Chapter 140: The Power of ‘Mortals’
389 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 140: The Power of 'Mortals'

"I've finally understood why the guild isn't making the news public."

"It looks like a death wish no matter how you look at it."

Upon hearing the news of the solo expedition, Gareth almost pulled out his own beard.

"Finn, Gareth, can you do the same?"

Riveria, having calmed down, asked the other two Lv6 comrades.

She excluded herself right from the start, as being a pure mage, venturing alone into the dungeon meant no chance of survival.

"...Indeed, it seems impossible."

Finn seriously considered the possibility but ultimately concluded it was unfeasible.

"Not to mention, the lack of rest while continuously engaging in intense battles for half a month would be insurmountable in itself."

"Without extra ways to recover stamina, even the strongest will is useless, as the body would collapse before the spirit."

"Gareth, what about you? You should have the best physical strength among us."

Finn sighed and looked at Gareth.

"It's impossible, even if I, as a dwarf, possess 'endurance' stronger than you two, I can't fight non-stop without sleep for half a month."

"Not even Mia, that violent woman, could do it."

Gareth also denied the possibility, stating it was not something a normal person could achieve.

"If we think about it normally, this task would be impossible."

"Then, the reason must lie in Ottar's skills."

Finn pondered for a moment and spoke as if he had thought of something:

"We don't know what kind of skills Ottar possesses."

"But, I believe this has something to do with his race."

"Boaz, huh..."

Riveria understood Finn's point.

The beastman race is also uniquely blessed.

Though most lack the magical talent of elves and humans, they possess other abilities not found in other races.

Naturally strong physical qualities, such as the agility of werewolves, the dexterity of cat people, the strength of weretigers, and so on.

Moreover, they have more acute senses than humans.

Most importantly, most beastmen can manifest specific skills related to their race.

Bete's two skills, 'Fenris Wolf' and 'Solmani,' came this way.

And Ottar, being a Boaz, specializes in 'strength' and 'endurance' stats similar to the dwarf race.

If speaking of skills based on race, besides enhancing these two attributes.

'Stamina recovery' could very well be a possible direction.

"If Ottar really has an additional stamina recovery skill, then this 'great achievement' becomes understandable."

(PS: I say it again, ignore the mobile game storyline for now.)

Listening to Finn's conclusion, Riveria and Gareth fell silent again.

Because if this was the case, it meant Ottar's method of advancing to Lv7 was something they could not replicate.

And it's not even worth referencing.

"Alright, since we can't replicate Ottar's method of leveling up, let's not dwell on it too much. Thinking too much is useless."

As the topic concluded and the atmosphere turned cold again, Loki, who had been silent, spoke to lighten the mood.

"After you reach first class, everyone's path is different."

"If all children from the lower world were exactly the same, we gods wouldn't have descended here in the first place."

"When do members of my Familia need to walk the path of others?"

Loki, holding a wine glass and leaning against the window, spoke in a lazy manner, totally lacking in seriousness.

But her words were sharp and to the point.

"...Loki is right, thinking any further is pointless."

Finn shook his head and mocked himself internally.

The feeling of being surpassed was indeed uncomfortable, and for a moment, he almost lost himself.

"Luke, try not to enter the dungeon during this time, and relay this order to Ais and Bete as well."

"Ottar's level-up will affect the entire direction of Orario."

"Our Familia, which held a slight advantage over Freya Familia before, will likely be pushed into the storm this time."

"Just in case, core members should stay within the city until the storm subsides."

"Gareth, I need you to warn the regular members too, to stay out of the dungeon as much as possible during this time."

"In the current situation where our Familia's lead is being challenged, the malice from other Familias will probably be several times more than usual."

"Even if you must go to the dungeon, increase the number of team members and be extra cautious. I don't want to see the sacrifice of any member due to carelessness."

"Riveria, I will likely be out frequently, and when I am not in Twilight Manor, the management of the Familia is left to you."

Finn issued one command after another, and after setting aside the pressure brought by Ottar's level-up, Finn completely returned to the demeanor befitting the captain of Loki Familia.

After arranging the countermeasures for the ongoing crisis, this emergency meeting was concluded.

Riveria and Gareth left the room, starting to prepare according to Finn's instructions.

Meanwhile, Luke was in the manor looking for Bete, planning to inform him not to enter the dungeon recently.

Soon, he found the lone werewolf boy lying on the grass in the courtyard.

"Tsk, so I'm supposed to stay in the city and not enter the dungeon, right?"

"I guessed as much without you saying."

Hearing the noise, Bete turned his head and after seeing that it was Luke, he clicked his tongue and spoke:

"I've been a captain before, I still know these things."

"Hey, then how has our great former captain been getting along with other members recently?"

Luke didn't mind Bete's tone and instead teased him.

He walked over and lay down on the grass beside Bete.

"...Tsk."

Annoyed by Luke's teasing, Bete turned his back on him.

No help for it, since Bete didn't get along well with other members of Loki Familia.

Having joined the Familia not long ago, our werewolf's haughty and outspoken nature led to his isolation.

Those who would talk to him, aside from Luke and Finn and a few others, were only left with Raul.

Because of Finn's orders, Bete was responsible for leading some regular members to explore the dungeon.

Raul served as the liaison between Bete and these regular members.

Luke had been paying attention to Bete and Raul's situation. Knowing the werewolf's past experiences, he was somewhat worried that Bete might clash with other members of Loki Familia.

But what he found surprised him.

Raul's ability to naturally bring everyone together was astonishing to Luke.

He also admired Finn's insight into people.

From the moment Raul interacted with Bete, the phenomenon of Bete being ostracized within the Familia began to subtly change.

Raul wasn't powerful, not in terms of strength, but in terms of personality.

Timid, indecisive, a lot of qualities not fitting for a 'hero' could easily be found in him.

Compared to an adventurer, Raul was more like a 'mortal'.

Yet, it was this very Raul, in his dealings with Bete, who brought a new perspective to everyone.

'What, even Raul can talk to that werewolf?!'

'If that timid Raul can do it, there's no reason I can't.'

'Raul can talk to him? Seems like he's not that hard to approach after all.'

With Raul's efforts, the relationship between Bete and the regular members was actually gradually improving.

Surprisingly, even Bete, who despised the weak and couldn't stand failures, didn't notice he showed no irritation towards Raul, who was always hovering around him.

This was the power unique to 'mortals'.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

16