Chapter 40: She’s my Wife, Go Away!
417 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This novel is finished, and you can purchase it digitally on Amazon here, and through various online retailers here, as well as physical on Amazon here. On top of that, you can support me for $10 or more on Patreon here, to get this novel, all my other novels, as well as anything else that I'll release in the future as well!

Chapter 40: She’s my Wife, Go Away!

(Tesslia’s POV)

Perhaps due to what happened with the secretary, Karlena made me sit on her lap, while she worked at her desk. She worked while occasionally feeding me small snacks. I was like an overly large pet bird right now…

Tesslia: “It is somewhat sad that desk work is just the same, even hundreds of years in the future.” I say with a sigh.

Karlena: “About… 100 hundred years ago, lots of our work was done via AI, but it was quickly outlawed.” She said, still focusing on her work.

Tesslia: “Really? Was it outlawed because AI wanted to take over the world?” I ask with a curious tone.

Karlena: “No, no. It was banned, as it couldn’t stop infringing on copyrights. And by the time people realized it was a problem, various corporate secrets were leaked. Now, only basic AI exists, like what flew my shuttle.” She explained.

Tesslia: “…”

How anticlimactic… Anyway, Mistress was just doing basic office work. Such as replying to emails, reading through proposals, making proposals, etc. It was like my old job, but far less taxing. Sci-fi future, and all that.

Knock!

Rei: “Karlena, are you here? I see that you’ve fired yet another secretary.” She said with a laugh after entering Mistresses office.

Karlena: “That one had touched Tesslia, so, of course, I had to fire her. Please sit down.” She replied.

Rei: “Tesslia?” She said with a confused tone.

Picking me up, Karlena carried me back to the couch. Then she sat down with me, once again in her comfy lap. Being the spoiled princess that I am, I made sure to hold on to my bowl of fruit. Annoyingly, candy was outlawed. For humans…

Though, Risa and Karlena said that they will have healthy candy made for me. It’ll still sell, as lots of vampires do dote on their pets.

Karlena: “Rei, please meet Tesslia. She is a human with a soul from a different world. Her intelligence is quite high, and Mother and I will be marrying her soon.” She said, introducing me with a smile.

Rei: “…”

Tesslia: “…”

Karlena: “?”

Rei: “Is that a joke, Karlena?” She asked with an upset tone.

Karlena: “I am being truthful, Rei. Originally, I wasn’t planning on marrying a slave. But Tesslia is unique, possessing intelligence and emotions extremely similar to our kind.” She clarified.

Rei was clearly upset about this whole thing, and I understood. She might have shifted her marriage partner from Risa to Karlena, but I doubt her feelings are anything shallow.

Rei: “Tesslia… is your name, right?” She asked.

Tesslia: “It is, yes.” I reply with a nod.

Rei: “…What is 14,894,542 times 183? Let’s see if you really have any intelligence to speak of…” She asked with her arms crossed.

Tesslia: “Hm… it should be 2,725,701,186. In my original world, I was a metallurgist, but math did come up from time to time.” I answer within seconds.

Rei: “…”

Karlena: “See? She is so smart! Do you know how wonderful it is to have such a slave? It is to the point where we’re going to marry her, as Tesslia requires more respect as a person.” She praised.

Damn… Rei didn’t seem like she was going to give up on this. Oddly, she looked at the door of Karlena’s office, and I followed her gaze. Before I could turn my head back to look at her, the woman had taken me away…

11