Chapter 137 – Lv5!
279 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 137 - Lv5!

When god Vidar left Orario, in order to allow Bete to convert to another Familia, he canceled the werewolf's affiliation with his Familia.

However, he neither sealed nor fully revoked Bete's Falna, instead leaving it in a partially active state on his back.

Therefore, Loki easily rewrote the hieroglyphs on Bete's back without much effort.

It was this update that upgraded Bete to Lv4.

Thus, "Fenris" Bete was officially renamed "Vanargand" Bete and joined the Loki Familia.

...

"Oh my, there's already Ais behind you, and now there's another Lv4 competitor, Bete."

"How is it, do you feel a little more pressure~?"

Loki sat on the bed, teasing Luke, who was facing her.

"That's right, if I have to say, there is indeed some pressure."

"It would be bad if they caught up with me one day."

Luke's response left Loki a little speechless.

She looked at the hieroglyphs in front of her, emitting a glow as her divine blood merged into his back.

It was the light that represented an adventurer's upgrade.

Slap——!

Loki patted Luke's back with her palm, but unfortunately, she couldn't use her divine power to make him feel pain.

"You should say that to Finn and the others!"

"If given two more years, you should be able to catch up with Finn and the others."

"Really, why can't your upgrade speed be as humble as your attitude?"

Although Loki was complaining, Luke could hear the joyful laughter in her tone.

"So how about this time, do you want to upgrade?"

"Or do you want to try again to surpass your limits?"

"Upgrade directly."

Luke didn't plan to try again.

If even the tragic "Nightmare on the 27th Floor" couldn't push his ability value past its limit, he fears he'll remain stuck with an S999 cap for a long time at his current Level 4 stage.

But…

"I have a hunch that I will be staying at the Lv5 stage for a long time."

Luke's words made Loki, who was preparing to upgrade his Falna, puzzled for a moment.

"What, feeling like you've hit your limit?"

"That shouldn't be the case; your current upgrade speed doesn't show any signs of stagnation, but it's also a good thing to stagnate for a while, you'd better settle down for a while..."

"Wait... settle down? You mean?!"

After only a moment of doubt, Loki reacted.

At the same time, Luke felt the changes brought about by the upgrade of his Falna.

Officially promoted to Lv5, he has completed the leap from second class to first class adventurer.

Luke could feel the huge changes in his body, the feeling of ease as if he had broken out of a cocoon and escaped bondage, made him extremely confident.

"Yes, I think I may have to stay at the Lv5 stage for a while."

"I think filling up my ability values may take more effort than before."

"Hey, are you serious?"

Loki asked Luke with some surprise while handing him the parchment showing his status.

"Well, I do have that feeling, but I still need to see the actual situation."

"Maybe I'm just having an illusion."

Taking the parchment, Luke looked at the content.

Luke Ashburn

Affiliation: Loki Familia

Race: Human

Status:

Level: Lv5

Strength: I0

Endurance: I0

Dexterity: I0

Agility: I0

Magic: I0

Swordsman: SS

Abnormal Resistance: I

Monster Hunter: H

Magic Defense: I

Skills:

'Sword Talent'

'Prana/Star Power'

'Desperate Reversal'

*It is easier to gain command and others' trust when facing a desperate situation.

*Gain mental strength when facing a desperate situation.

*Gain a lucky bonus to increase the success rate of reversing desperate situations.

"There is only one option for development ability, 'Magic Defense', so I helped you choose it."

Loki pointed to the development ability on the parchment.

Luke was not surprised to gain this development ability.

He had this premonition when he was bombarded by the magic of the Demi Spirit.

If it weren't for this incident, Luke felt that he would most likely not be able to have a new development ability when he was upgraded to Lv5.

You know, Ais in the original story was like this.

It was quite a loss to have one less development ability than others.

The ability 'Magic Defense' that can increase his resistance to magic is still very useful for Luke.

What he lacks most now is the means to deal with magic.

Now that the weakness of physical fitness has been made up, how to fight against magic is his biggest problem at present.

In addition to the development ability 'Magic Defense', a new skill has also appeared in Luke's status.

"You should have awakened this skill because of the previous incident.."

"Well, it should be right."

Luke nodded.

The acquisition of this new skill surprised him very much.

Although the effect of this skill looks quite gorgeous, it is not actually a practical skill.

Luke and Loki didn't know how to judge the pros and cons of this skill because it can only work in desperate situations.

After all, who would want to be in a desperate situation under normal circumstances?

And, if he is not in a desperate situation, this skill is equivalent to not existing.

Anyway, getting skills is always a good thing; it's better to have one than not.

"Speaking of which, I was really not being humble just now."

Having completed the update of his status, Luke got up and put on his clothes, and turned to Loki.

The red-haired goddess rolled her eyes at his words.

"Looking at your current upgrade speed, are you still afraid that Ais and Bete will catch up with you?"

"Bete is another matter, but Ais is not necessarily."

"Have you forgotten? That third skill of hers."

'Hero and Fairy'

*Select a 'Hero' as a template. If the Hero's ability values exceed those of the user, they gain a growth bonus. This effect strengthens in proportion to the intensity of the user's feelings towards the 'Hero'.

*Select a 'Hero' as a template. Gain an additional bonus based on the 'Hero's' ability values. The strength of this bonus increases in proportion to the intensity of the user's feelings toward the 'Hero'.

*Follow-up information not yet disclosed.

Reminded by Luke, Loki also thought of the new skill that Ais awakened at Lv1.

She was stunned for a moment, and then her expression turned gloomy.

"After this incident, Ais's trust in me should have improved, and the effect of the skill should also increase."

"If I stay at the Lv5 stage for too long, Ais is very likely to catch up."

"Even for the reason of not delaying Ais's growth rate, I can't improve myself too slowly."

"So there is still some pressure. I'm really not being humble."

"...Loki?"

As Luke spoke, he found that his goddess's face was a little out of order.

"Luke, do you really think Ais's feelings for you are just based on trust?"

Loki's face was gloomy, as if as long as Luke answered wrong, he would be humanely destroyed.

"Huh? What else could it be?"

Luke touched the back of his head, pretending to be confused and said to Loki:

"It can't be family affection, right?"

"...No, it's nothing, since the update of your status is done, you go out first."

Hearing Luke's answer, Loki's expression barely recovered.

Of course, Loki, as a goddess, knew that Luke was not telling the truth.

Both of them knew what was going on with Ais.

But what can be done if she knows?

Not to mention how much the positive emotions brought by this skill have played in suppressing the negative emotions of the skill "Avenger".

Loki felt she couldn't bear to crush a girl's innocent hopes.

Who knows if Ais, her dreams shattered, might become consumed by vengeance, transforming into a vengeful spirit focused solely on the destruction of monsters.

'Why is the person Ais-tan likes not me!!!'

Staring at Luke who pushed the door and went out, Loki gritted her teeth and roared in her heart.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

17