Chapter 83 – Crusade against Goliath!
443 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 83 - Crusade against Goliath!

Splurt—!

Boom—!

Ser-Veresta's blade was entwined with black flames, instantly severing Goliath's arm.

Blood gushed out like a fountain from the severed limb of Goliath.

The massive severed arm fell to the ground, causing a momentary tremor, as if the entire floor was about to collapse.

"Garrrr—!"

Goliath roared madly, swinging its other arm towards Luke once again.

However, having lost one arm, Goliath couldn't defend itself against Luke, who now had complete freedom of movement around its entire body.

Luke exerted force beneath his feet, surrounded by the light of Prana, evading Goliath's attack and directly rushing to its front.

Ser-Veresta, in its greatsword form, carried an unstoppable momentum as it slashed towards the Goliath's head.

However, just as Ser-Veresta was about to strike it, the Goliath suddenly opened its mouth.

Endless air pressure and immense magical power gathered in Goliath's mouth, eventually forming a massive sonic projectile that blasted away everything in front of it.

Boom—!

A storm raged, the earth churned, and Goliath's sonic attack seemed to destroy everything in its path.

"This power is truly frightening. If I were to take this blow head-on now, even if I don't die, I'd probably be severely injured."

Luke stood on Goliath's head, looking somewhat awestruck at the scene of destruction.

Having known in advance that Goliath possessed this ultimate move, Luke effortlessly avoided this unexpected attack.

"It's about time to end the battle."

Prana gathered beneath Luke's feet, and then he leaped upwards with force.

Utilizing the descending force, he used Ser-Veresta in his hand to split Goliath vertically from top to bottom.

Greatsword Style, Hiten-Mitsurugi-Ryu, Ryūtsuisen!

Goliath's roar abruptly ceased, and as it was cleaved in two, it directly dissipated into black smoke in the air, leaving behind a massive magic stone.

On the other side, while Luke was in a fierce battle with the Goliath, Finn and the others were closely watching the battlefield.

Originally, their idea was to intervene promptly if they sensed that the situation was unfavorable for Luke.

Who would have thought...

"He's truly a formidable young man," Gareth remarked, slightly relaxing his grip on the massive shield in his hand.

"To challenge the floor boss solo, even though he's still at level 1, he can already be considered a first-class combat force," Gareth continued.

Hearing Gareth's words, Finn nodded and said, "Honestly, confining him to the upper floors seems a bit underestimating his talents."

"But if we allow Luke to venture alone into the deeper parts of the dungeon, it might cause significant psychological stress for Ais," Finn added.

At the mention of Ais, the three of them fell into a moment of silence. Many of their current arrangements were geared towards taking care of Ais, even the plans for Luke.

"However, there's a solution to this issue," Finn said after a few seconds of silence, smiling as if he had thought of something good.

Meanwhile, not far away, the central figure of their discussion, Ais, was steadfastly staring at the silhouette of Luke in battle.

Why is this person so powerful?

Even standing so far from the battlefield, Ais could clearly sense the trembling of the ground.

Each strike from Goliath, in her perception, was terrifying.

Despite Goliath appearing cumbersome in front of Luke, it possessed speed not inferior to an average level 3 adventurer.

Ais stood there, captivated, watching Luke maneuver through the battlefield, inflicting damage on Goliath time and time again.

Not only Ais, but as the battle approached its finale, the entire expedition team fell silent.

Everyone was watching Luke's battle, witnessing him dodge Goliath's attacks and continuously inflict damage.

And then, they all watched as Luke delivered the final blow, cleaving Goliath into two with a single strike.

After transforming Ser-Veresta back into its katana form and reinserting it into the Sheath of Tranquility, Luke jumped down from the massive magic stone dropped by Goliath.

During the final blow just now, Luke intentionally avoided Goliath's magic stone.

The magic stones of floor bosses, without exception, were exceptionally large and extremely valuable.

Generally, during the defeat of a floor boss, all teams would choose the method of shattering the magic stone to defeat the boss.

Achieving what Luke did, defeating the Monster Rex directly without destroying its magic stone, was something that no one else, except for Finn and the other first-class adventurers, could accomplish.

Finn and the others usually organized teams and defeated floor bosses through team formation, so they also couldn't obtain these huge magic stones every time they fought against the Goliath.

"You really gave me a headache with this," Finn said shortly after Luke came down, leading the expedition team over.

Looking at the enormous magic stone, Finn seemed a bit troubled as he said to Luke, "Now, how do we transport this out of here?"

Hearing Finn's complaint, Luke shrugged and replied, "Well, how about leaving it here?"

This suggestion immediately prompted Gareth, responsible for logistics, to react strongly.

He tapped Luke's back with his shield and grumbled discontentedly.

"You brat, you really have no idea about the hardships of our Familia. A fortune this huge, are you suggesting we just leave it here for someone else to take?"

"Hey, Finn, I'm telling you, no matter what, you have to bring this thing back for me."

Listening to Gareth, Finn nodded helplessly. "Of course, I know we have to take it back. Anyway, let's transport it to the 18th floor first and then figure out a plan."

Ultimately, after making the decision, the expedition team carried the massive magic stone and entered the 18th floor, known as the safe floor.

The safe floors are a special type of area that appears in the dungeon.

In these floors, no monsters spawn, and there is mostly no danger, which is why they are called safe floors.

As of now, there are only three known safe floors, namely the 18th, 38th, and 50th floors.

All of them are located on the floor immediately below where the Monster Rex resides.

Among them, the 50th floor is documented in the records left by Zeus Familia after their expedition.

According to Finn and their current strength, they are not yet capable of reaching such depths.

After passing through the tunnel and arriving at the 18th floor, a beautiful natural landscape unfolded before Luke.

Meadows, forests, lakes – it's hard to imagine such picturesque scenery appearing inside a dungeon if one hasn't seen it with their own eyes.

In addition to these beautiful natural landscapes, the 18th floor also has its own specialty – a widespread variety of uniquely shaped blue crystals that seem to cover every corner of the world.

---

Read more than 25 chapters in advance, with pictures, to enhance your reading immersion:
patreon.com/tom22

21