Chapter 12- Farewell?
564 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Mei's first love and first boyfriend was Wang Lin. She got to know about the concept of romance because of him.

After being pursued by the guy for a year they finally began dating in the second year of university. 

They were the golden couple of the university—idolized by many. Xiao Mei was regarded as the college belle. Her small face, gentle personality, and long legs were the features that made her quite known and for someone like her to date a commoner, nobody like Wang Lin showed how down-to-earth girl she was.

And it wasn't like Xiao Mei was just pretending to be dating Wang Lin. She has always been quite diligent in her relationship and always responded to his feelings when they began going out.

Gifting expensive things for Wang Lin on his birthday or Valentine's Day. She has always been quite sincere with her feelings towards Wang Lin...however, the same couldn't be said about the guy.

Just as Zhang Yulan told her, Wang Lin has always been taking advantage of Xiao Mei all this time. 

He emotionally manipulated her to help him in the name of his mother and his struggling career—on the pretext that he would return each penny once he opened his own restaurant.

However, that time never came and despite it being almost three years since they began dating, it has always been Wang Lin to rely on her.

But that would end today.

'Let's do this...' Clutching the strap of her handbag, she fixated her gaze on the cafe entrance before advancing.

*Trng*

The bell chimed upon her arrival, directing many gazes in her direction. Many people looked dazed upon gazing at the beautiful girl who extruded a very refreshing aura. 

Her big hazelnut eyes surveyed the customers before they settled on a particular young man.

Wang Lin looked stunned for a moment gazing at Xiao Mei after a long time. Once his eyes landed on his surroundings his chest swelled in pride as the urge to announce 'That's ma girl', welled up. 

But he didn't do anything reckless and happily waved his hand at Xiao Mei.

Xiao Mei silently made her way towards the table as she saw Wang Lin shifting towards his left; making space beside him 

However, much to his shock, Xiao Mei took the seat opposite him with her expression never changing.

Wang Lin looked embarrassed but he soon rearranged his expression and raised his hand toward the waiter,

"Yes sir?"

"I will take an iced tea....and for the lady-"

"No, thank you."

Wang Lin raised his brows hearing such a condensed tone before he ordered for her anyways,

"A chocolate smoothie for her. Thank you."

The waiter looked nervous hearing Xiao Mei's voice before he hurriedly nodded and dashed away.

This beauty has thorns!

"Now tell me, Mei Mei how-"

"How about we end this chit-chat and come to the main topic?"

Xiao Mei was already feeling bad meeting her ex behind her husband's back and this guy wasn't taking the hint of how repulsive she was feeling currently. 

Although Xiao Mei would tell Cheng Wei about this meeting afterward, right now, it felt like she was betraying her own words which she told him last night.

"Mei Mei...why do you seem so di-"

Xiao Mei snatched her hand away before Wang Lin could have held it before she finally landed the bomb,

"Wang Lin, let's break up."

For the first few seconds, Wang Lin wasn't able to register what she just said. But when her words finally settled in, a strange voice left his throat.

"Huh?" The same Xiao Mei who was so foolishly in love with him, to the point she came to meet Wang Lin during the new year, away from her family, just because he had a cold....was now talking about breaking up?

This....how is this possible?

Then it struck him.

With his eyes narrowing, Wang Lin leaned forward before asking in a cold tone, "Mei Mei...did that bastard do something to you? You just tell me. I will see that even his father pays the price for his insolence!"

Xiao Mei, upon hearing his words, felt...irritated.

Not because he was saying something he couldn't achieve but because he regarded Cheng Wei in such a disrespectful manner.

It was the second time he had called Cheng Wei that, and this time Xiao Mei was not going to have it,

"Take that back." 

Wang Lin raised his brows and blinked his eyes in confusion before asking, "What Mei-"

"I said, take that back. Nobody has the right to disrespect Mr. Cheng! "

With her head slightly leaned and her usually round eyes narrowed dangerously, she warned him.

Xiao Mei respected Cheng Wei's determination and perseverance to reach the point where he is right now. He always had been tolerant toward Xiao Mei and has kept families on both sides, happy.

And for someone like Wang Lin do not have any right to bad mouth someone as great as Cheng Wei.

"What has happened to you, Mei Mei? We both know that Cheng Wei has forced your father to marry you. And now-"

Xiao Mei snickered before asking, " And guess what, you are the one who has been gaining the most profit from my marriage, no? "

Wang Lin was taken aback by the statement as his face went slightly pale.

Xiao Mei raised from her seat without much further ado before she warned him. 

"Don't ever try contacting me or I will take action against you. Here," Taking out some bills she slammed on the table, "...enjoy this last favor from me. Bye."

*****

A/N:- Hee~I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Drop a comment 

34