Chapter 2- Messed up…
1.2k 7 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was told to remain in the hospital for another day. I was physically fine but as they say, 'precaution is better than cure'.

In the meantime, I sorted my memories and got to know about myself and my family.

I was the young lady of the Xiao family who had never seen a day of struggle in her life. And given my high intelligence, I also never provided any chance for my parents to feel embarrassed. 

I graduated from a management college with no ambition in mind. After all, I was just chasing after a senior whom I had been dating since high school.

Bad decision, truth be told.

Xiao had an interest in literature but she ended up going to a totally different university because her senior wanted to spend college life with her.

Coming to this home-wrecking boyfriend, then he still contacts Xiao Mei(me) often, despite knowing that I was now married. Well, to save the grace, I haven't slept with him despite dating the man for more than four years now. 

Reason? Xiao Mei was a little outdated thinker, to believe that sex was something sacred and should be done after marriage. Yet, ironically, she hasn't given her husband a chance in bed as well.

This girl was all over the place.

As for my parents, then she didn't talk much with them, and those two poor people still lived under the guilt of forcing their daughter to marry a stranger.

Mr. Cheng's parents have a neutral view of this relationship, but I could tell through my memories, that they were somewhat disappointed by their daughter-in-law. However, to not hurt their son's feelings, they keep up a facade.

'From whichever angle I see this...this situation is almost similar to what I have faced...' Sighing, I changed my clothes so I could get discharged.

I checked myself out in the mirror, and I expected myself to get excited to see a naked woman...however, it wasn't the case. 

After accepting the memories belonging to this body, my perception has dramatically shifted. And somehow, I have adapted minor OCD as well. 

'Are all the women so attentive toward symmetry?' I couldn't discern.

Though I wasn't buxom, my breasts were not small, which seemed to be betraying my petite appearance. My height only reached 5'6 which was a little shorter than an idle woman's height in mine and also, Xiao's opinion. My auburn hair reached the middle of my back, and the pale white skin I possessed just complimented my overall appearance 

In short, I was an attractive young lady.

There was still a bandage on the side of my forehead and the doctor suggested a lot of medication along with yoga as well. 

Once done, I finally walked out of the room wearing plain blue jeans and a white shirt that Mr. Chang brought for me in the morning.

Once I walked out, the person who stood just outside was undoubtedly,

"Mr. Cheng." The imposing figure of a man in his late twenties greeted my sight. Seriously, with those looks and height, he could be a model easily. Just by looking at him, my male side became a little jealous and my female self sucked on a short breath.

I was fundamentally messed up.

"Should we get going?" Hearing his query, I was plucked out of my daze, before I subconsciously nodded.

The man began to walk in front, not beside me...and I know the reason behind it.

As we passed through the lobby, I saw numerous black uniform donned bodyguards following us, which represented the power and importance of this man, whom I had insulted so much in the past.

Our short walk down the lobby and to the car continued in silence.

As Mr. Cheng pulled the car door for me, I frowned.

He was offering me a backseat?

"Is someone driving this car?" I asked, confused.

While there were several black cars ahead and behind this Maserati, I didn't see any person around our car who could be regarded as a driver.

And to affirm my doubt, Mr. Cheng informed me, "No, I will be driving."

Then I realized what was the case. Well, regardless, I wasn't rude enough to follow the footsteps of my predecessor, so I walked ahead of the tall man, and opened the passenger seat for myself.

As I sat inside, I saw through the mirror, how dumbfounded this grown-up man seemed just through this small change. I chuckled inwardly at the display as I saw Mr. Cheng finally collecting himself and walking around the car to sit beside me.

Soon the outside scenery began to shift as we drove across the streets I somehow was able to recognize. My memories weren't still stabilized. I might do things based on my muscle memory like how I was about to pee while standing yesterday...that's why I need to be cautious.

The drive went in silence and not so long after we reached a section of the city which was known as Green Valley. 

The long path had greenery on either side before the car drove around a circular path with a fountain in the middle. Soon, the mansion where we live appeared at the end of the path. 

To say it was massive and luxurious would be an understatement. I haven't seen such a mansion even in movies before. Once again, I was reminded of what kind of entity I live with.

I was so mesmerized by the outer structure that I never realized when the car stopped and Mr. Cheng walked around the car and opened the door for me.

Once I felt the breeze hitting me from the right, I woke up from my stupor and looked at the patiently waiting man.

I panicked a little and just as I was about to step out, my right leg got stuck, and I found the floor nearing my face in no time.

'Fuck!' Helplessly I closed my eyes, ready to feel the cold and hard surface of the ground hitting my head...however, none of that painful sensation arrived. 

Apparently, Mr. Cheng held my hand and stopped me from falling. However, before I could have thanked him for saving me from such an embarrassment, he suddenly picked me up in his arms.

"Ah- w-what are you..."

"You still are unwell, so bear with me for now." His authoritative tone made me shut up as I subconsciously nodded and to keep my balance, hugged his neck.

In his arms, I was looking so small...so fragile, that for the first time, I felt, nothing in the world could harm me until this man was holding me like this. 

It was strange how someone who had known only to face all his problems with a happy smile, was now depending on someone else for his protection.

...but somehow, this didn't feel too bad.

*****

A/N:- The emotions of his female self have influenced his thought process. Well, drop a comment.

48