Chapter 11 – Seriously unfair
120 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike last time, when I took almost an eternity to go to the other side, this time the fall took a short time. I bounced off the ground and landed unharmed. Perks of being a slime, I guess. Jealous? You should be.

I found myself in a cave.

Huh? Not what I was expecting.

I thought the Lich would send me to a dungeon or something more horrifying at first glance, but a regular cave? Nope.

‘Did he just strand me here? He did mention a test...’ I pondered.

There was a large part of me that was very afraid of what the test could be. I know that I should have fought him when I had the chance, but after getting a quick taste of his power, which I assumed to be only a fraction, I began to doubt my ability to win, not that it was big, to begin with.

[QUEST IN PROGRESS]

[-Stop The Lich!]

[A lich with a unique interest in slimes has amassed them in a remote mountain, using them as a source of energy for an unknown reason.]

[Time Limit: 37 hours, 26 minutes, 12 seconds]

[Reminder: Failure to comply will result in eradication]

Closing the window, I decided to take a brief stroll around the area. Thanks to the return of my sight, I could finally have a clear view of my surroundings. Even so, I still have to get used to it. I was, after all, using the beyond sense for quite a while and hindered what was considered normal sight for me.

The cave was small, with no apparent exits or holes. It felt like an arena for gladiators just without those grand doors.

Then, my attention was drawn to something peculiar.

Three statues, which I assumed were either knights or warriors judging from how they looked, were placed on the side. All of them were holding a weapon. One was holding a sword, the other holding a bow, and the last one was holding a spear.

They looked quite menacing.

‘God, why do I feel this is the start of something...’ Shaking away that feeling, I took another quick look around the area just in case I missed something. Again, nothing notable besides the statues.

It feels like I’m supposed to interact with them.

I cast my sights on them and approached while maintaining a safe distance to inspect them.

[Error!]

[Skill <Identify> not authorized]

Again?

[Error!]

[Skill <Further inspection> not authorized]

‘Okay, this has happened two times now...’

‘System, can you explain? And please answer this time.’

[ANSWER: The Host is currently trapped inside a Domain. Some skills are locked due to external factors.]

‘A domain? Explain.’

[ANSWER: Domains are artificial environments created to entrap opponents. Everything in the domain is controlled and monitored by its creator.]

Oh, so he’s watching me, like watching a TV show. I could already come up with the name of the show: Watch A Helpless Slime in the Clutches of the Diabolical Lich on 4k.

I let out a chuckle in my mind as I thought of that. But still, creepy when you think about it.

Now onto serious business.

‘How do I escape the domain?’

[ANSWER: Some Domains have exploits, which can be used for escape.]

‘Any alternative options?’

[ANSWER: The host can try to forcefully break the domain using any range of mana-powered attacks.]

Well, I don’t have mana, so that sucks.

‘If I die here. Does it mean I’ll die for real?’

[ANSWER: Yes]

‘R-Right...’

I gotta be careful. Even more careful than before. I don’t know what will happen here, and the Lich could use it to his advantage. Using the summoning here would be considered a waste since I'm not directly confronting him.

Just as I was in deep thought, I felt a sudden force on my body. My body recoiled, and I was pushed back. I only managed to catch a glimpse of who the perpetrator was before I flew off through the air and bounced several times on the ground before stopping.

[Health: 167/340]

Shit, that took almost all my health.

I cast my sights on the now-animated statue. It had a glow in its eyes which honestly looks kinda cool.

‘Of course. It would be alive. How original.’ If I could roll my eyes, I would do it right now.

[Error!]

[Skill <Further inspection> not authorized]

'Still? Really?'

I grumbled while another system notification followed suit.

[ATTENTION!]

[Due to the high damage the host has suffered through a physical attack, the Host has gained the ability: Absorption.]

[Absorption: When active, the host will take 50% less damage when damaged by a physical attack.]

Couldn't have timed it better. I just hope these guys don't have magical abilities.

‘System, is my self-regeneration ability active?’ If I remember correctly, The ability could only be active if I’m continuously taking damage.

[ANSWER: The Self-Regeneration will be active once the host takes damage.]

‘The rate?’

[ANSWER: The rate is +1 per 30 seconds.]

Oh shit.

‘Can it be improved?’

[ANSWER: The Self-Regeneration is linked to the STAT: Constitution, if improved, the rate will increase.]

Mentally sighing, I closed the window and focused on the upcoming fight.

Am I really gonna fight this thing? How could I even damage it?

Looking straight at the thing. It had basically a stone body which I doubt my skill: smash would do any damage to it.

I was nervous. This was my first-ever battle, and the fight couldn't be any more unfair.

Without knowledge of how strong it was, I just had to overestimate it, just like I do when facing powerful opponents later on.

Expect the unexpected.

The knight, holding the sword, was walking towards me slowly with the sword scraping off the ground. To my surprise, the knight started running and raising his sword. Appearing to finish the job.

‘Here goes nothing.’

I just hope this attack will do at least some damage to it.

I prepared myself both physically and mentally, waiting until the knight drew near. At that, when I assumed it was the perfect time, I used the skill <bounce> and flew into the air at a rapid speed. Successfully dodging the supposed strike while the sword landed on the ground with a thud. As I was high up in the air, I immediately used the skill <Smash> hoping that it would land.

It did.

I expected the statue to dodge, but I guess my speed was too fast for it to react. Maybe so.

The next thing was I heard some cracks, and then the crumbling of what seemed to be stones.

I was very shocked by that. Like very much so.

Wait, it died?! That easily?!

[Stone Knight(Artificial) Killed]

[200 exp gained]

[Bounce(N)(lvl 2 → 3) - (Propel increased) (Speed of ascent increased)]

[SMASH(N)(Lvl: 1 →2) - DMG increase]

Strangely I feel disappointed even though I won. I expected…more of a fight.

'System, how much damage did I do to it exactly?'

[ANSWER: The host did 30000000+ damage to the opponent]

What?!

"How is that possible?!" Am I that powerful for real?!

[ANSWER: Everything created in the domain can be manipulated by the creator]

I took a moment to understand that.

"So you're saying that the Lich did that on purpose and weakened them?"

[Affirmative]

'Oh' I don't know whether I should be thankful for the lich or be disappointed that it wasn’t 

Just before I could take a moment to rest, I heard a swirling sound of air, and before I could really react or even think. I felt something penetrate my body.

[HP: 96/340]

I heard a loud explosion from behind. I turned to glance and noticed it was a spear, hanging on the wall, piercing right through it. The wall around it was cracked, and there was a large hole around it.

Judging from that, the force of the spear thrown out must be incredible. I’m surprised I only took 50 damage from that, then I remembered the newly gained ability: Absorption.

I figured that I should have taken more without it.

‘Never thought I would be saved from the system.’ I was used to her torture ever since I arrived here. It felt weird being saved by her.

I quickly noticed my absence of attention on the spear guy and immediately returned my attention to what was in front of me.

The Spear Statue guy was growing closer. It was still walking dramatically toward me. Right in front of my eyes, a spear just miraculously appeared in its hand.

While it appeared quite badass, I just stared at it blankly.

“...”

Well, that is just unfair.

6