it's easy to have thoughts of giving up and stop making progress.

"Raul, you shouldn't belittle yourself."

"You and Aki both upgraded to Lv2 in less than three years."

"There are plenty of adventurers in the city stuck at Lv1 for their entire lives, and there are many who took five or even ten years just to advance to Lv2."

"If you two have no talent, then at least half of the adventurers in Orario who are worse off than you wouldn't even have the right to enter the dungeon."

Luke's encouragement worked, as the gloomy expressions on Raul and Aki's faces faded somewhat.

"I, as your 'senior', guarantee that both of you can at least become Lv4 adventurers."

Luke wasn't just talking; these two really would become Lv4 adventurers in the future.

Even at the height of Loki Familia's glory days, besides the first-class executives, there were only a total of six Lv4 adventurers who could be named alongside them.

Raul and Aki belonged to that list.

Finn was even grooming Raul as a potential leader for the second team, making him one of the future core members outside the executives.

"It feels a bit unbelievable."

Hearing Luke's encouragement, Aki spoke with a very complicated tone.

"To be honest, I always thought you had an aloof personality, Luke."

"But after getting to know you, you are surprisingly approachable, even encouraging us ordinary members."

In Loki Familia, it's taken for granted that lower-level members serve higher-level ones, and conversely, higher-level members take care of lower-level ones during the process of exploring the dungeon.

It is rare for a high-level adventurer like Luke to thank someone weak for taking care of him, which completely subverts his image of a 'leveling maniac' in Aki's eyes.

"So as I said before, I'm not as unapproachable as you think."

Luke smiled, and as he was about to say more, their casual conversation was interrupted by someone.

Bang—! Bang—!

The brown-haired cat-eared waitress forcefully placed the food plates on their table.

"Nya, I said I'd come over to greet you later!"

"Nya, you ordered food without waiting for me?! Swordsman brother, how could you be so mean, nya!"

Anya, who came to serve the food, complained to Luke with a pout.

"Eh? I thought it was just a common courtesy!"

Anya's complaint somewhat confused Luke.

Over the years, Luke had become a regular at this tavern and was quite familiar with everyone here.

But he hadn't reached the point of personalized service yet.

Bang—!

Unlike Anya's intentionally forceful sound, Mama Mia's sound of placing plates was always loud.

Even though Ottar, Finn, and others upgraded to Lv6, making that level not so rare, Mama Mia's position as the strongest had not wavered.

Although she had withdrawn from the front lines to run her tavern for a few years, causing her fame to plummet, any older generation adventurer with years of experience would not forget the alias of the former leader of Freya Familia, the 'Demi Ymir'.

"Kid, I can tell from your confused face that you have no idea what rumor has been circulating in Orario."

"Really, you were like this when I first saw you three years ago, and three years later, today, you still haven't improved at all."

After placing the plates, Mama Mia smacked Luke forcefully on his back.

She had high hopes for Luke, even contemplating poaching him from Loki Familia at one point.

But after being politely refused by Luke and considering her own goddess's even worse temperament than goddess Loki's, she gave up the idea.

But that didn't affect Mama Mia's appreciation of Luke.

So she was very dissatisfied with Luke's bad habit of not caring about Orario's situation and only focusing on leveling up.

"I've told you so many times, and you still haven't changed."

"You have no idea that your 'heroic deeds' in the dungeon have spread in the city like wildfire."

"In the last two days, adventurers returning from the dungeon have been talking about your deeds everywhere."

"'The hero who saved hundreds of adventurers,' 'The lone youth who faced a monster stronger than a floor boss,' 'The genius swordsman who was exhausted but still took the lead to break out of the monster encirclement.'"

"Hmph, really impressive, you've earned so much prestige."

Hearing Mama Mia's explanation, Luke finally understood why Anya intended to come over and personally serve him.

She probably wanted to use the time ordering food to inquire about the recent rumors in detail.

Whoosh—!

Slap—!

Mama Mia's large hand smacked hard on Luke's back again.

"Kid, I should have told you."

"The last thing adventurers need is to show off; the ones who come back alive are the real winners."

"Facing such a strong enemy alone? I think you're tired of living."

"Hmph, you've recovered well, but don't let me know you're planning to go to the dungeon anytime soon, or I'll personally drag you back."

After speaking, Mama Mia turned and went back to the kitchen.

And Anya, who was standing by, disappeared without a trace the moment Mama Mia got angry.

"Uh, Luke, are you very close to the owner here?"

The loud smack of Mama Mia's hand on Luke's back startled Aki and Raul, who were sitting beside him.

"You could say that, not just me, Finn and the other executives are also very familiar with her."

Luke, holding his head, explained to Aki.

The smack looked fierce, but Mama Mia actually hadn't used much force; it was just a loud noise.

Luke knew Mama Mia was genuinely worried about him, fearing that he would lose control after indulging in a rapid increase in strength and recklessly challenging enemies he couldn't beat.

Mama Mia had seen too many adventurers die due to the word 'arrogance'.

Once they die, there is nothing left.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

17