Chapter 146: Miach Familia!
290 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 146: Miach Familia!

The meeting between Loki and Freya can be said to have ended on bad terms.

And on the other side.

Luke, who entered the shop following the god Miach, is currently enveloped by a silent atmosphere.

The three of them are seated around a small round table.

Based on God Miach's apology before, it seems Miach Familia is really at the brink of poverty.

They can't even afford to serve tea to their guests. The cup in front of Luke contains only plain water.

"Naaza, actually, you don't have to force yourself to stand up."

In order to prevent the atmosphere from becoming more awkward, Luke, after waiting a while and noticing no one speaking, took the initiative to say:

"With your current physical condition, it's better to lie down and rest."

"No, cough cough, no, I can't just lie in bed when my lifesaver comes to visit!"

The one answering Luke is a Chienthrope girl, her body tightly wrapped in bandages.

Naaza Erisuis, she is one of the adventurers who survived the tragedy 'Nightmare on the 27th Floor' a few months ago.

She is also among the most tragic survivors of that event.

When she was carried out of the dungeon, her previous companions from Miach Familia even thought she was beyond saving.

During their escape from the monsters' encirclement, she sustained various injuries, with some parts of her body severely damaged and others bitten by numerous monsters.

Additionally, her limbs were also severed.

If it weren't for the fact that the Miach Familia was good at making potions, and Naaza had many precious elixirs to help her survive, she would never have been able to come out of the dungeon alive.

Although she eventually survived, the injuries she sustained took months to recover to a point where she could barely get out of bed.

After answering Luke, Naaza fell silent again.

She tried her best to lower her head, not wanting Luke to see her expression.

Seeing Naaza like this, Luke could only sigh and change the topic to God Miach.

While he couldn't be certain why Naaza was showing such a guilty demeanor towards him, Luke still had some guesses.

"So, God Miach, well, is your Familia bankrupt because of treating Naaza's injuries?"

Luke said this merely to start a conversation.

With only three people in the room, and two of them completely silent, making it impossible to continue the previous topic.

"Ah, why bother with this."

"When you saw Naaza's prosthetic right hand, you must have had an idea."

"You really can't help with this matter."

"After understanding our situation, and seeing us in person, just drink some water and let's call it a day."

Hearing God Miach once again refuse his help, Luke silently sighed in his heart, but he didn't insist further.

Seeing the bandages on Naaza, one could imagine how severe her injuries were, but treating a dying adventurer wouldn't normally bankrupt a Familia like Miach Familia.

Therefore, the problem probably lies with that prosthetic limb.

Considering Naaza's dire condition, her survival was nothing short of miraculous; however, the severity of her injuries made it impossible for her body to remain intact.

What she lost was her right hand used to draw the bow.

Currently, in Orario, only a select few Familia possess the skill to attach prosthetic limbs that function almost as well as the originals.

Among them, only Dian Cecht Familia offers the most lifelike replacements.

A top-quality prosthetic limb is not cheap, and an ordinary Familia simply cannot afford it.

However, it still would not have bankrupted a well-known mid-tier Familia like the Miach Familia.

So, there can only be one other explanation.

Taking advantage!

Clearly, the god Dian Cecht severely overcharged God Miach on this matter.

The cost of the prosthetic limb, far beyond the normal price, plunged the Miach Familia into massive debt.

The weight of the debt, coupled with Miach's relentless focus on saving Naaza, caused other Familia members to leave, believing their Familia had no future.

In the end, only Naaza was left in Miach Familia.

That's why God Miach informed Luke last night that his Familia was, in essence, no different from being disbanded.

"I've met God Dian Cecht a few times; I don't think he's malicious, just a bit mischievous, I guess."

"The reason he did this was probably just to make you submit."

Luke took a sip from his cup and made one last effort.

Just like Luke said, God Dian Cecht actually just wanted Miach to give in, to admit defeat.

To put it simply, he intended to show off in front of his rival, not really to destroy Miach Familia.

If a mediator were to settle this matter, it might not restore the Miach Familia to its former state, but it could at least significantly reduce their debt.

That was Luke's aim.

After all, they were acquaintances; Luke would try his best to help if he could lend a hand.

"Hmph! I would never submit to that jerk Dian Cecht!"

God Miach got angry as soon as Luke brought up this matter.

Faced with this situation, Luke could only shake his head and internally sigh that this matter was probably at its end.

He had said what he could; since God Miach was determined not to accept help, there was nothing more he could do.

Just as he was about to stand up and leave the "Blue Pharmacy", Naaza, with her head lowered, shakily apologized to him.

"I'm sorry."

"Luke-san, please don't be angry with Miach-sama."

"It's because of me that he refused your help."

Naaza raised her head, her clothes wet with tears.

Guilt, fear, helplessness, various negative emotions intermingled on her face.

"It's me who has no face to see you."

"Even though you rescued me from the dungeon, even though you gave me a second chance at life."

"But I... I-I just can't muster the courage to face monsters anymore..."

"I can no longer... be an adventurer."

"You saved me, but I have lost my courage. So, I don't have the face to accept your help anymore."

Luke quietly watched Naaza, who was crying silently on the table.

At this moment, he remembered Vidar Familia from before.

The vice captain of Vidar Familia, who was also Bete's lover.

She must have felt the same as Naaza, right?

And they are only a small part of the victims of that 'tragic' incident.

How many adventurers, like them, had their spirits eroded by fear?

How many Familias have left Orario in recent months?

Perhaps, the impact of this incident was far more severe than Luke had originally anticipated.

Miach silently watched Naaza cry; it was because of this reason he didn't want Luke to intervene in this matter.

Their debt problem, anyone could help him solve, except Luke.

Given Naaza's current unstable psychological state, overwhelmed by emotions of gratitude, guilt, fear, and despair, her spirit was on the verge of collapse.

Adding just one more straw to that would shatter her already weakened spirit instantly.

And Luke's second offer to help might just be that straw.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

---

For Audiobook:
youtube.com/@animefic22

---
(Please vote for more chapters! If this fanfic gets more than 700 powerstones, then I will upload bonus chapters! Also, don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

18