Chapter 7 – People?
149 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s official; I have no idea where I am.

It was supposed to be a shortcut, and I expected that it would lead to where I was supposed to go. But fate decided to play a different game. Now, I am lost.

It’s not like I have a map. A map would surely be helpful to have here, but I don't have one, and that is the problem.

Was I wrong in my good sense of direction? I kept wondering if somehow my memory had not only been erased but also altered.

At least I’m safe though, that’s a plus.

“Sis, I don’t think this is the right way.”

“Oh shush, just trust my sense of direction for once, alright?”

“But back then—”

“Seriously, are you still hung up with that? Geez, that was years ago, okay? I improved.”

There are people here?

People?

The first voice belonged to a male while the second to a female.

They appeared to be bickering at each other. I suppose they are siblings. For one, they act like siblings, and the boy deliberately mentions Sis. So that’s enough proof.

I just hope they are real people, not just another humanoid monster. For one, I couldn’t really study their appearance.

Hearing the sounds of their footsteps and assuming which direction they were going, they seemed to be heading my way.

I hid quickly and stealthily behind the rocks. Their footsteps grew closer until I was able to discern their color presence. Both of them gave the color - white.

That means they’re neutral, which is good, but that could change depending on the situation. I just hope they are good at heart.

“I still think that going in the other direction would lead us to the Oisle Stream,” the boy spoke.

“Oh? Are you really okay passing through those plants? There’s quite a lot of them in there.” I could sense the amusement from the girl.

“Uh n-nevermind. I forgot about that.”

They kept chattering as they went on.

But I was mostly interested in what the girl said.

Basically, we were heading in the same direction. I am not really interested in the Oisle Stream; I don’t have any clue what that is other than it being a stream, so I put it aside. It saves me from doing much brain work.

I quickly used <identify> to find out what they really are.

[Lifeform found!]

[Human]

[- A resilient species native to the world of Nodahr]

‘Phew.’ That assures me that they are not monsters behind human clothing.

Now the question was, are they good people?

As for Nodahr, I assumed that’s the name of this planet. For an honest opinion, I don’t care much about it, but it’s a good piece of information nonetheless. At least I know what world I am in.

Damn, this skill is really handy for information.

[Name: Jen Logheart]

[Species: Human(Blessed)]

[Lvl: ???]

[HP: ???]

[Skills and Abilities(Concealed) (Requirement not met: Intelligence 20)]

[Name: Ken Logheart]

[Species: Human(Blessed)]

[Lvl: ???]

[HP: ???]

[Skills and Abilities(Concealed)(Requirement not met: Intelligence 20)]

Studying their stats, I was mostly curious about the ‘blessed’ part. A few things that come to my head are that should be some kind of inheritance. Possibly or could be something from their bloodline.

Other than that…Holy flipper, they’re strong.

While they continued moving forward, I followed them stealthily from behind. They don’t seem to notice my presence. Is my stealth that good?

After a while, they started to slow down. They too get tired from all the walking. Can't say I blame them.

I could see them come to a stop on a nearby pile of giant rocks. They rest upon sitting atop it.

[Host has acquired the skill: Stealth(N)(Lvl.1)]

The system notification took me by surprise.

‘Wait, I can gain skills by doing something?’

I don't know why, but I felt dumb by asking that question.

While my attention was on the system, I failed to notice that one of them managed to notice me hiding.

“Oh! look here sis, it’s a slime!”

Oh shit, They found me.

Before I could squirm away, the boy immediately grabbed a hold of me.

How did he get to me that fast?

The grip of the boy was hella strong.

AHH HELP! I’m being molested!

“I don’t think you should be touching it, Ken. It looks disgusting,” the girl spoke.

I was greatly offended by her comment. Oh here ya missy, You’re saying I'm gross? which is true, by the way, can’t lie, but only I can get to say that! Understand?!

“But sis it looks so cute and look, it even has a small plant on its body. “

I beamed at the boy’s words.

That’s right I’m cute- wait, what the heck am I thinking? I’m not cute, I’m scary and to be feared!

Then the words of the boy slowly processed through my mind.

A plant?

Does he mean the herb?

It’s visible?

I was confused but that slowly turned to something else when the boy continued.

“I wonder if I could pull it out. I haven’t seen this one before.” As his words trailed off, my expression slowly turned into horror.

No!’ I wanted to shout so badly at his face.

How dare he-!

If this kid took the herb, then I would literally fight to defend it…Probably.

“Seriously Ken? It’s just an herb,” the sister replied in an annoyed tone, “and also it’s disgusting to take it out seeing that it’s already in there.”

Yes! You go, Sister!

I ignored everything she just said about me being disgusting, as long as she took my side, I was okay with it.

She’s not bad after all. I concur with that.

“But, But, what if it’s rare?” The boy tried to argue, which I did not find to my liking.

The sister of the boy muttered some words I couldn’t quite hear. But there was one word I would slightly distinguish; it goes something along with the word ‘again’. She sounded like she was recalling past experiences. Huh? I wonder what made her that way.

“Just let it go. We get going,” she said, “I’m not taking a No as an answer.”

Even I felt scared by that. Women are scary sometimes. That reminds me why I don’t have a girlfriend back then on Earth.

If you're asking if I remember that, yes, I did. Why? I don’t know. Should I? No, NO

I feel like that memory of me attempting to do that should be one getting erased. I already cringe at the passing memory of it.

“Aww,” her stern and commanding tone seems to work on the boy. He gently let me go and placed me on the ground.

“It was nice meeting you, little slime.” He bid farewell, while his sister said nothing.

I watched them as they slowly continued their walking. 

I stayed still for a moment, wondering if I should follow them.

They don’t appear harmful or dangerous.

But seeing I have no idea where I am and what potential danger I could encounter. I could use them as a way to navigate this cave safely.

Hmmm.

10