Chapter 35: Bath Talk.
460 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 35: Bath Talk.

(Tesslia’s POV)

No, really. Don’t these two have jobs to tend to? I mean, they both seem rich and powerful as can be, but shouldn’t they be at work? At least one of them should, I mean…

Tesslia: “Hey, shouldn’t one of you be at work?” I ask with an unsure tone.

Risa: “I make my own hours.” She answered.

Karlena: “I’m slacking off.” She admitted.

Risa: “…”

Tesslia: “…”

Risa: “Have you not secured that contract yet?” She asked with a serious tone.

Karlena: “Not yet, no.” She answered.

Huh? But that was at least over a month ago… Why is it taking so long to close that deal? Charta couldn’t have spent all those Credits already, right?…

Risa: “Why not? You’re usually good at securing contracts…” She replied.

Karlena: “The owner of that business… she is a little annoying.” She said with a sigh.

Tesslia: “Does she want to marry you?” I assume.

Karlena: “How’d you figure that out!?” She exclaimed in surprise.

Tesslia: “…”

Risa: “Who is the owner?” She asked with a curious tone.

Karlena: “Rei, you know her.” She answered in reply.

Risa: “Ah, that woman. She has been chasing after your hand in marriage for hundreds of years now…” She said with a thinking pose.

Karlena: “Honestly, it is mostly my fault.” She said with a groan.

Her fault? Hm… I feel like this is more complicated than I thought that it is… Are they long lost lovers? Hundreds of years… that is a very long time to chase after a woman.

Tesslia: “How is it your fault?” I ask with great curiosity.

Karlena: “I never denied her flirtations, and I was going to accept marrying her. But now that I have you, Tesslia, I don’t wish to marry Rei.” She explained.

Risa: “You planned on accepting her hand in marriage? I don’t recall you ever saying that you liked her.” She said with one of her fingers on her chin.

Karlena: “I had no feelings for her, that is correct. But her family is very powerful, just like ours. A marriage would be very beneficial, even if I did not love her.” She replied.

Wow… I never expected that vampires would be doing things like marriage for benefits… I thought them above such things…

Risa: “So… you rejected her, and she won’t accept your proposal?” She assumed.

Karlena: “No, no. Both of us are busy, so she is just delaying the signing, as Rei wants to spend time with me.” She denied.

Risa: “Then the answer is obvious, right?” She said with a mischievous tone.

Karlena: “If it was obvious, I wouldn’t be longing for an explanation…” She pouted.

Tesslia: “Why do I feel like it is something to do with me?…” I nervously mutter.

Risa: “Because it is to do with you, Tesslia.” She said with a laugh.

Tesslia: “…”

Karlena: “Oh! I see. I should take Tesslia to work with me, and flaunt her to Rei. Mother, you’re a genius!!” She happily praised.

Without my input, it was decided that I would be visiting Karlena’s place of work. I feel like they’re overlooking something… Didn’t these two want to keep me a secret? Not to mention… but what if this Rei falls for me as well? This may or may not go well…

10