Chapter 1- My new identity…
1.3k 1 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you recall your name?" 

"Xiao Mei."

"Hmm, and about your parents?"

"Xiao Chen and Xu Yanyan."

"And your husband?" Hearing that term, I hesitated a bit...but accepting my new reality seemed my only option so I answered,

"Cheng Wei."

As I stated, the doctor nodded and wrote something on his notepad.

It was given that he was testing whether I have my memories or after the accident I was having memory loss. And if he had asked me all this half an hour ago, then I might have been regarded as an amnesia patient. 

However, once I received the memories of 'this body' I knew my current stance.

So apparently, from what I have concluded in these half an hour, Arthur Cullen, died and was reborn in the body of a young woman named Xiao Mei. 

I should have been panicking all over the place that I was dead and such, however, somehow I didn't react to that. Maybe, deep down, after what happened with my ex-wife, I didn't want to live anymore.

Regardless, I need to discern a few things about this body of mine and the world I was living in. It was too surreal to accept this reality with open arms but panicking would raise suspicion so, I decided to lay low for now.

The doctor told me to take a rest now and walked out of the room.

My eyes caught the figure of a man standing near the entrance, but as soon as my eyes landed on his, he walked out without a word. 

That's right, that was my husband. 

It felt weird saying that since just a few hours ago, I was a man and now I have a husband and possess the body of a woman. 

There was some major difference between living as a female. Like I felt a little lighter than ever. I haven't moved much but I could tell that the fundamental difference between a male and a female's body was soon going to make a lot of things complicated for me.

As for my background, then I was the only daughter of the Xiao family and due to my father's debt I was forced to marry, Mr. Cheng. 

Now, since I already had someone I loved before marriage, I did not accept Mr. Cheng, as my partner at all.  

It has already been eight months since we tied knots, yet we sleep separately. Things weren't going well between us and if our life went in such a fashion, divorce didn't seem too far away. 

'...this seems too familiar...'

I dryly chuckled since this situation was similar to what I have faced. And somehow, I could sense why that man was looking at me with those eyes.

He cares for his wife.

[At the same time]

Outside the hospital room, the raven-haired man who was oozing with a domineering aura and whose mere presence attracted attention, was currently accompanying the same doctor who was operating on Xiao Mei.

"Mr. Cheng...I have run several diagnoses and it doesn't seem like she has any kind of lasting effect. Although she seems to have regained her memories I would suggest you keep her in a safe environment, where she doesn't need to take stress about anything."

Hearing the doctor's advice, the man nodded diligently.

The people who came across the duo were soon discarded by the glares of the bodyguards who were stationed across the whole lobby of the hospital. 

However, the personality of Cheng Wei didn't leave much room for others to resist the temptation to steal a glance. 

Some of the nurses even undone their collar buttons to attract the attention of the man...however, the way he was ignoring everything other than the doctor, made them inwardly click their tongues and stomp their way away from the duo.

"I understand doctor. Thank you." Cheng Wei extended his gratitude toward the doctor before the latter nodded and walked toward the next patient he was in charge of.

The raven-haired man remained standing in the lobby. A part of him wanted to go back to the room where his wife was lying and check on her...however, considering how annoyed she gets upon seeing him, he decided otherwise.

Rather, the man took out his phone and called a certain number from his speed dial.

The call connected in two rings before a cheerful voice reached from the other end,

[What service does the young master, need today?]

The man didn't rebuke the other person to regard him as such, rather he chose to focus on the matter of concern,

"Those papers...send them to me. Today."

The other side suddenly turned silent, and the next time he spoke, there was no enthusiasm in his voice remaining,

[Are you sure about this? You have done so many things to gain her...and now...]

Hearing his friend's words, Cheng Wei chuckled inwardly, as his eyes dazedly drew toward the room where Xiao Mei rested. 

A lot of thoughts passed by in just mere seconds, however, none of those memories were worth changing his decision,

"It's for everyone's good...so send those papers today."

*****

A/N:- Drop a comment.

51